Sign in to follow this  
Doast

New Panasonic 8 Series Plasmas - Cheaper?!?!

Do you guys think the new 8 series will be as cheap as the current 7 series have been selling for lately?

eg. PX7A is advertised at $1200, do you think the PX8A could be haggled down to a similar price due to the fact they are both the same RRP?

If the 80A is already being advertised at $1571, surely the 8A version has got to be around the $1300 mark? Thats getting pretty close to the price of the 7A.

I think I may have made a mistake buying the 7A :(

Great prices. I just got back from Harvey Norman in Brisbane CBD and they quoted me:-

TH42PX8A - $1649

TH42PX80A - $1833

TH50PX80A - $2399

I didn't ask for the full HD prices, as I'm not interested in spending more than $2k and don't see the point in full HD for a TV.

Any news on the relaease date for the PZ 800 series ? I would really like to get the 46'' inch as that size seems to be the perfect compromise between the 42'' and 50'' inch. Are we even getting the 46'' in oz, does anyone know ?

Thanks

ritesh

Any news on the relaease date for the PZ 800 series ? I would really like to get the 46'' inch as that size seems to be the perfect compromise between the 42'' and 50'' inch. Are we even getting the 46'' in oz, does anyone know ?

Thanks

ritesh

Yes we are getting the 46" in July sometime.

Anyone have a definite date on when the TH50PX80A will be on the shelves?

Thanks

ritesh

Really, I always thought that 46" was kind of designated as an LCD size not a plasma size.

Wonder how it will sit between the 42 and 50 pricings.

Really, I always thought that 46" was kind of designated as an LCD size not a plasma size.

Wonder how it will sit between the 42 and 50 pricings.

This to me is why Panasonic has been so successful in selling plasma screens. Sure their prices have been very competitive, but having multiple models and multiple sizes means there is more os a chance of meeting the needs of most consumers - unlike Pioneer who have always had a very limited range of models. If they had lower spec entry models or models with standard 1 year warranty and no delivery/installation, they would sell so many more screens.

Below is a post from page 3 of this thread, someone pulled this out of HN server not long ago... so 46' sits right in the middle of the 42' & 50' prices.

TH42PX8A $2299

TH42PX80 $2499

TH50PX80 $3399

TH42PZ800 $2999

TH46PZ800 $3699

TH50PZ800 $4299

I would love to get the same variety in size in plasma as in lcd. To me, 46' settles the issue between 42' maybe a touch small but 50' may be a bit too big. I have that discussion going endessly with my CFO. So, i am just glad that Pana is bringing out the 46' and give us the middle option.

Now only if they would just come out and annouce it officially and give us some details. The concerm is that those pz700a are selling out like hot cakes and stock for pz800 is surely going to be a major issue when it finally land here in july. so July could actually mean even later... I might have to seriously consider picking up the pz700a :(

Im thinking the same thing with the 700, but i know that ill be dissapointed if i dont get the 800 after waiting so long... especially if the price is gonna be around the same mark

TH42PX8A $2299

TH42PX80 $2499

TH50PX80 $3399

TH42PZ800 $2999

TH46PZ800 $3699

TH50PZ800 $4299

I'd take this with a grain of salt at this stage.

If you go to www.panasonic.com.au you will see the prices for the TH42PX8a and 80A as well as the 50PX80a are quite different to those listed.

I was at JB hi-fi the other day and they quoted me $3899RRP for the 46PZ800 and $3999 for the 50PZ800 so by there was very little difference. by the time panasonic releases their formal prices I expect that things may have changed again....

Agreed - till this thing is not offically released, prices mentioned anywhere are mere specualtion or more like wishfull thinking really.

BTW, Panasonic RRPs on their web-sites are usaully way off from their actual street prices. The current pz700a is listed at $2999 but can now be picked up at as low as $1999 i.e. 33% off the rrp. And even within it's 1st month after release, there was a receipt floating around on this forum that was not too far from $2k mark for the pz700a. So what the new pz800 will set us back is currently anyone's guess really, including retaliers like HN and JB.

Below is a post from page 3 of this thread, someone pulled this out of HN server not long ago... so 46' sits right in the middle of the 42' & 50' prices.

TH42PX8A $2299

TH42PX80 $2499

TH50PX80 $3399

Actually this is incorrect .. went to a couple Harvey Normans in Sydney .. the little store price sticker was $2199, but the full sale price for the Panasonic TH42PX8A is actually $1699. Actually at one of the HN's when I asked the price he looked at the sticker and said "thats wrong" (and then pulled it off for correction to $1699 later). Whats weird is that these HN's have the PX8A/80A in stock, but many other stores are still saying 2-4+ weeks (even late June/July). Only other store I've seen with an 8A on display is I think a Good Guys (sticker price $1899!) I've been quoted just over $1500 (8A) from a Bing Lee but they dont' have stock yet.

I was at JB hi-fi the other day and they quoted me $3899RRP for the 46PZ800 and $3999 for the 50PZ800 so by there was very little difference. by the time panasonic releases their formal prices I expect that things may have changed again....

It sounds to me that if I want one of the 50's at a good price, I'm going to have to wait a while for a cheap buyers thread to pop up.

I really have a solid figure of 3k$ in my head but I spose I'd bend a few hundred higher.

On a different note, does the 800a have a HD reciever in it for free to air TV? I don't have one and I don't really want to pay for one.

does the 800a have a HD reciever in it for free to air TV? I don't have one and I don't really want to pay for one.

Yes, it does.

Well I have my transfer date for 6 weeks from today. Is there any chance I could get a 58" PZ800 before I go or is that going to be a massive longshot?

was at dick smith powerhouse before, they are ordering some 50' 800a's in next week apparently, will have some by mid late june..

said the price would be $4299 but as ppl have said here take those 'official' prices with a grain of salt..

hoping its somewhere around the $3200 mark ^_^

Edited by iron99

was at dick smith powerhouse before, they are ordering some 50' 800a's in next week apparently, will have some by mid late june..

said the price would be $4299 but as ppl have said here take those 'official' prices with a grain of salt..

hoping its somewhere around the $3200 mark ^_^

Me too, i was hoping it would be around the $3200 mark but thats along way below $4299!

Me too, i was hoping it would be around the $3200 mark but thats along way below $4299!

The current street price for a 50PZ700 is <$3000 and RRp is $4099?

My guess is that the 50PZ800 will be $3999 RRP, so $3200 should be achieveable

The current street price for a 50PZ700 is <$3000 and RRp is $4099?

My guess is that the 50PZ800 will be $3999 RRP, so $3200 should be achieveable

Cheers, because I gotta sell my HD CRT (including stand!) before then so I need to factor in the cost of a decent TV table too.

I was thinking something like this

http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/2006/10/avion-tv-stand.jpg

So I can keep my 360 enclosed so it's not so noisy (dont' care if it burns up, MS will replace it under 3 year warranty and I won't hear the bloody thing)

Any suggestions where I'd find a similar one to that.

Well I have my transfer date for 6 weeks from today. Is there any chance I could get a 58" PZ800 before I go or is that going to be a massive longshot?

Heven't seen anything about these on the ground so don't hold your breath. I too am waiting.