Sign in to follow this  
Highjinx

Money Burning A Hole In Ya Pocket?

Not my cup of tea...............even if I were in that situation.........but interesting effort never the less.

Link

Guest EZYHD
Not my cup of tea...............even if I were in that situation.........but interesting effort never the less.

Link

Guy should be locked up, he must be crazy...

Guy should be locked up, he must be crazy...

Yep certainly not my cup of tea..... :blink:

Link

Intersting and ugly at the same time. Some people have too much spare time...

... does he have a rotary subwoofer?

Bah! What's a $6m home theatre without sub-sonic, gut-shaking, gyprock-cracking bass from an Eminent Technology rotary subwoofer! Nothing like 5Hz to find the rattles in your room... and no, I don't have one... but I can dream.

Michael.

Ah the Kipnis studio standard... been getting a bit of press recently! He is actually a member here and posts occasionally (mostly to show off all the attention he is getting ;) ) - he posted a link to his site and all the photos a few months back and has a bit of stuff on AVS (and probably every other relevant forum around the world)...

He is pretty keen to sell his $6m theatre concepts to any well heeled enthusiasts...

~

He is pretty keen to sell his $6m theatre concepts to any well heeled enthusiasts...

One of these days, he might even offer a scope upgrade for an extra mill... :rolleyes:

The owner of that business actually started posting on CurtPalme quite some time ago. (he didn't sound like an idiot and was quite open to critisism)

Personally, I think the degree of overkill is quite astonishing - effects speakers don't need to be so high end, nor driven by those Mcintoshes.

With 6 million, there would be lots of different ways that fellow forum members would design and implement their ultimate HT... and still have 5 1/2 million in change

Edited by oliverg

It's cool!

I agree, it is an amazing level of overkill. But nonetheless I love the room. It has such a daunting appearance, Acoustically, I wonder how he deals with the gaps needed to get to the lounge :). I love the bookshelves, I wonder if they too serve a dual purpose, maybe helping to deaden vibrations.

Being older now, I 'spose I've become more realistic about this sort of stuff. But back in highschool when I was into cars, I used to daydream all the time about the sort of modified car I'd build if some mysterious benefactor were to give me a blank cheque book and say - 'Go all out.' This guy's done exactly that. As some people have commented, he could have spent the money helping with real problems. And like every other millionaire and government in the world who frivols away their money, they should try and help more. But Kipnis has achieved a dream of his and there are much worse crimes of wasting money out there than spending $6 million on a home theater.

SJ.