Pioneer Lx-608 Best Price

New rec retail price of $9999 on pio web site

Myer Chadstone (and I suspect nationally) have a 10% of all Plasma sales thru till this Sunday. I just wondered into Myer Chadstone and sure enough the 10% was on offer but unfortunately the LX608 ticketed price was $9,999.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myer Chadstone (and I suspect nationally) have a 10% of all Plasma sales thru till this Sunday. I just wondered into Myer Chadstone and sure enough the 10% was on offer but unfortunately the LX608 ticketed price was $9,999.

Has anyone been able to push for a new low price since the RRP has dropped to $9999.

Best price I have had is $8700

It should be much lower than 8700. I bought mine in 26th February 2008 for 8200 in Harvey Norman Osborne Park - Perth. So I assume Melbourne price should be at least a few hundred dollars cheaper, and I purchased mine a good 3 months ago when the RRP was well over 10k.

What I did was I went to the store, asked for the manager, and tell them that I want 8200. I'll pay cash now, and after about 20 minutes, he said give me the money, and you'll have it..

Edited by whitford

It should be much lower than 8700. I bought mine in 26th February 2008 for 8200 in Harvey Norman Osborne Park - Perth. So I assume Melbourne price should be at least a few hundred dollars cheaper, and I purchased mine a good 3 months ago when the RRP was well over 10k.

What I did was I went to the store, asked for the manager, and tell them that I want 8200. I'll pay cash now, and after about 20 minutes, he said give me the money, and you'll have it..

Thats good to hear, I think a price around the $8000 and maybe below should be acheivable

• 2 weeks later...
Thats good to hear, I think a price around the $8000 and maybe below should be acheivable

I just bought the Lx608 last Saturday at HN Auburn store for 8k. I have checked the prices and no other stores can come close to this figure.

I just bought the Lx608 last Saturday at HN Auburn store for 8k. I have checked the prices and no other stores can come close to this figure.

I've been calling around Perth, can't really find anyone willing to go below 9k. Spoke to the manager at HN Osborne park also who reckons he cant go below 9k either.

Did anyone have any luck buying from a different state and being delivered here?

Hi there i am new to this site but i know that jb, harvey norman, and all these chains will be happy to sell the lx 608 below cost.

What they dont like are people like us who waste there time and just want to get the best price and shop elsewhere.

So the best price i have got to date is 8500, but if 8000 has been achieved than i will walk in with 7800 cash in my jacket and demand it for 7800

Can the bloke from perth who payed 8000 send his receipt to

mauricegue@iinet.net.au

Kindest Regards

Maurice

I've been calling around Perth, can't really find anyone willing to go below 9k. Spoke to the manager at HN Osborne park also who reckons he cant go below 9k either.

Did anyone have any luck buying from a different state and being delivered here?

Hi mate

I work at djs n i should be able to do better than that ,iv seen a few guys on this forum with cheaper prices, so if i can verify them i should be able to price match them for you, just email me your details and ill get in touch with

Cheers

Hi there i am new to this site but i know that jb, harvey norman, and all these chains will be happy to sell the lx 608 below cost.

What they dont like are people like us who waste there time and just want to get the best price and shop elsewhere.

So the best price i have got to date is 8500, but if 8000 has been achieved than i will walk in with 7800 cash in my jacket and demand it for 7800

Can the bloke from perth who payed 8000 send his receipt to

mauricegue@iinet.net.au

Kindest Regards

Maurice

Hi mate

I work at djs , if you can get a receipt from the guy who paid 8000 or find out from where he got it from i should be able to price match it for you.

Cheers

Hi mate

I work at djs , if you can get a receipt from the guy who paid 8000 or find out from where he got it from i should be able to price match it for you.

Cheers

Further work has gotten me to $8,499. However its 4 weeks until pio gets any stock. I think its only 12 weeks until the next gen plasmas are released anyway so I've got to decide if its worth buying or waiting.

Brisbanites - Whatever price you've got so far.. If you bring it in to me at Clive Peeters - Macgregor - I'll have a chat to the boss and we can see if we can beat it, if not match it!

SuFz :ninja:

best price i got is 8100 at a jb store in Melbourne

if you offer it at 8000 i buy it from you

Mac

best price i got is 8100 at a jb store in Melbourne

if you offer it at 8000 i buy it from you

Mac

Only thing is we can only take 30% deposit over the phone.. We have to have the customer in store to pay the rest..

You'll have to excuse the mistakes.. I'm using my mobile..

I'll see what i can do price wise.. If you wanna pm me your name and contact phone number.. I'll give you a call tmrw with a price we can do! That is a bloody good price though..

Only thing is we can only take 30% deposit over the phone.. We have to have the customer in store to pay the rest..

You'll have to excuse the mistakes.. I'm using my mobile..

I'll see what i can do price wise.. If you wanna pm me your name and contact phone number.. I'll give you a call tmrw with a price we can do! That is a bloody good price though..

hey there

i will come in personally either tomorrow sunday or monday and buy it at 8000 for u

forget the phone deposit i will come in and personally pay

you can contact me on 0403 497 958

which david jones store in Melbourne?

hey there

i will come in personally either tomorrow sunday or monday and buy it at 8000 for u

I'm in brisbane.. Clive Peeters - Macgregor..

Guest EZYHD
hey there

Its not a very good idea to leave your phone No. on a public forum.

Guest David Tran

Hey Sufz,

I came to the CP @ MacGregor early Feb to buy a LCD for my in-laws. Asked them for LG LCD and they didnt or couldnt match the price that JB and The Good Guys offered to me. Kinda disappointed. Sorry this is not to dis-credited you. I have purchased things from CP before. Just pissed off when they think I was lying about the prices. Maybe I will come and see you next time when I am hunting for a couples LCD. PM me your name please.

David

Hey Sufz,

I came to the CP @ MacGregor early Feb to buy a LCD for my in-laws. Asked them for LG LCD and they didnt or couldnt match the price that JB and The Good Guys offered to me. Kinda disappointed. Sorry this is not to dis-credited you. I have purchased things from CP before. Just pissed off when they think I was lying about the prices. Maybe I will come and see you next time when I am hunting for a couples LCD. PM me your name please.

David

I'm an ex Harvey's boy.. So I've been through the whole harvey's experience etc. Now I've been at Clive's for about a month and a bit and i'm firing away at these guys and their way of selling. It makes everything so much easier! They have had a reshuffle in staff and there's a heap of new faces according to the guys here. Don't stress!

Come on in and we'll go from there!

hey there

Hey mate..

Let us know how you go with that!

Hey mate..

Let us know how you go with that!

The manager at the clive peters you mentioned to me on the phone (melbourne) called me 5 times and eventually agreed to give it to me for 8000 even. He said that was the best legitimate price in australia. I did well and many thanks to you mate.

Paying tomorrow for it or this week sometime

I will post a link to a photo of teh reciept so everyone can download it and go nagging harvey norman JB etc all these people. Of course you can get it from clive peters like i did but be nice to them as they were nice to me and have allowed to sell it a new benchmark level.

Let me know your thought

Maurice

The manager at the clive peters you mentioned to me on the phone (melbourne) called me 5 times and eventually agreed to give it to me for 8000 even. He said that was the best legitimate price in australia. I did well and many thanks to you mate.

Paying tomorrow for it or this week sometime

I will post a link to a photo of teh reciept so everyone can download it and go nagging harvey norman JB etc all these people. Of course you can get it from clive peters like i did but be nice to them as they were nice to me and have allowed to sell it a new benchmark level.

Let me know your thought

Maurice

Well done mate! Told you that I sort something out for ya ;)

Old mate will take care of you.. He's a good fulla! If you have any drama's or anything - Message me on here!

Edited by SuFz