Sign in to follow this  
whitford

Pioneer Lx-608 Best Price

if it came down to 6700 i would almost be tempted for one of those.

seems kind of stupid paying a premium, that includes a 5 yr warranty and installation+ delivery.

i would be quite happy to install myself, put in a van to transport, and get a warranty from store, perhaps 3 yr instead of 5, which im sure would all add to lower costs.

i'm still surprised how much it costs in oz compared to US, when oz at least has pioneer based here. In NZ our prices were ridiculous because we had to import pioneers from an official supplier. if you could get an LX609 for say $6700au, similar to what US market can get, i'm sure that tv would become a lot more popular for people here. but the fact they charge more, means there is most likely a lot of LX608's in stock around the place that people aren't going to buy anytime soon.

If the panel drops to 6700, those exact panels were most likely imported back when the price was 9k, so what happens then, sits on the shelf and loose $2k in profit haha.

All other brands of TV's seemed to be relatively comparative to US prices it seems, except the pioneers.

Right you are, sorry.

So if the $4,500 LX508 is rumoured to be coming down to around $3,700, do we assume the $7,500 LX608 will come down to around $6,700?

Where did someone get $7500 from?????

They now have the new Pioneer KRP-600M KURO monitor listed on their website

The first member of Pioneer’s 9th Generation plasma family to arrive in Australia (August 08), the KRP600M monitor joins Pioneer’s current line-up of 8th Generation models, marking another milestone in Pioneer’s Project KURO initiatives. “A custom Full-HD monitor rather than a one-body KURO TV, the KRP-600M monitor is not a direct replacement for our current 8th Gen range, but rather broadens our KURO offering.

And here's a way to get that WAF

There’s even a mirror mode for those customers who like to watch the KRP600M whilst doing their make-up, shaving or brushing their teeth in front of the mirror.
Edited by ijuschill

guys just letting everyone know we have a near new lx608 demo unit for $7800.00 at Big Picture People Cheltenham. its in Perfect condition and will be sold with full warranty.

We also have the new KRP600M as well.

Ask for Robert (Myself) if interested

thanks

guys just letting everyone know we have a near new lx608 demo unit for $7800.00 at Big Picture People Cheltenham. its in Perfect condition and will be sold with full warranty.

We also have the new KRP600M as well.

Ask for Robert (Myself) if interested

thanks

will you be selling the Pioneer KRP600M below the rrp or is it not possible this early?

i've heard they are the bee knees

will you be selling the Pioneer KRP600M below the rrp or is it not possible this early?

i've heard they are the bee knees

call me in store for a price

Ive had my 608 for a year now and highly recommend it to anyone looking to purchase. ;)

Digital centre are selling this one for $8,100, what is the best price in Brissie now?

Chris P

Digital centre are selling this one for $8,100, what is the best price in Brissie now?

Chris P

Ive got no idea im in adelaide. ;)

I purchased this for $8999 from Harvey Norman in Sydney last week. Unfortunately my wife & I miscalculated the size of the room & while an amazing set, it really is to big for us. Tried to get the store to exchange for the 50" & take other goods up to that value but because it was ordered in for us they wont exchange. Pity as I love this plasma but is too large for our living space. I'm going to have to sell this privately now & take a bath on the cost(less than a week old set!)

Bad service from Harvey Norman in my opinion even if the customer(myself) was at fault in not measuring properly. Anyone want to make me an offer on a as new PDPLX608A? all reasonable offers considered.

I purchased this for $8999 from Harvey Norman in Sydney last week. Unfortunately my wife & I miscalculated the size of the room & while an amazing set, it really is to big for us. Tried to get the store to exchange for the 50" & take other goods up to that value but because it was ordered in for us they wont exchange. Pity as I love this plasma but is too large for our living space. I'm going to have to sell this privately now & take a bath on the cost(less than a week old set!)

Bad service from Harvey Norman in my opinion even if the customer(myself) was at fault in not measuring properly. Anyone want to make me an offer on a as new PDPLX608A? all reasonable offers considered.

Try to get used it, you will adapt quickly.

If you're viewing distance is >= 2 meters then the 60" is the best option.

Hi Rank

I have a new Pioneer Lx508a arriving on thursday if you have any interest in taking it and we could do an adjustment or let me know what amount you are asking for it.My lounge room is huge and any telly would fit.Pm me or reply and i will give you my phone number.

Rgds

Sean

Edited by sean6993

Hi Rank

I have a new Pioneer Lx508a arriving on thursday if you have any interest in taking it and we could do an adjustment or let me know what amount you are asking for it.My lounge room is huge and any telly would fit.Pm me or reply and i will give you my phone number.

Rgds

Sean

Sounds like it could be a plan Sean. Either way i'm definitely buying a Pioneer 50". I love the 60" & think it is the most sensational picture i've seen but it really is too big for our living space :o

Sounds like it could be a plan Sean. Either way i'm definitely buying a Pioneer 50". I love the 60" & think it is the most sensational picture i've seen but it really is too big for our living space :o

Rank

Could you Pm me your phone number

Its not letting me PM you.Or send me your phone number to seanrorie@hotmail.com

Rgds

Sean

Edited by sean6993

whats your viewing distance? I view from about 2.5 metres and I could easily go bigger.

Hey Mate,

Drop me an email on macgutz@aol.com as I have an offer for you.

Hope your located in Sydney...

Hi guys. Thought I'd let you know that I've had the KRP 600M since late August and it's absolutely awesome. With stand and speakers (which are not included) it cost $9400 so I wouldn't be paying anything over $8k for a LX608 (I could have bought an LX for $7800 at the time). In fact, I wouldn't even purchase the LX since the KRP is now available. Anybody who wants a high end screen has no use for an inbuilt tuner anyway(Foxtel HD, PVRs etc). It is truly black. When watching a movie in 1.85:1, the horizontal black bars just become part of the frame!

whats your viewing distance? I view from about 2.5 metres and I could easily go bigger.

We are viewing from 2 metres & while it truly is sensational the wife doesn't like the way it has become the centerpiece of the lounge room & wants something smaller.

My loss i guess...........

We are viewing from 2 metres & while it truly is sensational the wife doesn't like the way it has become the centerpiece of the lounge room & wants something smaller.

My loss i guess...........

Fair enough I know what you mean. I wanted to upgrade to a good PJ and put the plasma in the family room. DENIED for the same reasons. 2m for movies would be fine but not if you do day to day viewing. I have a 68cm in the same room that gets used for the news etc.

Chris P

I paid $8165 at JB in Kedron, Brisbane yesterday

Daz

Hi guys. Thought I'd let you know that I've had the KRP 600M since late August and it's absolutely awesome. With stand and speakers (which are not included) it cost $9400 so I wouldn't be paying anything over $8k for a LX608 (I could have bought an LX for $7800 at the time). In fact, I wouldn't even purchase the LX since the KRP is now available. Anybody who wants a high end screen has no use for an inbuilt tuner anyway(Foxtel HD, PVRs etc). It is truly black. When watching a movie in 1.85:1, the horizontal black bars just become part of the frame!

Im actually thinking about the KRP 600M now since it's taking so long for the LX509 to arrive.

Out of curiosity, what state are we taking for that price on that panel? Did it take alot of haggling?

Thanks

Im actually thinking about the KRP 600M now since it's taking so long for the LX509 to arrive.

Out of curiosity, what state are we taking for that price on that panel? Did it take alot of haggling?

Thanks

Melbourne. It was the first and only price offered. I had been talking to the shop about its release since mid July. The guy said he had ordered 3 units but was only supplied with one. I later found out that it was supposed to be the shop's demo model and pioneer's stock for sale is only now becoming available. I would say that with available stock to supply, shops would be more competitive. I am curious to see how much I overpaid for being impatient.

Anybody come across prices for 609, thinking of biting the bullet on one of these panels

I've heard that the LX609 will only be available early next year. I'm guessing that they still have quite a few LX 608s to sell. Just get the KRP 600M. It is awesome.

I've heard that the LX609 will only be available early next year. I'm guessing that they still have quite a few LX 608s to sell. Just get the KRP 600M. It is awesome.

thought they were one and the same, will have to do some googling :D