Sony Bravia Prices - Cash Back Now On

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking for a KDL40W3100.. in the HDTV wiki it says some people have got them for around the $2100-2200 mark, do you think i would be able to get one for closer to $2000 since tthe new model comes out in july and then get a Ps3 with it as well in the new deal

Is the KDL40W3100 a good tv?? is it worth $2100 even if i didnt get a PS3 with it

Edited by frog_A_lot

David Jones ad in today's Daily Telegraph re the free PS3 promo.

They're "including" 5 years warranty on the TVs too.

There's also a mention that it applies to TV's purchased between the 26/06 and 31/07 so it sounds like they're honouring the deal for the TV's purchased from today rather than waiting next week.

Anyone have any receipts or anything for KDL40W3100?? looking for a cheap one next week or so to get PS3 and save another 5-600

Whats the cheapest people have been able to get them for??

Best i ahve seen is $2150 on the hdtv wiki

looking for best price on the 32 inch v4000 in black

Unfortunatley I dont think you'll get away that cheaply. I think you'll find the PS3 promotion will only be on offer for Full HD sets, 40" & above. Not 32" & 37".

Here is the US & UK 2008 Bravia Release Schedule & by the looks, only the bigger 40, 46 & 52" V4000 models will be released in July with the 26, 32 & 37" models coming later in September after the promotion is long gone.

http://www.hdtvlounge.net/sony/2008-release-schedule/

http://www.hdtvlounge.net/sony/v4000/ :P

in the flyer posted in the other thread it did mention the v4000 i'm sure

Again the 40, 46 & 52" V4000 YES . The 26, 32 & 37" V4000 models come in September. :rolleyes: What is the difference between W4000 & V4000 ?

Edited by MrMan

Again the 40, 46 & 52" V4000 YES . The 26, 32 & 37" V4000 models come in September. :rolleyes: What is the difference between W4000 & V4000 ?

KDL32V4000 • KDL32V4000W

• KDL32V4000R • KDL40V4000 see page 4 of the flyer

not sure on the differences.

the tweaktown link doesn't mention the 32V4000 though

DJ's ad

01.jpg

David Jones ad in today's Daily Telegraph re the free PS3 promo.

There's also a mention that it applies to TV's purchased between the 26/06 and 31/07 so it sounds like they're honouring the deal for the TV's purchased from today rather than waiting next week.

For their sale price and extra warranty, yes, but the PS3 is via redemption from Sony, and applies from the first of July. Meaning I believe that you have to purchase on or after the first of July to get the PS3. Read the fine print under the TV picture in the advertisement.

M.

so is the 32 inch v4000 in or out?

I reckon out. I think we may be slightly kidding ourselfs if we think we'll get a TV & PS3 that cheap. My educated guess is that you'll need to buy a Sony worth at least $2000 before you will get a PS3 & you won't pay that for a 32" model. Sony aren't that crazy.

For their sale price and extra warranty, yes, but the PS3 is via redemption from Sony, and applies from the first of July. Meaning I believe that you have to purchase on or after the first of July to get the PS3. Read the fine print under the TV picture in the advertisement.

M.

I don't think so. It also says "purchase of the qualifying Sony... must be made between 26/6/08 and 31/7/08"

Is this deal really that great? Is the Sony 40" really worth $3700?

Or would i be better off getting a 50" Panasonic for $800 less and just buy a PS3 / xbox 360 with the savings?

the 100hz x 40 is identical and is doable for $2500 ... old and new 50hz W series should be doable for $2000.

Pana is a far superior tv IMO but these are better for my personal uses which involve lots of gaming

For me the plasma trails are like a fricken laser attack for me gaming on a plasma .... LCD motion blur is a welcome relief for me :-)

Im worried about the undefeatable dimming and sparkes reported as horrible on these ... I hope there i