Sony Bravia Prices - Cash Back Now On

hi guys,

I am planning to buy a SONY D series 40'. Can anyone help me on that please?

Hey mate, i bought a D series back in April as a second TV, and its a great set. We use that TV for viewing normal HD TV and Foxtel and it performs excellent.. im yet to try out a DVD or my PS3 on there but im sure it would be good. If thats all you need then go for it mate.. you wont be disapointed.

The panasonic 42" plasma non full hd ... is also an excellent buy and is about $500 cheaper.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sony Bravia X 52" series at JBHIFI are now advertised $4891 down from $5296 plus with the $300 cash back, gets it down to $4591 and that's before haggling.

Am glad I waited.

But the question is do I wait till September for the newer models.....???

Edited by zallapo

Yeah i found that too, Great Price.

Was there an option for extended warranty?

Can you do pick up?

Where are they located?

Didn't ask about extended warranty.

Yes you can pickup, they delivered mine later the same afternoon I bought it, 30 bucks...

Springvale in Victoria

hey guys im thinking about buying a bravia x series but im not to sure about the response time of it? will it 8ms really make a difference, i was also thinking about buying a sharp d83 46inch, what screen would you guys recommend, i would be using it for gaming and dvds and everything i spose

If I were to purchase a 46" XBR at Digital Centre ($3172 after cashback, somehow?)

http://www.digitalcentre.com.au/p/455272/s...-hd-bravia.html

and then pay 573$ for the BDPS300 blu-ray player

http://www.digitalcentre.com.au/p/521323/s...r-bdps300-.html

I would get a bonus 200$ off right? meaning 373$ for a 573$ BR player?

My real question is, do Sony require the front page of the manual or something from me when claiming the 200?

Could I sell the blu-ray player as new, anyone know?

I'll gladly pony up 373$ for the BR player, since it'd be hard not to get at least 500$ for it on ebay

Anyone?

P.S I need an answer before say mid-day tomorrow, I have to buy an LCD, I can't deal with the wavy ants on plasma :(

Edited by scottylans

hey guys iv got a question bout the sony X series

i figure heres a good place to ask as most people reading this would know about the sonys well

if u connect a source to the tv via hdmi (eg a dvd recorder) will the tv ouput DD 5.1 from its optical out?

i ask this as the sound system i have only has one coaxial input - so after using a optical to coax converter i can only connect one digital input to it

i figured that if the tv can recieve the 5.1 from the dvd and output it through its optical this can work

connecting the dvd player straight to the audio system means that i wont be able to get 5.1 from HDTV broadcasts

this seems logical to do

but for example in the samsungs...they have mentioned that if a source is connected via HDMI the output via optical will not be 5.1 and if u want this u shud connect the source directly to the audio system

there is no mention of this in the sony manual

anybody have any ideas on this?

a fairly indepth question i know....sorry...

Our local harvey Norman had a pretty good deal today;

Sony 52" W series - ticket price $3499 - 10% off (today only) - $300 cashback = $2850 (after discount & cashback). Not a bad price for a 52" Sony!

Andy.

Shame the X is over a thousand dollars more :/

Got 46' X series today from good guys highpoint in VIC paid $3289 on intrest free said he could go to 3200 if no intrest free before cash back!

I was under the impression 'interest fee' has a loan application fee as well as insurance fee if you default, since it's effectively a loan?

I'm not a fan of those things, traditionally pure cold cash normally gets a much lower price.

Did anyone see my post earlier about the blu ray drive?

If I buy an X or XBR for 3200$ (after cash back) you can get a further 200$ off for buying a blu ray player.

I can pay 570$ for a Sony blu ray player from Digital Centre

Then I get 200$ cash back on the B/R player making it 370$ - according to ebay I can sell it for 500$ (if I sell as new)

Can I sell it as new? or do I need to send in the cover of the manual to get money from Sony ? or do I need to open it and extract a serial number etc?

In other words, how do you claim the cash back?

Hi guys,

Anyone bought a 52" X series Bravia recently. Best price i have is $4500 before the $300 cashback

thanks

Yeah, was quoted around the same at JB. Will be picking up one in 2 weeks, am glad I waited for the huge drop in price.

Can't bloody wait!!!!

My theory on intrest free is if it costs me 100 bucks for 12 month intrest free and the tv costs 3200. I can pretty much put the money in the bank and still earn enough to counteract that cost. BTW i put it in the stockmarket so im hoping for higher returns lol.

Yeah, was quoted around the same at JB. Will be picking up one in 2 weeks, am glad I waited for the huge drop in price.

Can't bloody wait!!!!

Thanks zallapo,

Also, since I've never been into the big screens et all.. what do I need to buy with the tv.. i mean surge protectors, any cables, warranty etc..the dealers will try to sell you everything all at once.. ??

Also, is a PS3 a good choice for a BD player and for it's netoworking capabilities?

Can I sell it as new? or do I need to send in the cover of the manual to get money from Sony ? or do I need to open it and extract a serial number etc?

In other words, how do you claim the cash back?

Usually a cash back will require proof of purchase to be sent along with a coupon so you will probably need to open the box but assuming you are careful there is no reason why you cannot still sell it as "new" Just keep a copy of reciept to go with the unit.

My theory on intrest free is if it costs me 100 bucks for 12 month intrest free and the tv costs 3200. I can pretty much put the money in the bank and still earn enough to counteract that cost. BTW i put it in the stockmarket so im hoping for higher returns lol.

I guess that does work but I don't like being in debt ever to be honest, I like paying cash outright and owning stuff.

Usually a cash back will require proof of purchase to be sent along with a coupon so you will probably need to open the box but assuming you are careful there is no reason why you cannot still sell it as "new" Just keep a copy of reciept to go with the unit.

Interesting, thanks - now to actually see if I'd be happy with one and the black levels on it, be kind of tricky to test in a lit up store.

Thanks zallapo,

Also, since I've never been into the big screens et all.. what do I need to buy with the tv.. i mean surge protectors, any cables, warranty etc..the dealers will try to sell you everything all at once.. ??

Also, is a PS3 a good choice for a BD player and for it's netoworking capabilities?

Definatley get an extended 3-5 year warranty, plus I bought a Belkin 7 socket surge protector for me old plasma whichn I'll re-use and costs around $200. Plus get some good quality HDMI cables (got mine from http://www.ezyhd.com/?gclid=CLCzwP3s6JMCFSQqagodSD-UVQ , awesome cables) but don't fork out on any expensive monster cables, no need.

i have a PS3, and have loved every minute of it. Great value machine, always upgradable with firmware via wireless or ethernet cable (which is what I use). Can't fault it's capabilties so far.

-zallapo

Edited by zallapo

Guest Gizmomelb
Now my cashback has come through from Sony, I got the 52" W series for $2780 (after cashback).

mother pussbucket!

I bought my 52" W series around the same time (end of May) and it cost me $3700 before cashback and that was after some serious haggling between JB and Harvey Norman. Just out of interest, may I ask where you bought it for that price please?

Guest EZYHD
Definatley get an extended 3-5 year warranty, plus I bought a Belkin 7 socket surge protector for me old plasma whichn I'll re-use and costs around $200. Plus get some good quality HDMI cables (got mine from http://www.ezyhd.com/?gclid=CLCzwP3s6JMCFSQqagodSD-UVQ , awesome cables) but don't fork out on any expensive monster cables, no need.

i have a PS3, and have loved every minute of it. Great value machine, always upgradable with firmware via wireless or ethernet cable (which is what I use). Can't fault it's capabilties so far.

-zallapo

Thanks for the recommendation. DTV members can't enough of them :rolleyes:

Yes, it's one of the best there is.

Thank You Zallapo & Scottylans

Let me put two scenarios here..

Scenario 1:

I have a PS3 and the laptop connected to my home network. If i want to play a downloaded torrent on my laptop on the TV, i would need to transfer it to my PS3 and play it from there.. correct?

Scenario 2

I have a media player like MVIX MX-760 connected to my home network. I set the torrent to download on the MVIX and once the torrent finished, I can play it on the TV or should I want it on my laptop, just transfer it.. Besides, for a price lesser than the PS3, I can get a 500 GB download as well as opposed to 40GB

Cons for the second scenario are that I do not have a BD player and gaming console.. and I might add here that I am not a gaming fan at all..

what do you guys suggest I should be buying.. scenario 1 or 2?

Thank You Zallapo & Scottylans

Let me put two scenarios here..

Scenario 1:

I have a PS3 and the laptop connected to my home network. If i want to play a downloaded torrent on my laptop on the TV, i would need to transfer it to my PS3 and play it from there.. correct?

Scenario 2

I have a media player like MVIX MX-760 connected to my home network. I set the torrent to download on the MVIX and once the torrent finished, I can play it on the TV or should I want it on my laptop, just transfer it.. Besides, for a price lesser than the PS3, I can get a 500 GB download as well as opposed to 40GB

Cons for the second scenario are that I do not have a BD player and gaming console.. and I might add here that I am not a gaming fan at all..

what do you guys suggest I should be buying.. scenario 1 or 2?

It depends on what you want I guess. If you're more inclined to watch BD's and play a few games then the PS3 scenario 1 option for sure. I copy my torrents to a RW DVD-R then play that on my PS3, but never copy anything cos I only ever watch them once. But, maybe a Media Gate with a 500GB hard drive seperate from the PS3 is an option.

It depends on what you want I guess. If you're more inclined to watch BD's and play a few games then the PS3 scenario 1 option for sure. I copy my torrents to a RW DVD-R then play that on my PS3, but never copy anything cos I only ever watch them once. But, maybe a Media Gate with a 500GB hard drive seperate from the PS3 is an option.

hmm.. thanks man.. i see merits and otherwise in both the options.. although a PS3 sounds like the 'cool' thing to do.. i should be able to decide by the time i go to place the order tomorrow.. Go HN.. GO :):P