Selectv Digital Hurry Up With New Channels

I think you will find that the condition of the BBC buying Foxtel's share of UKTV would of been that all BBC channels excluding BBC World would be exclusive to Foxtel... meaning SelecTV is left out in the cold once again...

Foxtel isn't as stupid as people think they cover themselves from all angles to prevent any competitors.. well any serious competitors.. lol

So don't hold your breath as I have given up on SelecTV I just have selectv just as a cheap add on to FTA but its nothing spectacular and never will be... IMHO...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, BBC just announced 2 new channels on Foxtel for 2009, and the buyout of UKTV.

I like seeing anyone independent of Foxtel.

BBC World is already on SelecTV, hopefully this means some more potential channels for SelecTV etc.

* BBC Knowledge

* CBeebies, which will show educational programs for pre-schoolers

* UKTV

* BBC HD (or an SD version of it?)

EXACTLY

maybe or maynot not int the case

but with setanta, ESPN disyneys 2 channels and boomeraning available why not go for it SELECTV

also does anyone know if world movies is foxtel owned because i think this should be looked at

I've got no Foxtel / SelectTV at the moment, I don't have the time to pay $60+ for sport, But if SelectTV brought in ESPN, And they didn't up their $25 or what ever it is monthly, I'd 100% go out and buy it now, and so would a lot of my friends who's on foxtel for only ESPN, and the movie channels "And MTV".......

Until they get ESPN or Another sports channel that may provide, NHL, NBA, MLB, And what ever, I'm not getting PayTV, I'll just keep streaming games live over the internet for free.

Hell I'd pay $30 a month for JUST: Mtv, Movie 1, Movie 2, Movie extra, All them discovery type national geographic channels, Euro Sport and ESPN, You can keep all the other crappy channels.

This guy gets it

LISTEN SLECT TV

adding setanta, espn bomerang disneys channels for kids maybe world movies or uktv or lifestyle if liscence permits

price to 50

and you have a service just as good as what optus was next to foxtel or glaxy a GOOD ALTERNATIVE !!!

Hi all

This is only the second time I have posted on this forum. I do keep a check on here every now and then to 'see' if anything new is happening with SelecTV.

We have had Select close on 12 months. We pretty much watch it for the movie channels and discovery RT (hubby loves cars, lol). The kids are not that interested in Cartoon Network (their cartoons are pretty cruddy). We don't really care for sports channels, so happy there. Master 14 loves Euro Sport for the soccer.

I am finding that lately we are watching more and more free to air tv and pretty much turn select on at times when we know there is something we want to watch.

I did email them at the end of last year (around Oct-Nov) to ask about additional programing and was told they were in 'negotiations' - I seriously think that, that is an auto response from SelectTV to try and pacify customers.

The last two emails sent through asking about new channels have been completely ignored, not what you would call great customer service (even a quick one telling me the same dribble would have been something) We are seriously considering switching off untill Select pulls their fingers out with their 'so called negotiations'. <_<

Your pretty much spot on there jodietas negotiations is a way of saying we have no idea and not lieing about it LOL :)

SelecTV hasn't really changed much, in any way, since WIN took over - have they?

(when did WIN takeover? 1 year ago?)

I wonder if they're working on a new business plan, or whether it's just business as usual.

SelecTV hasn't really changed much, in any way, since WIN took over - have they?

(when did WIN takeover? 1 year ago?)

I wonder if they're working on a new business plan, or whether it's just business as usual.

I think the last thing they added was Discovery or was it Sky Racing either way they have done nothing since and its been well over a year since anything has happened... they did add a new channel to there spanish package but.... got rid of another channel and replaced it with the new channel...

I think the last thing they added was Discovery or was it Sky Racing either way they have done nothing since and its been well over a year since anything has happened... they did add a new channel to there spanish package but.... got rid of another channel and replaced it with the new channel...

So it's been, roughly, business as usual?

I mean - if WIN bought them out, and SelecTV were not raking in the cash, then you'd assume they have a grander plan.

Edited by GregA

I'd say business as usual but would be interesting to know if there even breaking even with there operating costs... Cause if they were actually making a profit you would think they would be doing things to improve there service but yet were to see anything new or improvements so in a way its showing maybe things aren't all rosey and peachy as we all know if WIN did't buy out SelecTV and give them a big cash injection SelecTV would not be here today so that says something..

• 4 weeks later...

I spoke to Selectv this week on the telephone, I asked them when new channels are coming and they said " oh it takes a long time to organise rights to channels and maybe in a few months we will have some new content".

In other words they have no idea and there is nothing new coming.

poor effort selectv.

I'd say business as usual but would be interesting to know if there even breaking even with there operating costs...

IIRC they weren't expecting to be breaking even at this point. I'd say Select is still bleeding quite a bit of red ink.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deafman013

Pity as looking to get it. When rang was tolded they still looking at getting extra

cartoon channels. Said they would do a great deal if we sign up that day.

Said since we got kids we really need more than 1 cartoon channel to make it

worth while getting.

Said they would do a great deal if we sign up that day.

Said since we got kids we really need more than 1 cartoon channel to make it

worth while getting.

Why? Just tell the kids that one channel is all they get. Not like they're paying for it.

im gonna gues 2 disney channels

there was talk long ag of boomerang and the 2 disney channels coming

still dont belive it

IMO slesct should also pick up world movies ESPN and setanta (which wouldetn be hard because fox HATES setanta!)

They COULD also get ESPN if they're getting the two Disney channels, ESPN is owned by Disney, so I'm pretty sure they can make arrangements for that, maybe even get a deal...

Setanta would be a nice on SelecTV :D

Edited by e.z

LOL

hell ye setanta espn boomerang and the 2 disney channels would rock

it would then round the service out ala optusvision or galaxy style

worrk whole heartedly to compliment FTA

raise the cost to 50-60 and it whoops foxtels base package

but this is common sense talkin as if anyone would actually do what wed like ey lol