Sign in to follow this  
In Exile

Reliability Of Online Orders?

I would also like to say I appreciate the service from HidefOz. They sent me an email about not being able to get stock of two titles I had ordered (300 & F&F3) and would I like the rest sent. I sent off my reply and got a quick response. Very impressed. :D

Totally. Kudos to them for taking their time to reply. And it seems like they actually manually replied to each person.

Good work guys!

We have hardly slept in the past 2 weeks.... but don't worry we are coping! :)

For those wanting to know, we should have all orders updated by tomorrow.

someone once told me there is plenty of time to sleep when you are dead :) hehehehehe

someone once told me there is plenty of time to sleep when you are dead :) hehehehehe

Done. Man I still don't have a copy.

It was my first time using most of the online stores as I picked up my XE1 after the price drop to the $599 mark and built my HD disc collection in the fire sales buying over 60 tiltes.

Dstore were great - supplying around a dozen titles inside a week.

Amazon posted quickly (2days) due in next Friday 14th

Deepdiscount was a first time purchase - 4 titles due to ship on 3/3

3 have been sent and all on seperate days so far so I'm a little concerned.

Like the odds of one parcel on time rather than four seperate. At least only one postage charge

Just got my order from Hi-Def Oz.

Two of the cases were broken with the discs rattling inside. :(

The package was too small for the 4 cases inside. Ah well, guess I can just superglue it back.

My experiences so far:

Amazon: Very reliable. Apart from high shipping prices, everything else is great with them.

dstore: Have ordered quite a few times from them recently due to their numerous vouchers. Got all 13 titles I ordered during the fire sale, although they sent them in 6 different packages. They are a bit slow in shipping and answering customer questions through email, but I've never had any real problem with them (other than their listed prices being far too high, but the vouchers and flat fee shipping is good).

EzyDVD: My preferred online store for DVDs for many years. Never had a problem with them in the 30 to 50 orders I've made with them over the years. Obviously none of the orders made in the fire sale has shipped, but I'm not too worried and will be ordering more titles from them when they start the big sale. Shipping is easily the cheapest of all online stores (mostly free).

Playbox: My first order with them, 4 titles in the fire sale that dstore ran out. Did ship only 2 days ago and haven't received the package yet, but I believe them when they say they have been under a lot of pressure lately due to their office move plus the unprecedented number of orders.

DVDCrave: Also first time order with 4 titles with them in the fire sale (Paramount titles), and just checked and all 4 have been allocated and the order is ready to ship.

DVD Pacific: Again first time order, with again 4 more titles with them (US Universal titles), very reasonable shipping rates compared to Amazon. Other than this, I don't have much experience with them other than from what I've read here (which is mostly positive).

JB Online: Have ordered from them twice in the past before, no problems with them. Just ordered Planet Earth, and it will be interesting to see if I can get my copy.

My experiences

DSTORE - Very fast delivery (if they have the stock) I usually get it within 4 days of order. Reg post require signature.

Deepdisount - 1st time 1 order. shipped about 2 weeks ago in 2 different packages, still haven't got it yet. *cross fingers for next week* Please don't let me down.. I don't want to lose 60 bucks

Playbox - 1st time 3 orders, 1st order placed when all this fire sale started. 2nd order shipped this week, haven't got it yet. 1st order still paid status not sure if its partially shipped (even though i paid extra for partial shipping). Sent an email 3 days ago, no reply...

JBhifi - 1st time planet eart, couldn't say no. 1 of the few last orders taken.. hopefully they have stock for me.

Yeah DVDCrave just allocated all my Paramount titles, except the one I *really* want "Mission Impossible Collection" let's hope it still turns up.

DVDOrchard, ordered 8 titles last week and got them within 48 hours.

DVDCrave just got my last two and finalised the order. Which means that after this mornings over zealous buying I now have a spare copy of transformers! (or will have when this one arrives)

Just got my order from Hi-Def Oz.

Two of the cases were broken with the discs rattling inside. :(

The package was too small for the 4 cases inside. Ah well, guess I can just superglue it back.

Hey Chipmunk,

If you do have any issues, you can always contact us... your feedback is welcome so we can help improve our service.

Regards

HDOZ

Edited by hdoz

Hey Chipmunk,

If you do have any issues, you can always contact us... your feedback is welcome so we can help improve our service.

Regards

HDOZ

Guys, just to recap. The service from Hi-Def Oz was excellent in terms of updates, reliability, etc. I recommend these guys for sure.

I think the misshap happened while it was shipped.

My experiences so far:

Amazon: Very reliable. Apart from high shipping prices, everything else is great with them.

dstore: Have ordered quite a few times from them recently due to their numerous vouchers. Got all 13 titles I ordered during the fire sale, although they sent them in 6 different packages. They are a bit slow in shipping and answering customer questions through email, but I've never had any real problem with them (other than their listed prices being far too high, but the vouchers and flat fee shipping is good).

EzyDVD: My preferred online store for DVDs for many years. Never had a problem with them in the 30 to 50 orders I've made with them over the years. Obviously none of the orders made in the fire sale has shipped, but I'm not too worried and will be ordering more titles from them when they start the big sale. Shipping is easily the cheapest of all online stores (mostly free).

Playbox: My first order with them, 4 titles in the fire sale that dstore ran out. Did ship only 2 days ago and haven't received the package yet, but I believe them when they say they have been under a lot of pressure lately due to their office move plus the unprecedented number of orders.

DVDCrave: Also first time order with 4 titles with them in the fire sale (Paramount titles), and just checked and all 4 have been allocated and the order is ready to ship.

DVD Pacific: Again first time order, with again 4 more titles with them (US Universal titles), very reasonable shipping rates compared to Amazon. Other than this, I don't have much experience with them other than from what I've read here (which is mostly positive).

JB Online: Have ordered from them twice in the past before, no problems with them. Just ordered Planet Earth, and it will be interesting to see if I can get my copy.

I would like to revise what I wrote:

DVDCrave: DVDCrave: Also first time order with 4 titles with them in the fire sale (Paramount titles), and just checked and all 4 have been allocated and the order is ready to ship has shipped.

JB Online: Have ordered from them twice in the past before, no problems with them. Just ordered Planet Earth, and it will be interesting to see if I can get my copy. and I did not get my copy, and apparently most people didn't either. Seemed like either some of the earlier orders were for 500 copies, or that they only had a few copies in stock. Don't think I'll buy anything from them again.

JB Online: Have ordered from them twice in the past before, no problems with them. Just ordered Planet Earth, and it will be interesting to see if I can get my copy. and I did not get my copy, and apparently most people didn't either. Seemed like either some of the earlier orders were for 500 copies, or that they only had a few copies in stock. Don't think I'll buy anything from them again.

How did you find that out? My order has:

ITEMS ON THIS ORDER:

Planet Earth (Complete Series) (HD DVD Set)

ARTIST HD

TITLE Planet Earth (Complete Series) (HD DVD Set)

MEDIA HD

QUANTITY 1

PRICE (EACH) AU$ 17.98

AVAILABILITY In stock. Last updated 2:15 am

STATUS Item ordered by supplier - awaiting arrival

By rights it should ship, but i'm not very confident that it willl

I got an email from them. Pretty much every order after order #727610 (or after 11:15pm last night) has been cancelled

Edited by HTPCFreak

I would like to revise what I wrote:

DVDCrave: DVDCrave: Also first time order with 4 titles with them in the fire sale (Paramount titles), and just checked and all 4 have been allocated and the order is ready to ship has shipped.

Yep.. If I don't get a copy.. then I'm not buying from jb-online anymore... currently showing ordered.

I got an email from them. Pretty much every order after order #727610 (or after 11:15pm last night) has been cancelled

The rules me out, i ordered mine this morning. :angry2:

so i was 727638....shouldnt have looked through the rest of the website seeing what other titles they had going.....never the less, how does it take a company 12+ hours to figure out they dont have enough stock - amazing.... must be ex-Toshiba managers working there.

Edited by biot

It was my first time using most of the online stores as I picked up my XE1 after the price drop to the $599 mark and built my HD disc collection in the fire sales buying over 60 tiltes.

Dstore were great - supplying around a dozen titles inside a week.

Amazon posted quickly (2days) due in next Friday 14th

Deepdiscount was a first time purchase - 4 titles due to ship on 3/3

3 have been sent and all on seperate days so far so I'm a little concerned.

Like the odds of one parcel on time rather than four seperate. At least only one postage charge

UPDATE

Just received notification from DVDCrave - order sent

My experiences

DSTORE - Very fast delivery (if they have the stock) I usually get it within 4 days of order. Reg post require signature.

Deepdisount - 1st time 1 order. shipped about 2 weeks ago in 2 different packages, still haven't got it yet. *cross fingers for next week* Please don't let me down.. I don't want to lose 60 bucks

Playbox - 1st time 3 orders, 1st order placed when all this fire sale started. 2nd order shipped this week, haven't got it yet. 1st order still paid status not sure if its partially shipped (even though i paid extra for partial shipping). Sent an email 3 days ago, no reply...

JBhifi - 1st time planet eart, couldn't say no. 1 of the few last orders taken.. hopefully they have stock for me.

Update.. Received 1st shipment from deepdiscount.. left outside my house.. not very secure.. but can't help it there.