Sign in to follow this  
nikola

I Need Help With My Samsung La40m81bdx..

Hi guys,

Sorry if there have already been posts about this subject, I tried using the search function but it was of little help.

I bought a LA40M81BDX a fair while ago, probably about a year ago and since then it has been having a very unusual problem fairly sporadically. It has only happened 5 tiimes in that year, and I have no idea why it happens or what to do about it.

The TV seems to be turning itself off and on again, every 10 seconds or so, when on normal tv, and when it is swictched over to DTV it just seems to flash a bit of colour every 2 seconds and then every 10-15 seconds switches off and on again like when on regular tv. The only thing that has been able to fix it is leaving it overnight, and then it works again like normal the next morning. Switching sources doesnt help, I tried with my Xbox 360 and with the PS3, and it just switches off and on every 10-15 seconds again. I was going to contact samsung about it, but I read here how quite a few people have had issues with their customer service, so I thought I would reserve that as a last resort.

Oh, and it makes the clicky sound like when you first switch it on when it does the switchy off thing!

Its just.. so annoying that my nice TV misbehaves sometimes. And I was really looking forward to watching House of 1000 Corpses tonight too. :'(

Hi guys,

Sorry if there have already been posts about this subject, I tried using the search function but it was of little help.

I bought a LA40M81BDX a fair while ago, probably about a year ago and since then it has been having a very unusual problem fairly sporadically. It has only happened 5 tiimes in that year, and I have no idea why it happens or what to do about it.

The TV seems to be turning itself off and on again, every 10 seconds or so, when on normal tv, and when it is swictched over to DTV it just seems to flash a bit of colour every 2 seconds and then every 10-15 seconds switches off and on again like when on regular tv. The only thing that has been able to fix it is leaving it overnight, and then it works again like normal the next morning. Switching sources doesnt help, I tried with my Xbox 360 and with the PS3, and it just switches off and on every 10-15 seconds again. I was going to contact samsung about it, but I read here how quite a few people have had issues with their customer service, so I thought I would reserve that as a last resort.

Oh, and it makes the clicky sound like when you first switch it on when it does the switchy off thing!

Its just.. so annoying that my nice TV misbehaves sometimes. And I was really looking forward to watching House of 1000 Corpses tonight too. :'(

I hate to bump, and I am sure it is against the rules. But I really need some help with this issue.

I bought mine about three months ago ( In dec 2007) and I am having the same problems. It keeps switching of and then on. After I set the Picture mode to Standard it switches back automatically to Dynamic in about 20 minutes. I will be contacting samsung soon. I have a 7 year warranty. Will let you know what happens.

Hi guys,

My friend had the same problem. What you need to do is go into the digital menu and turn off the autoatic update. In theory it's function is to upgrade the digital software via the coaxial when one is available but australia is not set up for it

Give Samsung customer service a call and they will talk you through it

I have an R and the TV makes a clicking noise for about 3 seconds after i turn it on. It has been working fine apart from that.