Sign in to follow this  
whitford

Pioneer Lx-608 Best Price

I paid 8800 for it in HV Osborne Park Perth. Is that considered good / ok price?

I paid 8800 for it in HV Osborne Park Perth. Is that considered good / ok price?

Sounds like a good price. I tried to negotiate a price of $8500 yesterday at a local JB Hi Fi store here in Melbourne. The slaesman said that at that price it was $1500 below their cost !

Could you send me a copy of your receipt to loius_hb@hotmail.com. It would be much appreciated

If I ever win Powerball, I'd probably get one of these. That, or that 150" Plasma by Samsung, wasn't it??

sounds like a "fair" price, digitalcentre.com have the LX608 listed for $9.1k with a Pio PVR or something on 4yrs interest free. In one of the threads there is a price mentioned on $8.2k, not sure how real that was though.

enjoy the new toy :)

sounds like a "fair" price, digitalcentre.com have the LX608 listed for $9.1k with a Pio PVR or something on 4yrs interest free. In one of the threads there is a price mentioned on $8.2k, not sure how real that was though.

enjoy the new toy :)

Pretty sure you'll find that price is 4 years interest INCURRED (unless of course you pay for it in full the day after you buy it)

Edited by WhiteGuM

Sounds like a good price. I tried to negotiate a price of $8500 yesterday at a local JB Hi Fi store here in Melbourne. The slaesman said that at that price it was $1500 below their cost !

Could you send me a copy of your receipt to loius_hb@hotmail.com. It would be much appreciated

There is no way that ten grand is cost for one of these. Trust me. ;)

There is no way that ten grand is cost for one of these. Trust me. ;)

Agreed. I wouldn't buy one unless the first digit is an 8.

I got mine for $9,100 cash price at JB-Hifi warringah mall (they price matched the offer on digitalcentre.com.au)

The installation guys who came to install the tv saw the receipt (photocopy attached to the box in the store) and said they hadn't seen a price that good.

The hdtv wiki lists $8,900 as the lowest reported. If you can get it at $8.8, I'd say you're doing pretty well.

I got mine for $9,100 cash price at JB-Hifi warringah mall (they price matched the offer on digitalcentre.com.au)

The installation guys who came to install the tv saw the receipt (photocopy attached to the box in the store) and said they hadn't seen a price that good.

The hdtv wiki lists $8,900 as the lowest reported. If you can get it at $8.8, I'd say you're doing pretty well.

Any chance I could get a copy of your receipt.

I am keen to buy one of these ASAP. Your receipt would help alot.

Please email to

loius_hb@hotmail.com

Thanks Zinzan

Any chance I could get a copy of your receipt.

I am keen to buy one of these ASAP. Your receipt would help alot.

Please email to

loius_hb@hotmail.com

Thanks Zinzan

Email sent

I just paid 8800 for the lx60 at Myer Warringah Mall

Also got the yamaha 1800 for 1275 - really wanted th 3800 but obviously they don't stock it and for that price i can't complain

all up 10075

can't wait for delivery day

forgot to say thanks to all the members here who share their experiences etc.

without the forum these prices would not of been possible and equipment decisions would of been alot harder!

now just the speakers?

what do you guys think? i'm thinking paradigm?

forgot to say thanks to all the members here who share their experiences etc.

without the forum these prices would not of been possible and equipment decisions would of been alot harder!

now just the speakers?

what do you guys think? i'm thinking paradigm?

Hi Swigo

You have great taste in equipment.

I am currently looking at buying a 5.1 Paradigm speaker set as well as the Pioneer 60inch plasma.

I have had a demo on the Monitor 11's (version 5) and for the price these are amazing speakers. In particular, fantastic "punchy" bass.

I am also considering purchasing the Paradigm Studio 100 (version 4) but these are harfer to find. A small reatiler has offered to bring them in for me to test. The reviews on these speakers are all positive. The signature series are unfotunately out price limits for me.

The one significant problem with buying paradigm speakers is that there is a shortage of supply and therfore it makes it difficult to give them a really good test and more particularly, negotiate a great price. The Australian price of these speakers is approximately double the USA price. The explanation being that our Australian market is just too small.

Here is the paradigm webite link

http://www.paradigm.com/en/paradigm/news/

I am looking to buy a 60 inch Plasma this weekend. Would you be kind enough to email a copy of your receipt to me at loius_hb@hotmail.com.

Thanks

I look forward to hearing about your progress with Paradigm

I just paid 8800 for the lx60 at Myer Warringah Mall

Also got the yamaha 1800 for 1275 - really wanted th 3800 but obviously they don't stock it and for that price i can't complain

all up 10075

can't wait for delivery day

Hello Swigo,

I am also keen to pick up the LX608 very soon. Can you please also email me a copy of your receipt. <cpoon38@yahoo.com.au>

Thanks in advance.

oms38

I went to a HN store today to see the LX508 and they had a LX608 next to it. It looked amazing and made me wish I could afford the close to 4K difference in price to the 50 inch. Only had the RRP price listed but didn't bother asking what he could do - was worried it may get me spending way more than I bargained for. Considering the RRP, I think 8800 is doing well.

Just saw the LX608 at JB HiFi in Elizabeth St Melb for $8877.00 total.

Only 1 left it said on the sign.

I know this is cheeky but could I get a copy of this receipt. I am really interested in this plasma and this price is knock out.

If you could PM me that would be great

all the best

rich

Anyone in Sydney got a price in the $8K region?

I went to a few places in Chatswood over the weekend and the best I got was $9800 at DJs on 18 month interest free. I must admit I didn't haggle very hard as I wasn't sure if I really wanted the 60". But I think I might bite the bullet now on the 60".

Seems like some people got some good prices at Warringah Mall on both the 50" and 60", might have to go up that way this weekend...

Hey Swigo

Great price I tried haggling last weekend for the LX608 and only got down to $9900 at Myers Adelaide city any chance you can email me your receipt . Would really appreciate it .. fvdc127@hotmail.com :D Yamaha 1800 looks really good too I was tossing up between the Onkyo 905 or Integra 8.8 .. not sure yet. Any ideas anyone ?

Anyone in Sydney got a price in the $8K region?

I went to a few places in Chatswood over the weekend and the best I got was $9800 at DJs on 18 month interest free. I must admit I didn't haggle very hard as I wasn't sure if I really wanted the 60". But I think I might bite the bullet now on the 60".

Seems like some people got some good prices at Warringah Mall on both the 50" and 60", might have to go up that way this weekend...

I got a verbal OK on $8,800 from JBHiFi at Macquarie Centre in Sydney. The answer was pretty quick and they didn't even pressure me to commit on the spot, so I am now wondering how low the price can go.

I got a verbal OK on $8,800 from JBHiFi at Macquarie Centre in Sydney. The answer was pretty quick and they didn't even pressure me to commit on the spot, so I am now wondering how low the price can go.

Wow thanks durbs. I might check it out this weekend. Anyone got lower in Sydney area?

Wow thanks durbs. I might check it out this weekend. Anyone got lower in Sydney area?

You will need to ask for Dave - he only works there Thursdays and Sundays. You could try someone else, but I don't know how you will go.

Just been to Digitalcentre website and they have a rebate promotion for the lx608 for $8793.

http://www.digitalcentre.ashop.com.au/p/40...-plasma-tv.html

After speaking with someone there I managed to ascertain the following things.

Although there are no charges to pay for an early withdrawal from the contract there are certain charges incurred. A one off payment of $25.00 sets up the account and it seems one has to have at least one statement or a month in the contract. This is charged at $2.95. Then there is the interest on top of that which is roughly 16-18%. He said this charge would be around the $90.00 mark, but I can't see how he gets that when 1% is %87.93. I shall have to ring again to clarify that.

Anyway what I'd like to know is if anyone else has had dealings of a similar nature with digitalcentre and their rebate promotions and can advise whether they are good or not. I didn't like giving my information away to be honest just to apply for the paperwork and this is what I was being asked to do.

If the end price is around the $8900.00 I'd be happy. I just need a bit of prodding in the right direction and as I said if anyone has had good or bad experiences can they post

all the best

rich

New rec retail price of $9999 on pio web site

NO sales rep will ever know the true cost price of any product. Bottom line. Their computers show them what there boss will allow them to see. I hear reps all the time carry on about this that and the other and they're just FOS. Working in the importing game several years ago it was my job to set the list prices and workable margins on all machinery we bought in. And more often than not the list price was just a reasonable guesstimate.. ie bullshit price fluffed up to cover operating costs much faster, and the 'I could do with a vacation in a couple of months - extra spending money' margins... Every sales staff under our control had no knowledge whatsoever of any true cost / purchase prices. They're just going off book prices and have a pre-configured margin they're permitted to work within.

Edited by tuckerm