Sign in to follow this  
biot

Planet Earth : How Many Are Still Chasing One ?

My girlfriend just grabbed one from JB Hifi Highpoint (indoor store) for $19.98 and said there was a few behind the counter.

Dude, thank you so much! Because of your post, I believed that JB Hifi must've gotten a new shipment in or something. I called three JB Hifi's close to me and be it fate, the last store managed to find a copy. I braved the peakhour traffic and rushed to it in time before close and now I have it. Thanks once again man, to you, your girlfriend and to Nick + the register chick at JB Hifi Macgregor, QLD.

I have a copy which I recieved from the US a few months ago (Paid $80), and am happy to let it go for $40 including express post.

I'm really tempeted to get this from eBay but can somebody tell me if thats my only option left for now. I know that amazon.com is selling US version for $45 but its only 4 dics set. So is it worth paying $60-65 on eBay for AUS one? Or are there any more chances of some sales for around $30? Did they just clear their iventory for good or can we expect them to get some more?

I have a copy which I recieved from the US a few months ago (Paid $80), and am happy to let it go for $40 including express post.

i could be interested in this. what's the difference with the US and BBC versions? Apparently the BBC is the one to get. :unsure:

Borders @ Knox had one behind the counter as at 10.30 this morning for $29.95

one reason I don't like living in the Far North. :(

Apart from that...perfect. :D

I'm really tempeted to get this from eBay but can somebody tell me if thats my only option left for now. I know that amazon.com is selling US version for $45 but its only 4 dics set. So is it worth paying $60-65 on eBay for AUS one? Or are there any more chances of some sales for around $30? Did they just clear their iventory for good or can we expect them to get some more?
i could be interested in this. what's the difference with the US and BBC versions? Apparently the BBC is the one to get. :unsure:

This is what I posted in that "other" high def format forum:

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?s=&...t&p=1001625

Target at Fountain Gate has three copies of Planet Earth on Blu Ray in the display unit.

Price is $84.99 but you get 15% off.

Borders @ Knox had one behind the counter as at 10.30 this morning for $29.95

Not any more. Said their sold out.

Also checked at ABC shop in Ringwood. They have some but have been told by head office not to sell below cost.

Also ordered ST:S1 for 99 from EZYdvd. Checked at JB Ringwood, wouldn't price match even though they saw the price on ezydvd website. Would have picked it up right then but wouldn't match price.

Guys, it's been repeated about a zillion times in these forums.

There are two US versions. The BBC one (Amazon) and the Discover Channel one. The difference is in who narrates it.

The difference between the US BBC and Australian BBC is that the Aus. version has 2 extra episodes of leopards. Nothing to get your panties wet over, so I'd say if you can't find anything locally, the $44 Amazon copy is EXCELLENT!

Trust me, you won't miss the extra disc we get in Australia.

Plenty seem to be appearing on ebay... so I think that seems like a good place to get one short term. I'm bidding on a couple now, hoping to pay about $50.

Plenty seem to be appearing on ebay... so I think that seems like a good place to get one short term. I'm bidding on a couple now, hoping to pay about $50.

I have a brand new OZ copy willing to swap for matrix trilogy in good condition. ;)

Cheers

Struggo

The difference between the US BBC and Australian BBC is that the Aus. version has 2 extra episodes of leopards. Nothing to get your panties wet over, so I'd say if you can't find anything locally, the $44 Amazon copy is EXCELLENT!

Trust me, you won't miss the extra disc we get in Australia.

Amazon is BBC4 disc version, Australia had BBC 5 disc version, and rest of the US has Discovery 4 disc version (at 1080i).

Am I right?

Amazon is BBC4 disc version, Australia had BBC 5 disc version, and rest of the US has Discovery 4 disc version (at 1080i).

Am I right?

Yes, that is what I understand also. So as long as the one you get from the US is listed as being "BBC", you should be fine.

I have a brand new OZ copy willing to swap for matrix trilogy in good condition. ;)

Cheers

Struggo

how much if I wanted to buy? I'll take it at the EzyDVD sale price. :D :ph34r:

There are two US versions. The BBC one (Amazon) and the Discover Channel one. The difference is in who narrates it.

I have the 4 disc Amazon set with DA narrating - it runs for 550mins. I saw the 5 disc Aus version in Dymocks fro $99 today and it runs for 655mins, that's nearly 2hrs longer, I'm wondering if it actually has more than a few leopards extra as the BBC TV series had a 15min 'behind the scenes' segemnt after each episode that showed some very interesting detail on how the episode was made.

If that content is included in the 5 disc version then it might be worth having, although the $99 cost is a touch unrealistic....

how much if I wanted to buy? I'll take it at the EzyDVD sale price. :D :ph34r:

Thanks but :P

Am I right?

Yes..and the Discovery Channel version Ive read somewhere has obvious fadeouts whenever they went to the ad breaks

Aus (and UK) versions have a couple of episodes of a different BBC documentary Natural World on the 5th disc and is nothing to really crow about

NONE of the HD or Blu Ray versions include "Making Of PE" which is only on the SD DVD version

confused ?