Rio Is Now Clearing Hd-dvd Machines

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now im peeved. I wanted an XE-1 to start with and JB watergardens said they werent allowed to sell me one so bought the EP-10. Guess I cant take it back now :(

Noticed in your sig that you have the 32 LCD and projector .... are they in the same room? I only ask because if they're not, that is reason enough to jump on an XE1!

I treat the EP10 as a bargain. One of the best value DVD players around that plays HD DVD's extremely well! The XE1 could be used with the PJ and the EP10 for the LCD. These recent weeks have cost a lot of members here a lot of money but I really can't see a DVD player with the Reon for $340 anytime soon! :D

Yeah my LCD and projector in same room so only the need for one player. Although a back EP-10 could be alright :P

Man i've absolutely shot myself in the foot with the amount of money i've spent lately lol. I seriously been eating 2 min noodles and bakes beans until i paid to make it through the week haha

Man i've absolutely shot myself in the foot with the amount of money i've spent lately lol. I seriously been eating 2 min noodles and bakes beans until i paid to make it through the week haha

I feel ya there man. It all started a week ago when we purchased our crt tv replacement in our bedroom. Went for an elcheapo Soniq plasma 32", which aint too bad at all. Quite happy with it for the price we paid for.

- Then the Bluray player to test out HDMI.

- Then the news about HD DVD being canned, and the price drops!

- Xbox HD DVD came

- Now the XE-1 has been ordered.

Still to be considered is the urge to collect media again. Went through this years ago with DVDs. Hopefully we'll be smarter this time around and just collect what we really want.

Future plans include a Kuro and an amp with HDMI capabilities / upscaling from non HDMI sources. By that time Fox HD should be around ... I got to stop!

I feel ya there man. It all started a week ago when we purchased our crt tv replacement in our bedroom. Went for an elcheapo Soniq plasma 32", which aint too bad at all. Quite happy with it for the price we paid for.

- Then the Bluray player to test out HDMI.

- Then the news about HD DVD being canned, and the price drops!

- Xbox HD DVD came

- Now the XE-1 has been ordered.

Still to be considered is the urge to collect media again. Went through this years ago with DVDs. Hopefully we'll be smarter this time around and just collect what we really want.

Future plans include a Kuro and an amp with HDMI capabilities / upscaling from non HDMI sources. By that time Fox HD should be around ... I got to stop!

Just some heads up about Pioneer, apparently Pioneer is pulling out of plasma?? This has been confirmed by a very reliable source....

Honestly just wait and look for the new generation of LCD Panels comming in June, I know I am.

Cheers :)

Just some heads up about Pioneer, apparently Pioneer is pulling out of plasma?? This has been confirmed by a very reliable source....

Honestly just wait and look for the new generation of LCD Panels comming in June, I know I am.

Yeah heard about that too. Sold the division to Panasonic from what I gathered. Will Kuros go down in price then???

Edited by ESM

• Volunteer
Why do people insist on trolling ?

I mean seriously, how can you possibly ask that question ?

That's right, I myself have just bought a second one. :D

Rio--great people, bought my gear from them--will deal with them in the future--BUT, why would anyone buy a HD DVD player?

Cheers, GTO.

As a spare! :rolleyes:

Just in case the original decides to fall over.......... Want something to play my movies!

Rio’s expecting the XE-1 stock to arrive today right? Too early to call them but hope they get them per schedule … and ship them out right away.

Hey Guys, been in this morning to pick up my XE-1, and got it. But just to give you heads up for any one who has bought one and waiting, just wait, from what I gather from Ange at RIO, is that they only got in a couple from Toshiba, and they are still waiting for the others to arrive.

Word is apparently Toshiba is colating all XE-1's from other retailers around australia, and won't be releasing anymore machines until that has been compiled. RIO has been assured that it will supply all HD XE-1's to clients who have a deposit, NO Problem.. However the expected shipment won't be in until a week or two.

The Good news is RIO has been offered more XE-1's, but until they can get a definate qty, they will not release anything.

Hang IN there as I can tell you being my second XE-1 this system rocks!! Who needs Blu-ray?

Cheers. :)

Hey Guys, been in this morning to pick up my XE-1, and got it. But just to give you heads up for any one who has bought one and waiting, just wait, from what I gather from Ange at RIO, is that they only got in a couple from Toshiba, and they are still waiting for the others to arrive.

Word is apparently Toshiba is colating all XE-1's from other retailers around australia, and won't be releasing anymore machines until that has been compiled. RIO has been assured that it will supply all HD XE-1's to clients who have a deposit, NO Problem.. However the expected shipment won't be in until a week or two.

The Good news is RIO has been offered more XE-1's, but until they can get a definate qty, they will not release anything.

Hang IN there as I can tell you being my second XE-1 this system rocks!! Who needs Blu-ray?

Cheers. :)

DFOUR, When I paid my deposit on Tuesday, they said they were definitely getting the stock in by Friday. However I rang yesterday, they weren't sure when they were getting their stock. When did you order to be able to get yours?

DFOUR, When I paid my deposit on Tuesday, they said they were definitely getting the stock in by Friday. However I rang yesterday, they weren't sure when they were getting their stock. When did you order to be able to get yours?

Honestly, about 2 1/2 weeks ago, RIO had them on order since mid february, Toshiba had none in stock since start of Jan. So Toshy received them before end of feb, and then all this stuff happened with HD DVD, so Toshy thought well we'll hold back and see what happens from this...

Low and behold according to RIO the response for HD DVD has been overwhelming.

I wouldn't stress cause these guys don't stuff people around, they have been renowned for this, if they say their getting them, they are. The news about more XE-1's was told to me quitely, so they know something that everyone doesn't, or they just get first preference?? Who know's

Mate I can tell you they were flat stick this morning, and I reckon I saw atleast 7 or 8 Toshy LCD Panels walking out in a space of 15mins, they are from what I gather a huge player for Toshiba. So if they say you are getting one then you will.

They just want to please people and get the repeat business... I know, cause I have been buying my gear for a few years now, and so far so good.

Hang in there cause you won't get them again ! And you won't be dissapointed !!

Honestly, about 2 1/2 weeks ago, RIO had them on order since mid february, Toshiba had none in stock since start of Jan. So Toshy received them before end of feb, and then all this stuff happened with HD DVD, so Toshy thought well we'll hold back and see what happens from this...

Low and behold according to RIO the response for HD DVD has been overwhelming.

I wouldn't stress cause these guys don't stuff people around, they have been renowned for this, if they say their getting them, they are. The news about more XE-1's was told to me quitely, so they know something that everyone doesn't, or they just get first preference?? Who know's

Mate I can tell you they were flat stick this morning, and I reckon I saw atleast 7 or 8 Toshy LCD Panels walking out in a space of 15mins, they are from what I gather a huge player for Toshiba. So if they say you are getting one then you will.

They just want to please people and get the repeat business... I know, cause I have been buying my gear for a few years now, and so far so good.

Hang in there cause you won't get them again ! And you won't be dissapointed !!

Fingers crossed. I stopped looking for an XE1 nearly a week ago because they were getting stock. :)

I'll vouch for this as i've spenta bit of money with the guys down there in Thornbury, and they've never stuffed me around. I bought an EP10 this morning for $145, and the guys were saying that they're spewing about XE1's cos they have a fair few to ship out. I been dealing with these guys for about 4 years now, buying little and big products, and never been disappointed. Cheers.