Sony Bravia Prices - Cash Back Now On

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ordered a 46x from JB Heidelberg at $3598 Incl delivery, surge protector and 3 yr warranty. Cameraworld are offering the bare 46x at $3379 incl delivery. Was quoted $2900 for 40x + deal on accessories.....

jp

Edited by JP928

Guest Dave31

Sony Central offered the 52 XBR + 5 year Sony warranty + "bonus" entertainment unit for $5900

They were unable to match $5061 for the bare 52"XBR AND include the bonus entertainment unit

I'm having real troubles trying to apply for the cash back offer. I bought an KDL46XBR. The model comes up selected at the website. I type in all my details and then it spits back that I have to enter a valid model number. Anybody else having this problem?

I'm having real troubles trying to apply for the cash back offer. I bought an KDL46XBR. The model comes up selected at the website. I type in all my details and then it spits back that I have to enter a valid model number. Anybody else having this problem?

Same problem here. I bought a KDL32V for the grandparents. I cant get past the 'enter your model number and click search product' step - no matter what sony bravia model I enter, everything is invalid. Including their example text, KDL46X3100. Tried multiple browsers, yada yada. Sloppy web dev sony, fix your bugs!

Same problem here. I bought a KDL32V for the grandparents. I cant get past the 'enter your model number and click search product' step - no matter what sony bravia model I enter, everything is invalid. Including their example text, KDL46X3100. Tried multiple browsers, yada yada. Sloppy web dev sony, fix your bugs!
i had to call up the sony help line (it's somewhere on the cashback flyer) and got someone to put in my details at their end. its all done now :)

Bought a KDL46X yesterday for a flat $3000.

After the cashback that'll be just $2800.

I can't believe it cost me so little.

Now just waiting for the cheque.

Gee, that sounds like a great deal. Where did you purchase it from? Are they in stock?

Cheers.

Was in stock at JB Hi-fi Kotara. There are actually 2 JB's in Kotara - I bought it from the one in Westfield, they were begrudgingly price-matching the other Kotara JB Hi-fi down the road, but due to a mis-communication when they phoned up to check, they sold me the set for $3000 (before cashback) instead of $3100 which was actually the best price I had managed to pummel the other store down to.

So yeah, I got lucky.

Cheapest quote I got for the KDL40W3100 on its own was $2150 at HN. Since then got it for $2300 at a different HN but with 5 years warranty. Probably helps as I just bought a 32-inch Samsung a few weeks ago at the second store.

Anyone bought a W series lately? I'm looking at a KDL40W3100 and interested in great deals in Sydney.

I bought one on the weekend. $2149, no extended warranty, no delivery (took it home myself). From Rick Hart Claremont. With two ankle-biters taking my time, I didn't bother to pound the pavement getting quotes and squeezing for the best deal. I just knew from following prices here that 20% or more off RRP (which is $2699 for this TV) is around the mark for any of the Bravias. So I just went in and said that $2149 was what I was prepared to pay, end of story.

I'm sure people can do better if they put in the hard yards. But with the $150 cashback taking it to $1999, I was happy enough to close the deal.

Was in stock at JB Hi-fi Kotara. There are actually 2 JB's in Kotara - I bought it from the one in Westfield, they were begrudgingly price-matching the other Kotara JB Hi-fi down the road, but due to a mis-communication when they phoned up to check, they sold me the set for $3000 (before cashback) instead of $3100 which was actually the best price I had managed to pummel the other store down to.

So yeah, I got lucky.

Same deal as mine. I bought mine two weeks ago at JB Bundall (Gold Coast). Here is the receipt:JB Receipt

Now that the Samsung Full HD (N8 and M8) models are down below the $1,700 mark, I wonder if the Sony BRAVIA prices will move too. I am about to pick up a 40W3100 on the weekend, but the Samsung prices are really tempting.

Same deal as mine. I bought mine two weeks ago at JB Bundall (Gold Coast). Here is the receipt:JB Receipt

Would you have got the same price without the PS3 bought at the same time?

This is why I'm not a fan of best price threads. The more you buy the cheaper you get. Most just say I paid $x but it is pretty meaningless if it was part of a larger purchase which is always disclosed.

(not picking on you corrado, just a general gripe of mine)

Would you have got the same price without the PS3 bought at the same time?

This is why I'm not a fan of best price threads. The more you buy the cheaper you get. Most just say I paid $x but it is pretty meaningless if it was part of a larger purchase which is always disclosed.

(not picking on you corrado, just a general gripe of mine)

Thanks corrado!! Armed with a copy of your receipt DSE Woden (ACT) price matched your figure. Happily walked away with a KDL46X3100 for $2999 (even less after the cashback is processed).

momaw - have a bit more faith; I didn't buy extra's with this panel, these style threads are gold for potential buyers.

Thanks corrado!! Armed with a copy of your receipt DSE Woden (ACT) price matched your figure. Happily walked away with a KDL46X3100 for $2999 (even less after the cashback is processed).

momaw - have a bit more faith; I didn't buy extra's with this panel, these style threads are gold for potential buyers.

Pleasure mate, I totally agree with you regarding the benefits of these threads. I would have forked out a few hundred dollars more without them

Momaw- Yes, I could have got the the TV by itself for $3000, but $689 for the PS3 GT5P bundle was a pretty good deal on the Gold Coast as well.

hi javiba ..

i am in canberra region too, so your receipt copy will help me too much.. i would really appriciate if you can send me copy of your receipt. You did a wonderful trade :) my adress is bilo128atyahoo.com

Thanks by now

new X series which is coded x5050 will be releasing this may. link is below , i ğuess this japanese sony page explains why the cash back is on Austrlia and what models they will sell in au for euro 2008 and olympics.. 120 hz and new F1 series , is there anybody there know japanese :))

http://www.ecat.sony.co.jp/bravia/products...fm?Series=x5050

http://www.ecat.sony.co.jp/bravia/products...s.cfm?Series=f1

2007 lineup was the last year to buy LCD's and Plasmas when manufacturers paid attention to extreme quality and premium pricing. This reflected in very well designed and manufactured products, best quality internal electronics, etc.

The 2008 series from manufacturers will have to be built down to price because instead of paying $4200 for a 46inch LCD TV we now expect to pay $3000 or less and build quality and internal electronics will have to be designed to that price scale. Hell some manufacturers cannot even break even and are leaving some markets due to low priced manufacturers.

I seriously think gimmicks are what 2008 and onwards models will have to sell as new fresh updates, like wireless transmissions, internal Ipod players, etc. The actual build and picture quality will stay static or maybe even lower as parts sharing becomes even more apparent. Brands like Kuro that don't do part sharing to the same scale as other manufacturers will probably be better in 2008 models as it will still be priced as a premium model about the same prices as 2007 models so they can still use premium electronics, etc but other mainstream manufacturers are expected to price their models now close to $1000 less.

I think maybe the 46inch X series Sony will have to be made in a Chinese factory instead of Japan but it may have a wireless Ipod Player and bluetooth to sync your err phone to or some gimmick like that.

Edited by dreamscene