Pioneer Lx-608 Best Price

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 600M models etc are similar to signature series in usa, which are above the elite models due to being thinner chassis. but some have tuners, some don't.

the tuner wouldn't be a bother to me as I have an HD tuner as well as FoxtelHD. But I stil don't know if I'd justify 10k for a 60". Have to wait and see some in stores to see how they compare.

Does your 600m make a buzzing sound at all?

I think the 600M models etc are similar to signature series in usa, which are above the elite models due to being thinner chassis. but some have tuners, some don't.

the tuner wouldn't be a bother to me as I have an HD tuner as well as FoxtelHD. But I stil don't know if I'd justify 10k for a 60". Have to wait and see some in stores to see how they compare.

Hi Smokenz, I live in Auckland, just wondering if I could buy a Samsung TV from your mate here in NZ. I would be happy to give him a good sized commission. Cheers mate.

But how long have you been enjoying the XDA for?

a long time so I guess I can't be too upset. I do regret not buying the LX now though, but I must say I am still very impressed with the visual quality of the xda. The PS3 looks super crisp on these screens so I can only imagine how much better the LX looks with the extra pixels :(

Edited by Peter Bouzaid

I've read about buzzing but it's certainly not apparent on my 600m at all. I also have a Pioneer 506 which didn't have any buzzing either. I've heard that it's actually related to the altitude you're at (the plasma particles buzz at a higher altitude or something like that). Don't quote me though. I'm sure I'm pretty close to sea level.

yeah bro, i can find out for you if he will do that.

Cheers mate, actually I have been hanging out for the 55inch Samsung series 9, sounds mean. I would love to get it before the Kiwis play the Kangaroos, imagine watching that on a 55inch LED. Anyway I will wait for your reply mate.

I've read about buzzing but it's certainly not apparent on my 600m at all. I also have a Pioneer 506 which didn't have any buzzing either. I've heard that it's actually related to the altitude you're at (the plasma particles buzz at a higher altitude or something like that). Don't quote me though. I'm sure I'm pretty close to sea level.

that's interesting you say about altitude, i had read that.

but i heard buzzing on apanel in store that was about 1m above sea level. my plasma buzzed back in NZ and I was living maybe 300m above sea level at the top of a hill, i'm guessing 300m as the ocean was quite a fair way below. i now live in surfers around 100m high, but have not tested a pioneer plasma at this height.

i think more or so you either don't hear it with your ears, or you have been lucky and had 2 non buzzing sets. Although I'm unsure if 506's had buzzing. I've heard it on 507 and 508s.

I just got KRP-600M last week and its a stunning display!

Very thin and there is no buzzing I can hear unless I literally put my ear to the back of the panel (and I live 11 floors up in an apartment building so I dont think the altitude has any effect).

I can highly recommend this display, and yes Ive been told the 609 is not until early next year now.

Very thin and there is no buzzing I can hear unless I literally put my ear to the back of the panel (and I live 11 floors up in an apartment building so I dont think the altitude has any effect).

I can highly recommend this display, and yes Ive been told the 609 is not until early next year now.

Seeing that the KRP-600m doesn't have a tuner et al is it a lot thinner than the 608/609 ?

11 floors up (i.e. <30m) does not count as altitude :P There are hills bigger than that in Australian cities.

High altitude in terms of plasma TVs is hundreds or thousands of meters high. e.g. places like Johannesberg which are 1750m above sea level..

Can I ask what you paid for yours? Did you get speakers & stand with it as well?

I think around $9100 seems to be the starting street price for this monitor.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
guess not :(

As I said before there will be more movement once the 609 arrives as people may be waiting to see the difference if not that much difference in pq (to them!) then there will be a rush to grab the 608 while stocks last

cheers laurie

Sorry for the spam but i thought some people here might be interested due to the fact that the LX609 will be $12499 as of the 1st Jan.

If anyone in Melbourne is interested in a new Pioneer LX608 i have 2 now in stock. $7999 firm. Call me on 9470 8444.

Cheers

Jason