Benthx - Rest In Peace

Ben Salvemini

18/9/1969 - 29/2/2008, Age 38 years

It is with great regret that I inform the members here of the sad loss of one of our valuable members benthx.

Ben was a very passionate person in everything he did, including Home Theatre and projection. He often went out of his way to help out other forum members, particularly in Perth where he held a series of GTG's at his home.

He has been very ill for the last 6 months, and hence his limited contributions on this forum, but I spoke to him about 6 weeks ago, and it looked like things were looking up, and he was looking forward to getting back into it. Unfortunately, this didn't eventuate, and his illness got the better of him.

His wonderful partner Megan, and his lifelong friends (especially Ebe from this forum) have been the rocks which have kept Ben going throughout the darkest hours, and as you can imagine, all are very distraught at the moment.

At all times, Ben did his utmost to help others and to uphold the principles that he valued so highly. He often went out of his way to help the "little guy" even to his own detriment. There were many occasions where I was privy to instances of Ben's generosity in this regard where he came to the assistance of a number of forum members.

Goodbye Ben, you will be sorely missed. :(

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben Salvemini

It is with great regret that I inform the members here of the sad loss of one of our valuable members benthx.

Ben was a very passionate person in everything he did, including Home Theatre and projection. He often went out of his way to help out other forum members, particularly in Perth where he held a series of GTG's at his home.

He has been very ill for the last 6 months, and hence his limited contributions on this forum, but I spoke to him about 6 weeks ago, and it looked like things were looking up, and he was looking forward to getting back into it. Unfortunately, this didn't eventuate, and his illness got the better of him.

His wonderful partner Megan, and his lifelong friends (especially Ebe from this forum) have been the rocks which have kept Ben going throughout the darkest hours, and as you can imagine, all are very distraught at the moment.

At all times, Ben did his utmost to help others and to uphold the principles that he valued so highly. He often went out of his way to help the "little guy" even to his own detriment. There were many occasions where I was privy to instances of Ben's generosity in this regard where he came to the assistance of a number of forum members.

that is terrible news there foggy.

an extremely unfortunate loss

i didnt know him personally only from on his contribution here.

very sad to hear :(

What! I spoke to him at xmas time(Just after), Foggy what happened! This is bad news he only lives 10 minutes away from me I did not realise he was ill.This day had now turned into a sad day.He was a good forum member and helped many! He will be missed!

Well I was just notified by PM about Ben and to say I am in total shock at this news. Ben was just a genuinely nice guy and he will no doubt be sorely missed by all his family and friends. I was only an acquaintance but I still thought highly of him. Rest now Ben no more pain to suffer mate.

Mav

A truely sad day indeed. :(

Sorry to hear this news, I was unaware of his illness

I got a vague call from a lady on Friday asking if I was someone else of the same forename and if I knew Ben. I assume now it could have been family trying to contact friends to let know the news

RIP Ben, your informative contributions to the forum will be missed. Condolensces to the family for your sad loss

I am in total shock. I had many phone calls from Ben with his involvement with the JVC DLA-HD1 power buy and when he was setting up Projector Geeks. He was a true HT enthusiast always keen to show off his setup, I'm really gonna miss him. I noticed his absence on the forums and wondered what was wrong. My thoughts are with Ben's friends and family.

:(

Michael Carey.

I was fortunate enough to be the recipient of some of his hospitality; I couldn't make a GTG where he was showing off his new JVC so he invited me over for a private showing where, if I recall, it was about 3am or something like that when I staggered bleary-eyed out of his theatre room. And I know I haven't been the only one, he loved his hobby but loved sharing it with others even more.

I am sorry to hear of ben's passing

i visited him at home in the past, and he was a friendly and helpful guy

i noticed that he hadn't been on the forum for a while, and just assumed he was busy with other projects... :-(

Ben Salvemini

Rest In Peace Ben :(

Wow! What a shock! I was just thinking of him the other day and wondered where he'd been. I'd spoken to him numerous times on the phone and over PM, and had a lot of respect for him and with what he was trying to do with his business.

Very, very sad news. R.I.P Ben.

Chris