After Cheap Planet Earth Hd-dvd

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just spoke with them as i have ordered another item that is 3 weeks away. PE is only coming into stock today at the earliest, the guy mentioned the massive number of OS orders and said they had just had a discussion regarding fufilling Australian orders 1st (Yea) btw they are based in NZ. So i would imagine stocks will start to flow out straight away.

I'd like to know tho... if he has bought 20? copies of them, how is he going to arrange with JB to post to addresses all over the world? That would be a nightmare for JB to do..

lol

hope they cancel his order :P

My guess is he has it shipped to someone he knows in AU and they ship it for him. That is of course if thats how he's done it. Ebay does not seem to indicate when it was listed.

Where is JB's Australian spirit? I buy most of my stuff from there because I like to support local stores. Now they're selling 30 copies to some guy overseas and living us Aussies dry.

So much for wanting to support them when they don't support us in return. Grrrr... :angry2:

they do have the ability not to process his order or to give it low priority - the ebay person is taking a big risk pre-selling something he doesnt have.

What happens to the ebayer if JB hi fi had no auto remove on Planet Earth and only removed it first thing when staff came in and they actually only had 100 copies to begin with. Some angry buyers then when he can't complete the order.

What happens to the ebayer if JB hi fi had no auto remove on Planet Earth and only removed it first thing when staff came in and they actually only had 100 copies to begin with. Some angry buyers then when he can't complete the order.

I'm not sure which eBay guy you people are referring to.

The previous link someone posted is to the US version of Planet Earth (4 discs). Our version sold locally at JB is different.

• Volunteer

Just checked on my order. (727650)

ITEMS ON THIS ORDER:

Planet Earth (Complete Series) (HD DVD Set)

ARTIST HD

TITLE Planet Earth (Complete Series) (HD DVD Set)

MEDIA HD

QUANTITY 1

PRICE (EACH) AU$ 17.98

AVAILABILITY In stock. Last updated 2:15 am

STATUS Item ordered from supplier - awaiting arrival

I'm not sure which eBay guy you people are referring to.

The previous link someone posted is to the US version of Planet Earth (4 discs). Our version sold locally at JB is different.

@$%R%!

What an awesome deal. I'm kicking myself for not checking here last night.

Once again, @%$%!

Would be great if JB fulfilled orders with this priority:

(1) 1 x AU based orders

(2) 2 x AU based orders*

(3) 1 x foreign based orders

(3) 2+ AU based orders

(4) 1+ foreign based orders

* - Appreciate that some people may have been picking up an extra copy for a friend.

They have no reason to do this. An order is an order to them, no matter where it comes from.

Even though I have 1 of the early orders if they fill out any of those ebay vulture orders before any single order Australians it would make me very angry.

let em know just that. If we all tell them that we support there decision to supply the Australian/NZ private orders 1st (dont forget the NZ bit as thats were they are) we will be more inclinded to use there "excellent" online order system again! It wont be hard for them to source out the vultures, anybody ordering more than say 3! (i only ordered1)

let em know just that. If we all tell them that we support there decision to supply the Australian/NZ private orders 1st (dont forget the NZ bit as thats were they are) we will be more inclinded to use there "excellent" online order system again! It wont be hard for them to source out the vultures, anybody ordering more than say 3! (i only ordered1)

Do they have an official email address? I'm going to write them my two cents worth and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Order No: 730261

Order Date/Time: Mar 7 2008 10:53AM

The following items are currently being processed

-----------------------------------------------------

ORDERED ITEMS

Artist: HD

Title: Planet Earth (Complete Series) (HD DVD Set)

Description: Movie - HD

Quantity : 1

Unit Price:$17.98

Availability: In stock. Last updated 2:15 am

Although who knows what 2:15AM really means...

Oh.. thought I was the last one.. beat your order by 30 something

Detail for Order 730228

They have no reason to do this. An order is an order to them, no matter where it comes from.

Obviously. I did say it would be great, not that it was actually going to happen. :(

It's blatantly obvious that any order greater than 2 has been made for some sort of profit. If* I was running things at JB I'd be keen to get the set to people who have bought it for themselves, and not for profiteering purposes.

* - I'm not, just in case you think I am. :P