Wich Dtv Card?

I'm new to this Digital TV thing. I only saw my first digital set top box last Christmas.

Anyway, Im not sure which card is best. Either the DNTV Live! Dual Hybrid PCI-Express S2 or the WinFast PxDVR3200 H.

I'm after quality and performance over price and am leaning WinFast PxDVR3200 H for its features.

Which card would be better? and are there any faults or things that I should know before taking the plunge into the DTV world?

I'm around 30km as the crow flies from the MT Goonaneman tower in QLD, is there anything I should know in that department as well?

Thanks in advance for any help.

grayatrox

I was going to edit my last post but couldnt find the edit button..

Anyway what is a good website to get the gear from? I'm out in the country and dont really have access to any large cities unless I want to drive an hour or more.

Edit: Yet I'm able to edit this post :S

Edited by grayatrox

For online stores I always start with StaticIce - then when I've found a store with a decent price, I check the hardware forums at Whirlpool to see what people think of the store.

I've recently bought a couple of items from BetterIT and was very happy with both the price & speed of delivery.

If you're buying a tuner card for Windows Media Centre (XP or Vista), browse the posts here but also make sure you read the tuners forums at XPMediaCentre.com.au for some alternate views.

I use both XP and Vista for different reasons, so if there is a compatibilty issue with one OS, I can always use it on the other.

Thanks for the websites, I dont really shop online, so its quite scary giving my card details to an unkown website.

Thanks for the advice

grayatrox

I'm new to this Digital TV thing. I only saw my first digital set top box last Christmas.

Anyway, Im not sure which card is best. Either the DNTV Live! Dual Hybrid PCI-Express S2 or the WinFast PxDVR3200 H.

I'm after quality and performance over price and am leaning WinFast PxDVR3200 H for its features.

Which card would be better? and are there any faults or things that I should know before taking the plunge into the DTV world?

I'm around 30km as the crow flies from the MT Goonaneman tower in QLD, is there anything I should know in that department as well?

Thanks in advance for any help.

grayatrox

I have WinFast PxDVR3200 H good card. :)

Thanks for the websites, I dont really shop online, so its quite scary giving my card details to an unkown website.

Most of the online stores charge a couple of percent extra for using a credit card, but they generally also accept direct deposit and/or BPay and don't charge any extra for those. So you don't have to give them your card details if you're worried and you'll save a few bucks at the same time.

Hi Everyone,

Can you please help me out ?

I'm currently running Win XP without Media Centre with a single tuner card and Powercinema.

I'm unable to obtain an AC3 signal for TV, but I believe this is due to Powercinema being OEM.

Firstly, what sort of software are you using that will handle dual TV Tuners that will provide AC3 output.

I don't really want to upgrade to Media Centre if it can be avoided. I also want to stay away from Vista - it's a memory hog.

My PC is hooked up to a Yamaha 3800 receiver to do the audio processing.

I would also like to add replace the tuner card so I have dual TV tuners.

I'm trying to do this for the least amount of dollars.

Many thanks,

Jaudio

Hi Everyone,

Can you please help me out ?

I'm currently running Win XP without Media Centre with a single tuner card and Powercinema.

I'm unable to obtain an AC3 signal for TV, but I believe this is due to Powercinema being OEM.

Firstly, what sort of software are you using that will handle dual TV Tuners that will provide AC3 output.

I don't really want to upgrade to Media Centre if it can be avoided. I also want to stay away from Vista - it's a memory hog.

My PC is hooked up to a Yamaha 3800 receiver to do the audio processing.

Many thanks,

Jaudio

Get yourself a Digitalnow Tinytwin http://www.digitalnow.com.au/index.html, it comes with DNTV Live! that will let you view two channels at the same time, with AC3 and all.

My preferred software is DVBViewer, that does it all but cost is Euro 15.

The next best in my experience is DNTV Live but you must have a DigitalNow card.

Another vote for the Tiny Twin USB tuner from DigitalNow. I think DNTV Live is bundled with it.

Well I got my card today (the Winfast) and I'm unable to get dtv, even though I was told by the person that fixed our antenna up a few months ago that we could. It may not be the antenna or the card, it could just be me, not being able to understand how to use the software properly. I'm not even able to relieve the EPG.

I am happy with the analogue reception and functions on the card. I'm yet to try it in vista.

I'm unsure if anyone will be able to help me with my problem but thanks if you can.

grayatrox

P.S The software was Winfast's PVR2

Edit: I've installed the dtv card in vista and I now receive the HD channels, it doesnt seem to work in MCE but I tried that before I got it working in PVR2

This is my first real time watching HDTV and I think I've fallen in love with it. All I have to do is get a decent quality projector, paint a wall white, and get surround sound and my home theater is good to go :D

Edited by grayatrox