Fox Sports

In terms of what I enjoy watching:

1. EPL (when the top teams are involved otherwise it's a little boring).

2. La Liga

3. A-league

4. German Bundesliga

5. French Ligue 1

6. Scottish Premier League

7. Dutch Eredivisie

8. Serie A (would probably be higher if Setanta had the better set of games).

9. English Championship

10. Probably MLS

But for me nothing beats watching Champions League or International Football.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be interesting to see what other people prefer?

this is purely personal taste ... B)

1. uefa CL

2. Bundesliga

3. A-league

4. French league

5. La Liga

6. Eredivisie

7. EPL

8. Serie A

Would not have ranked Germany so high before seeing full games this year. Been watching a heap of it lately. Very competitive among the top eight or so clubs.

Also looked forward to Champions league match days this season, oddly!

Edited by mosblk

But for me nothing beats watching Champions League or International Football.

I agree Champions League earlier rounds can be entertaining, knockout rounds even better but over the years the Final itself is quite often a boring let down...especially at 4 in the morning! I'm traditionalist who thinks only the Champions from the European leagues should be playing in the Champions League. Allowing 2nd-4th place is a joke and is turning leagues like the EPL into a Mickey Mouse competition where yer get managers like Benitez thinking it's been a successful season if Liverpool claim 4th spot! If only the Champions qualified we may see more leagues goin right to the wire in the championship race? As for Internationals its a similar story where quite often the World Cup Final is very forgetable.

I agree Champions League earlier rounds can be entertaining, knockout rounds even better but over the years the Final itself is quite often a boring let down...especially at 4 in the morning! I'm traditionalist who thinks only the Champions from the European leagues should be playing in the Champions League. Allowing 2nd-4th place is a joke and is turning leagues like the EPL into a Mickey Mouse competition where yer get managers like Benitez thinking it's been a successful season if Liverpool claim 4th spot! If only the Champions qualified we may see more leagues goin right to the wire in the championship race? As for Internationals its a similar story where quite often the World Cup Final is very forgetable.

Often the finals of these tournaments can be poor, but they can be very good games as well - the last 3 Champions League finals have all been very good to watch, as was the 2006 world cup final.

G'day all.

New user so can't start my own topic yet but is anyone as concerned as I am with the EPL's GAM£ 39 plan?

For those who don't know, The Premier League (not the English FA) is proposing to have an extra game on top of the regular 38 game season to be held, one in each of in 10 countries around the world. These host cities will be essentially the highest bidder and will earn the right to host a match between two EPL teams which will be drawn by some kind of ballot. The philosophy according to the EPL chiefs is that this "will bring the game to our fans overseas and rake in a $hit load of cash which can be distributed evenly to all teams in the league".

In my opinion and I understand that of many others, this risks undermining the integrity of the Premier League to a degree that it will no longer be considered a serious league instead morphing into a mere circus sideshow where brands and TV money are all that matters.

For one, the symmetry of the league would be destroyed. The 39th game will be worth the normal 3pts for a win, 1 point for a draw. Exactly how these additional points which may well see one team relegate or promoted to a champions league place or even secure top spot in the league itself can be reconciled with the fact that teams no longer will have an even competition fixture list is quite beyond me.

Can you imagine Derby sitting 4th from bottom and safe from relegation being happy with the extra game being against Chelsea in Shanghai while the three teams beneath them get them Newcastle, Wigan and Sunderland in Dublin, New York and Cairo? Easy games and less travelling time for them while poor old Derby would be almost certainly doomed! Of course the same goes for the top of the ladder with UEFA, Champions league and the ultimate prize all being potentially affected by this randomly drawn (or even worse, seeded) game.

Never mind the arguments for and against the existing fixture congestion and National team requirements, this is a proposal that must be killed off as quickly as possible if we want to see the EPL continuing to be the IMO best league in the world.

I am so concerned about this development that I will be writing to Foxtel to assure them that if they do not withdraw any support offered privately or publicly for this proposal, they can kiss my subscription goodbye and that of many other EPL fans too I am sure. THE EPL will simply be not worth watching any more.

Any body else feel this way?

Edited by TheoRacle

not keen either. Complete nonsense from the ENGLISH Premier league thinking they should become some sort of global league.

Ridiculous, if i were English i'd be even more peeved at it. Their national team is going to keep on its downward slide at this rate.

not keen either. Complete nonsense from the ENGLISH Premier league thinking they should become some sort of global league.

Ridiculous, if i were English i'd be even more peeved at it. Their national team is going to keep on its downward slide at this rate.

Yer not wrong this idea is something the Yanks would come up with...hang on a minute thay already own Man United, Liverpool and is it Aston Villa also? I guess the next brilliant idea to come from the English Predictable League will be to change how the champions are decided by aving Finals like A-League, AFL and all the American sports. Thay could call it the Budweiser Cup and play the final in a different city each year across America.

As crazy and money grabbing as it sounds, i'm all for it if it means a game in Australia live in person!! Hell id go even if was Wigan vs Bolton

See I'd like to see a couple of premier league sides play as well, but I wouldn't want a round added to the EPL - so I think the best thing to do would be to have more premier league sides playing pre-season tournaments etc.

See I'd like to see a couple of premier league sides play as well, but I wouldn't want a round added to the EPL - so I think the best thing to do would be to have more premier league sides playing pre-season tournaments etc.

yep hopefully we'll be added to the pre-season tours through Asia soon enough.