Sony Bravia Prices - Cash Back Now On

Was in stock at JB Hi-fi Kotara. There are actually 2 JB's in Kotara - I bought it from the one in Westfield, they were begrudgingly price-matching the other Kotara JB Hi-fi down the road, but due to a mis-communication when they phoned up to check, they sold me the set for $3000 (before cashback) instead of $3100 which was actually the best price I had managed to pummel the other store down to.

So yeah, I got lucky.

Same deal as mine. I bought mine two weeks ago at JB Bundall (Gold Coast). Here is the receipt:JB Receipt

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the Samsung Full HD (N8 and M8) models are down below the $1,700 mark, I wonder if the Sony BRAVIA prices will move too. I am about to pick up a 40W3100 on the weekend, but the Samsung prices are really tempting.

Same deal as mine. I bought mine two weeks ago at JB Bundall (Gold Coast). Here is the receipt:JB Receipt

Would you have got the same price without the PS3 bought at the same time?

This is why I'm not a fan of best price threads. The more you buy the cheaper you get. Most just say I paid $x but it is pretty meaningless if it was part of a larger purchase which is always disclosed.

(not picking on you corrado, just a general gripe of mine)

Would you have got the same price without the PS3 bought at the same time?

This is why I'm not a fan of best price threads. The more you buy the cheaper you get. Most just say I paid $x but it is pretty meaningless if it was part of a larger purchase which is always disclosed.

(not picking on you corrado, just a general gripe of mine)

Thanks corrado!! Armed with a copy of your receipt DSE Woden (ACT) price matched your figure. Happily walked away with a KDL46X3100 for $2999 (even less after the cashback is processed).

momaw - have a bit more faith; I didn't buy extra's with this panel, these style threads are gold for potential buyers.

Thanks corrado!! Armed with a copy of your receipt DSE Woden (ACT) price matched your figure. Happily walked away with a KDL46X3100 for $2999 (even less after the cashback is processed).

momaw - have a bit more faith; I didn't buy extra's with this panel, these style threads are gold for potential buyers.

Pleasure mate, I totally agree with you regarding the benefits of these threads. I would have forked out a few hundred dollars more without them

Momaw- Yes, I could have got the the TV by itself for $3000, but $689 for the PS3 GT5P bundle was a pretty good deal on the Gold Coast as well.

hi javiba ..

i am in canberra region too, so your receipt copy will help me too much.. i would really appriciate if you can send me copy of your receipt. You did a wonderful trade :) my adress is bilo128atyahoo.com

Thanks by now

new X series which is coded x5050 will be releasing this may. link is below , i ğuess this japanese sony page explains why the cash back is on Austrlia and what models they will sell in au for euro 2008 and olympics.. 120 hz and new F1 series , is there anybody there know japanese :))

http://www.ecat.sony.co.jp/bravia/products...fm?Series=x5050

http://www.ecat.sony.co.jp/bravia/products...s.cfm?Series=f1

WHAT: KDL46X3100

WHEN: 06/04/2008

WHERE: Good guys highpoint

HOW MUCH: $3097 for tv + $203 for extended 3 years warranty (before cashback)

2007 lineup was the last year to buy LCD's and Plasmas when manufacturers paid attention to extreme quality and premium pricing. This reflected in very well designed and manufactured products, best quality internal electronics, etc.

The 2008 series from manufacturers will have to be built down to price because instead of paying $4200 for a 46inch LCD TV we now expect to pay $3000 or less and build quality and internal electronics will have to be designed to that price scale. Hell some manufacturers cannot even break even and are leaving some markets due to low priced manufacturers.

I seriously think gimmicks are what 2008 and onwards models will have to sell as new fresh updates, like wireless transmissions, internal Ipod players, etc. The actual build and picture quality will stay static or maybe even lower as parts sharing becomes even more apparent. Brands like Kuro that don't do part sharing to the same scale as other manufacturers will probably be better in 2008 models as it will still be priced as a premium model about the same prices as 2007 models so they can still use premium electronics, etc but other mainstream manufacturers are expected to price their models now close to $1000 less.

I think maybe the 46inch X series Sony will have to be made in a Chinese factory instead of Japan but it may have a wireless Ipod Player and bluetooth to sync your err phone to or some gimmick like that.

Edited by dreamscene

new X series which is coded x5050 will be releasing this may. link is below , i ğuess this japanese sony page explains why the cash back is on Austrlia and what models they will sell in au for euro 2008 and olympics.. 120 hz and new F1 series , is there anybody there know japanese :))

babelfish.altavista.com translates most of the text I tried. Paste the web address into the link and choose the language. If you read between the words you can get the gist of each part.

...so we might see a significant price drop in the current 'x' series next month?

.Z

Armed with the knowledge from this thread, I went out to Supacentre Moore Park to see if anyone would sell me the 46" XBR for $3300 cash.

Bing Lee wouldn't go below $3600, Harvey Norman next door sold it to me for $3430 ($3230 after cashback).

OK

Progress. Got an email today stating progres that after now 28 days they have received and registered my Cashback and that I will receive the cheque in 28 days. Not sure that was how it was supposed to work but progress nonetheless

Well, I had an interesting phone conversation this evening that's left me grinning. :P

I was quoted $4100 (cash) for the KDL52X3100 from a store in Adelaide, SA. Extra 2 years warranty, which I'll be getting, is $300 (I know, high -- but its optional).

I can't say which store I'll be getting it from right now (friend works there and had a talk to sales manager for me), but I'll be scanning the receipt as soon as I get it for everyone. I'll be buying in June though, so he said he might be able to lower the price a little bit by then and when the date draws closer I'll see about the warranty price.

$2974 for KDL46X3100 from Good Guys Malaga, WA

$129 for xtra 1 year warranty

$586 for RDRHXD970 DVD HDD recorder (retails at $799)

all before $400 cash back.....

Hi Guys,

I am also looking for a KDL46X3100 in Melbourne.

If anyone purchased recently in VIC can you send me a scan copy of your receipt? Really appreciate...

my email: windix AT gmail.com

Cheers,

Wei

I've got a friend at Sony who's quoted me $2549 for 40X ~ And a brand new PS3 for $400

Total $ 2949. Yes or No ?? :huh:

You can get the 46" X for $3000 flat. I got an over the phone from HN in Adelaide and I also have a receipt I printed off from this thread I think. Something to think about.

it's interesting how the 46x is as low as $3000, but go to the 52X and the price jumps to $5000, that's a big jump....

oh i'm looking to buy a 52 XBR in melbourne....

anyone brought one recently?? i got a quote of $5k from Myer (city)...but thats myer, surely u can go lower....yeh?

Ok, over the phone Harvey Norman Moore park quoted $2600 b4 cash back ~ $2450

That is over the phone tho

Sony 46X is going for $2800 before cashback. Couldn't be bothered with the 40X for $2600. No deal.

40 - 46 = $300

46 - 52 = $1500

$300 is a fair premuim to pay for a 6" increase but the next 6" step is insanely overpriced. I suppose this is because 40" and 46" panels are cheaper to manufacture and have now become a mass-market high-volume product. To all those who want the 52", keep waiting for the price drops because there's a lot of potential for cuts.

yeah true, 52'' does have a massive price leap.....but my parents have finally agreed to buy one...dont wanna wait any longer hehe....

yeah true, 52'' does have a massive price leap.....but my parents have finally agreed to buy one...dont wanna wait any longer hehe....

Check this out -

http://www.digitalcenter.com.au/

He's got a 52" Sony XBR for $4499 after cashback on his interest-free promotion. Use him to price-match Myer or some other store.

What is the best price for a 46" X series from Myer in Sydney?

If someone has a receipt from Myer with a good price I would really appreciate it!

Edited by Tyro