Sign in to follow this  
SunBoy

Sony Bravia Prices - Cash Back Now On

52" XBR - $5000 from harvey norman. (before 300 cash back)

includ. delivery + take old tv away...could haggle down any lower

btw, can anyone link me to some bravia settings threads?? thx

kdl46x3100 - $2960 before $200 cashback from Sony - Dick Smith Powerhouse in Fountain Gate, Vic

46X3100 for $2980 before cash back - Good Guys Bundall

Still waiting on my $200 rebate cheque :(

46X3100 for $2810 (before cashback) from JB Hi-Fi Warringah Mall, Sydney.

Big thanks have to go out to Mantronic for getting this low price in the first place from Myer, allowing me to then get JB to match it.

Cheers dude! ;)

Chuffed with the performance of this tv so far too! HD free-to-air is brilliant & SD more than acceptable. Yet to try DVD but my player is oldish so may not scale well. I am however going to try Call Of Duty 4 and see what that looks/plays like (PC version).

Edited by like2watch

46X3100 for $2810 (before cashback) from JB Hi-Fi Warringah Mall, Sydney.

Big thanks have to go out to Mantronic for getting this low price in the first place from Myer, allowing me to then get JB to match it.

Cheers dude! ;)

Chuffed with the performance of this tv so far too! HD free-to-air is brilliant & SD more than acceptable. Yet to try DVD but my player is oldish so may not scale well. I am however going to try Call Of Duty 4 and see what that looks/plays like (PC version).

Ha ha ... JB Warringah Mall were rude and said I was wasting their time when I asked for one for $3000! Just shows how persistence and a bit of luck will get the right prices.

cod4 ps3 was great when I tried it. Dont forget its got a game made setting which can make a big difference on some games.

You guys in NSW seem to have by far the best deals. I just added a post in the Adelaide section saying how $3300 is about the lowest I have been given for the 46 inch X series.

regards

Ouch people!!! I paid $3390 3 weeks ago at my local Good Guys!!! :angry:

Granted that was on 2years interest free so not overly concerned.

Still I have a week or so to find an advertised price under that for their 120% difference cash-back. So far found a Bing Lee add for $100 less than what I paid so I guess thats something.

cliffo

Still I have a week or so to find an advertised price under that for their 120% difference cash-back. So far found a Bing Lee add for $100 less than what I paid so I guess thats something.

cliffo

I guess the trick here is "advertised price". From what i've seen in my limited research is that the advertised price is meaningless.

Could some kind person please tell me how I can access a receipt that I can use as a bargaining tool. I've read reports where people have used them from DTV Forum but are they passed on privately as I don't seem to know where they are. I am a new member and don't want to break protocol.

Many thanks

kdl46x3100 - $2960 before $200 cashback from Sony - Dick Smith Powerhouse in Fountain Gate, Vic

I was in there on Saturday, what model was that they were using with the PS3, looked very nice?

I guess the trick here is "advertised price". From what i've seen in my limited research is that the advertised price is meaningless.

Could some kind person please tell me how I can access a receipt that I can use as a bargaining tool. I've read reports where people have used them from DTV Forum but are they passed on privately as I don't seem to know where they are. I am a new member and don't want to break protocol.

Many thanks

Hi there

Here is the link to mantronics receipt, http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?act=att...ost&id=5021

Great work mantronics, I got my 46X for 2810 from DJ Castle Hills, and extra two year warranty for 179 dollars. Delivery is 50 but I think I will go to the store and pick it up. I had no issue with the receipt. The sales person had to check with the manager, and once its ok, I went ahead and bought the TV. And this is on DJ's 18 months interest free terms.

I guess just be sincere that you want to buy the TV if they match the price.

Edited by thegismo

Ha ha ... JB Warringah Mall were rude and said I was wasting their time when I asked for one for $3000! Just shows how persistence and a bit of luck will get the right prices.

Yeah well i've been pretty patient over the last month or so. I hadn't gotten a price under $3200 before going to the Mall. I wasn't aggressive in any way, i was just being frank & he knew that i was on my way to Myer to pretty much get the price Mantronic got from the same salesman, and so decided (after about 5-10mins) to give me the sale. It all depends on timing and who you get too.

Below is my receipt from the sale. I also got a 5yr warranty and Belkin surge board. Also noted on the receipt is the fact the box had a hole on the rear side when i went to pick it up. This was after the sale was made so is no indication of the price, i just wanted it noted just in case.

receipt: http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6421/46xreceiptsmlzv9.jpg

Cheers,

cliffo

dse had one advertised online for a little over $3k ... kulfi posted it ... you could get lucky.

40" Sony X series.

$2589

Cameraworld in Springvale Victoria

PS. Yes, this is before $150 cashback.

Edited by PilgriM

Hi there,

I am planning to buy a Sony LCD D series 40' as my limited budget. Can anyone help me on this please? I live in Sydney.

hi guys,

I am planning to buy a SONY D series 40'. Can anyone help me on that please?

I am planning to buy a Sony LCD D series 40' as my limited budget. Can anyone help me on this please? I live in Sydney.

I'm in Sydney and the prices I've seen for the 40" D-series are around $1700 (post-negotiation and before cashback). This is quite expensive for a 40" 1366X768 LCD and I would advise you against spending that kind of money for it.

You can get a 42" Panasonic PX7 plasma for $900 so paying almost double for the Sony LCD is a waste. What is your budget looking like ?

dse had one advertised online for a little over $3k ... kulfi posted it ... you could get lucky.

Yeah I saw that and was gunna try it but the price match is for local stores only and there's no DSE Power Stores nearby.

40" Sony X series.

$2589

Cameraworld in Springvale Victoria

PS. Yes, this is before $150 cashback.

Yeah i found that too, Great Price.

Was there an option for extended warranty?

Can you do pick up?

Where are they located?

mantronic, thegismo and like2watch, thanks for letting us know about those great $2810 deals on the 46 inch X series. I've been keen to get one myself for quite a while and at that price I think the time might be right.

Could you guys do us all another favour and repost the receipts at twice the size. I am having trouble printing them as they are and it would really help when negotiating if I could show the receipts with the date, model and cost shown.

Thanks guys for helping fellow fans of the Sony X series get a great deal.

DF

mantronic, thegismo and like2watch, thanks for letting us know about those great $2810 deals on the 46 inch X series. I've been keen to get one myself for quite a while and at that price I think the time might be right.

Could you guys do us all another favour and repost the receipts at twice the size. I am having trouble printing them as they are and it would really help when negotiating if I could show the receipts with the date, model and cost shown.

Thanks guys for helping fellow fans of the Sony X series get a great deal.

DF

Hi there, all you need to do is save the receipt that mantronic posted, and paste it into your MS word, then print it out as an A4 size. I can't post mine because I haven't received my TV yet, all I have is an order form.

Hi there, all you need to do is save the receipt that mantronic posted, and paste it into your MS word, then print it out as an A4 size. I can't post mine because I haven't received my TV yet, all I have is an order form.

Thanks. I did what you suggested and I can read it easily.

DF

I was in there on Saturday, what model was that they were using with the PS3, looked very nice?

they are running the 52x there with the ps3 playing gran turismo 5

how i know you ask?

i work there :P

hi guys,

I am planning to buy a SONY D series 40'. Can anyone help me on that please?

My budget is below $2000. My purpose is for my baby to watch cartons. I have a medium lounge. I fear that my CRT TV is not good for my baby. I heard plasma is not as good as LCD. I understand I can spend $2300 for a W series and $ 2500+ for a x series Sony.

In this market, I can not find V series any more which is much cheaper.

Do you think 40' plasma is good enough?

Thanks to the kind people who provided copies of invoices. (X series Bravia 46" aprox $2800)

In relation the the Sony X 46", Myer in 2 places in Adelaide said "of course we'll price-match"..........until they heard the price, then they were'nt interested in talking. About $3300 is all they would come down to.

Oh well JB is the next stop and I will report back.

Does anyone know if any company has a written policy of price-matching?

Cheers

Thanks to the kind people who provided copies of invoices. (X series Bravia 46" aprox $2800)

In relation the the Sony X 46", Myer in 2 places in Adelaide said "of course we'll price-match"..........until they heard the price, then they were'nt interested in talking. About $3300 is all they would come down to.

Oh well JB is the next stop and I will report back.

Does anyone know if any company has a written policy of price-matching?

Cheers

Hi there,

The only company that I know is DJ, at least in NSW they have signs everywhere, it says. "It cost no more to shop at David Jones, we'll match competitors price"

Give them a try and good luck.