Sony Bravia Prices - Cash Back Now On

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tyro

What is the best price for a 46" X series from Myer in Sydney?

If someone has a receipt from Myer with a good price I would really appreciate it!

Edited by Tyro

is there a way that we can get a copy of the receipt. Myer elsewhere are quite reluctant to go close to that price. Some that I went to even claim that the price is "below cost" and the manager is silly to give such a price.

So I really need the receipt to make the purchase.

Myer Maroochydore has 5 bravia's on the floor till sold out or sunday

2 x 40 x series for 2700 before cash back and 3 x 46 x series for $3100 before cashback but the sign said only the stock they had there, so if anyone is ready to buy id say check out myer maroochydore asap till they get rid of there boxed stock in what seems to be a weekend only deal...

Iv signed up for the cash back offer, but the remaining instructions were never emailed out to me. I have only registered and entered in the detials of my purchase. Iv tried calling the hotline but some moron just says there busy and to call back another time.

any help guys!!!

Iv signed up for the cash back offer, but the remaining instructions were never emailed out to me. I have only registered and entered in the detials of my purchase. Iv tried calling the hotline but some moron just says there busy and to call back another time.

any help guys!!!

Maybe try registering the product again? I did mine twice because I entered the serial No incorrectly.

HASH

It was a while back but I seem to recall that the website at which you register (and can log back into) had a section that described what you had to do.......

Copy of serial number (photo or the tag from the box)

Certain things to be written on the back of the envelope

address to send to etc etc

Not much else I can remember as I've deleted the link given it is all over for me.

Only just started reading up on this stuff, so apologies in advance for missing something obvious.

Checked out DJ's in Burwood Westfield briefly today, and was quoted:

* 40X3100 - $2600 (down from $3399 posted price). I was told this included a 5 year warranty?

However, I mentioned something about Sony's cashback offer, and was told that it was over!? I mean... obviously not, right? Is there some reason that Bravia's from DJ's wouldn't be eligible? Just couldn't understand why they were so sure of this.

So between that, and the fact that the offer included a 5 year warranty at that price, I'm wondering if there was some confusion on their part?

Our local harvey Norman had a pretty good deal today;

Sony 52" W series - ticket price $3499 - 10% off (today only) - $300 cashback = $2850 (after discount & cashback). Not a bad price for a 52" Sony!

Andy.

Where is this at?

Also if anyone can confirm if the Sony KDL46X3100 @ $2999 Including 3 Year Warranty (Myer - Brookvale, Sydney) @ http://hdtvprices.pbwiki.com/ is before or after cash back, and if anyone has a receipt. Would love it to be $2800 after cash back!

Edited by skyline_boy001

Our local harvey Norman had a pretty good deal today;

Sony 52" W series - ticket price $3499 - 10% off (today only) - $300 cashback = $2850 (after discount & cashback). Not a bad price for a 52" Sony!

Andy.

Forgot to mention, it also includes a free Sony Home Theatre Systen valued at $1700. 10% off was yesterday only, so it's back to $3499 - $300 cashback = $3199.

It's at Harvey Norman Townsville.

Where is this at?

Also if anyone can confirm if the Sony KDL46X3100 @ $2999 Including 3 Year Warranty (Myer - Brookvale, Sydney) @ http://hdtvprices.pbwiki.com/ is before or after cash back, and if anyone has a receipt. Would love it to be $2800 after cash back!

Bump... Receipt will be greatly appreciated, I'm tossing between 46X or 52W

Would love to get 46X for 2800 or 52W for 3200, Can't justify 4000+ for 52X

I went to myer Livo, and they refuse to sell 46X for 2800, saying their cost price is 3250 (which is BS)

But he is willing to do it, if I show him the receipt.

Many thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Bought a Sony KDL46XBR last week for $3,500 - Sony Central Sydney. Myer Sydney city wouldn't go below $3,600.

Is that with an extended warranty or something? I thought Myer were giving good prices out for these sets? That seems fairly high.

---EDIT--- sorry didn't realise it was the XBR, which is consistantly another +300 over the "X", so that price is about right i guess, if a little high.

Hmm, I don't get it, it seems some places just won't budge from the high prices being asked for the 46X. Dick Smiths Powerhouse yesterday gave me a best price of 3549 for the 46X (not XBR) including free delivery & installation (valued at about 150...i don't particularly need free del. or install). That was basically their marked price. In my pocket i had a copy of a receipt from a Dick Smiths that sold the same tv 6 months ago for $3100...are they going up in value? :huh:

Is that with an extended warranty or something? I thought Myer were giving good prices out for these sets? That seems fairly high.

---EDIT--- sorry didn't realise it was the XBR, which is consistantly another +300 over the "X", so that price is about right i guess, if a little high.

Hmm, I don't get it, it seems some places just won't budge from the high prices being asked for the 46X. Dick Smiths Powerhouse yesterday gave me a best price of 3549 for the 46X (not XBR) including free delivery & installation (valued at about 150...i don't particularly need free del. or install). That was basically their marked price. In my pocket i had a copy of a receipt from a Dick Smiths that sold the same tv 6 months ago for $3100...are they going up in value? :huh:

In regards to DSE Powerhouse, I went there before going to Myer...without showing him anything, he would do the X 46in for 3245....this was Chatswood and he was the manager though....

In regards to DSE Powerhouse, I went there before going to Myer...without showing him anything, he would do the X 46in for 3245....this was Chatswood and he was the manager though....

Same store Kirk, tho i'm fairly sure i wasn't talking to the manager. He was a nice bloke, but just wouldn't deal. So i guess if you don't get a good price do you just ask to talk to the manager?

In regards to the receipt i had, i didn't actually show the salesman as i wanted to see what price he would do for me off-the-bat but knowing i can get it cheaper elsewhere (JB for instance) i didn't bother with play the receipt game. Next time perhaps.