Benthx - Rest In Peace

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Volunteer

Thank you Megan for sharing this with us, I'm sure it must have been quite difficult to retype this for us.

I know I had to stop reading several times and reach for a tissue.

Please know all our thoughts are with you all.

Thank you Megan, that was very nice of you to do that for us.

FWIW, a friend of mine also chose a similar path to Ben when she was ready. She made her peace with those that mattered to her and also offered an apology to those that couldn't accept it. But I don't think there was anybody who saw her suffering that could hold anything against her.

Anyway, I wish you and your family all the best.

Hello again guys it's Mrs benthx,

Firstly I want to thank you all once again for the support and profound respect and admiration so many of you have demonstrated here. Special thanks to you Lyle for attending and passing on everyone's condolences. The wreath was beautiful and very much appreciated. Lyle has described Ben's farewell perfectly.

We tried very hard in our sorrow to envisage a tribute that was both positive and heartfelt yet with a touch of the quirky humour and mischief that was so representative of Ben's character. I feel we achieved this, as do all who attended and there were many! Ben would never have imagined so many people would turn out for him, in person and in spirit, and I feel certain he was there with us in some way.

I have posted here for you all, Ben's Eulogy, so that you too may share in his memory and celebrate his life. I must say here that this was by far the hardest thing I have ever done, far greater than anything I would have imagined possible. To write and to present a summary of someone's life, someone whom you loved more than life itself, was heartbreaking beyond words. I felt it was something that I simply must do...please take a few moments to read an reflect...

Thank you all for joining us here today to celebrate and reflect on Ben’s life and to bid him a loving farewell. I do not have to remind anyone here of what a special bloke Ben was. He touched us all in so many ways with his strength of character, his loyalty, his humanity and not least, his lovable eccentricity of which there are numerous examples, some of which we will share here today and I encourage all of you to share your stories with each other.

Amen.

Rest in Peace.

Meagan that eulogy was absolutely perfect, I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry it came down to a bit of both actually. You managed eloquently to paint a portrait of Bens life for all of us to respect. Thank you so very sincerely, may the days ahead allay the grief that you and Bens family are feeling today and soon you will only remember the happy times you had with each other.

Mav

Lyle-thank you very much for sharing your comments about ben's day.....

Megan-thank you very much for your sharing with us your eulogy about ben.

It was written with feeling, and i am sure it helped all who heard it to understand a bit more about ben.

He was a complex and loved man, and i do remember fondly the couple of times i met him, and the talks we had.

In the past i had to write and say a eulogy for a close family member who left us far too early....

it was not an easy task to write about someone you loved, and who is now gone... but never forgotten...

Edited by larry

Guest EZYHD

Just saw this thread and along with our band of DTV forum cyber friends I'm sure its such a sad time for his family and many here, to Lyle you are a champion for your efforts.

Megan,

This was beautifully written from the heart. I think Ben would have shed a tear himself. Thank you for sharing it with everyone here. It also made me wish I had spent more time with him than I did, as we clearly had even more in common than I had thought.

Ben will always be remembered.

John

Megan,

This was beautifully written from the heart. I think Ben would have shed a tear himself. Thank you for sharing it with everyone here. It also made me wish I had spent more time with him than I did, as we clearly had even more in common than I had thought.

Ben will always be remembered.

John

Thank's Megan.

Gordon

Meagan that eulogy was absolutely perfect, I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry it came down to a bit of both actually. You managed eloquently to paint a portrait of Bens life for all of us to respect. Thank you so very sincerely, may the days ahead allay the grief that you and Bens family are feeling today and soon you will only remember the happy times you had with each other.

Mav

Yes, that sums it up very well.

Thanks Megan for taking the time to write.

Thank you Megan for sharing with all of us.

Ben had phones a few times and it was clear in those calls he was a passionate about Home Theatre and THX.

THX's slogan is simply - "the audience is listening..."

These pages are testament that we are that audience and we were listening...

Mark

Thanks for that Mark, he did mention your name often. As you know Ben always enjoyed talking HT with anyone, anytime and for any amount of time. I would have to wrestle the phone of him!

I loved your reference to the THX slogan and I know Ben would have too....btw his vehicle license plates are...you guessed it, THX, if he had a dollar for every person who asked to buy them...... they are definately not for sale.

Mrs benthx.

• 11 months later...

I was only thinking about Ben a few weeks ago, I played the Wow! THX demo for some friends and he immediately came to mind. I really do miss his almost monthly phone calls, he was a true HT enthusiast.

My eyes are a little glazed after re-reading his eulogy. It's strange how someone you never physically met and shook hands with can have such a profound impact on you.

Michael.

Ben was a truly personable bloke who I shared quite a few PM's with. Informative, knowledgeable and a delight to deal with.

Blade

Yes, I do think of him often.

I sent Ebe an email a week or two back but to date have not had a response.

Hope all is well with him.