Fox Sports

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from a few Celtic games, I haven't watched too much TV in the last few weeks. Are you suggesting the Australia V Qatar international the other night was a pay TV game, if so how much did they charge? The sporting stuff is poor enough as it is surely Foxtel can hardly charge for something which actually may be of interest to subscribers for an event which is being hosted in their own backyard!!!

Apart from a few Celtic games, I haven't watched too much TV in the last few weeks. Are you suggesting the Australia V Qatar international the other night was a pay TV game, if so how much did they charge? The sporting stuff is poor enough as it is surely Foxtel can hardly charge for something which actually may be of interest to subscribers for an event which is being hosted in their own backyard!!!

No it wasn't a PPV style situation. Let me rephrase.

It was the second highest rating show in Foxtel history (not sure if that's just Sport related though).

Man United 1 Man City 2 What an insult to the memory of the Busby Babes! On the 50th anniversary of the Munich disaster Manchester United crumbled without a fight in the Manchester Derby. Fergie showed that maybe its time to retire if he couldn't lift the team with his half-time talk in a match as big as this...obviously there was nae stray boots laying around for him to kick and inspire his mediocre team! I'd love to be able to hear the one-eyed commentry on MUTV for that game. :lol:

Man United 1 Man City 2 What an insult to the memory of the Busby Babes! On the 50th anniversary of the Munich disaster Manchester United crumbled without a fight in the Manchester Derby. Fergie showed that maybe its time to retire if he couldn't lift the team with his half-time talk in a match as big as this...obviously there was nae stray boots laying around for him to kick and inspire his mediocre team! I'd love to be able to hear the one-eyed commentry on MUTV for that game. :lol:

Cmon whats happend to all you Man U fans from the Theatre of Delusions nae ones taken the bite and defended yer woeful teams honour! :lol:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...0-30540,00.html

SEVEN was the clear winner in the summer ratings race. The network won seven of the 10 unofficial ratings weeks that ended on Saturday.

The Australian Open men's final tennis on Seven was the most watched program, with an average audience of 2.447 million. Nine's Australia v India Twenty20 cricket match was of less interest with an audience of 2.077 million.

The ABC's most watched show was Spicks and Specks: A Very Specky Christmas, which averaged 1.601 million.

Seven's win was exceptional given Ten's successful launch of So You Think You Can Dance Australia in the final week of summer and the cricket on Nine.

Ten's decision to launch Dance in the non-ratings period has paid off as the show is already the first hit of 2008..

Pay TV is also claiming a win with subscription channels attracting a 23.5 per cent share of viewers between 6am and midnight. Foxtel had a 62.2 per cent share over summer, up 2.3 points from last year.

Popular Foxtel programs included the Aust v Qatar football world cup qualifier (345,000 viewers), domestic Twenty20 cricket (150,000 viewers on New Year's Day) and entertainment shows Gossip Girl (159,000 viewers on December 4) and An Aussie Goes Bolly (154,000 on January 7).

345,000 viewers - really quite amazing figures, considering the Socceroos would rarely get those sort of ratings figures on FTA TV (with almost 4 times the potential number of viewers) only a few years ago.

Does cement football's position as Foxtel's number 1 asset.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watchin the A-League Final now I remember why I don't watch many games. Thay made a mistake calling it the A-League should've called it SerieA Australia. <_<:P I wonder how many games were 0-0 at halftime this season? Yeah I know its only a new league but thats got nothing to do with the quality of goal scorers in this country!

Just finished watchin the A-League Final now I remember why I don't watch many games. Thay made a mistake calling it the A-League should've called it SerieA Australia. <_<:P I wonder how many games were 0-0 at halftime this season? Yeah I know its only a new league but thats got nothing to do with the quality of goal scorers in this country!

I'd rather see a tight 1-0 win than another thrashing in the SPL.

I'd rather see a tight 1-0 win than another thrashing in the SPL.

Well yes but if you paid any attention, the SPL has been very unpredictable for the most part (besides the Old Firm). Its very hard to predict who will end 3rd or in the Top 6 and thats what i care about.

Also, i'm sure even Gretna could crap on any A-League team :excl:

lol, the A-league has been great value this year. Very close finish to the league and finals spots up for grabs right till the end... Can't even compare this to the two-tier SPL.

As for "quality of play" its all opinion and subjective, but i prefer the Newy Jets and their passing style than UK long-ball merchants.

lol, the A-league has been great value this year. Very close finish to the league and finals spots up for grabs right till the end... Can't even compare this to the two-tier SPL.

As for "quality of play" its all opinion and subjective, but i prefer the Newy Jets and their passing style than UK long-ball merchants.

I must admit it was quite enjoyable the other week when that "marquee" player Aloisi with only the keeper to beat took a shot at goal, he was closer to hitting the corner flag than the back of the net...cracking stuff! Nae wonder wee Scott McDonald has given the A-League a miss!

if u want to pick and choose poor moments you'll find that with any league. I'm just chuffed we have a local professional league to go to (in the flesh) after having to watch o/s leagues on tv forever.

No one is pretending the A-league is anything but the equivalent of a second-tier European league. Still counts as good value in my book, not bad for three seasons in ...

I'd rather watch the Blue Square Prem1er...cracking stuff! than the A-League.

Here's how my list looks of prefered football:

1 Scottish Premier

2 Celtic Reserves

3 Blue Square Prem1er

4 Rangers Reserves...gota keep an eye on yer rivals!

5 English Premier

6 La Liga...though I find it hard to stomach ESPN broadcasts

7 Dutch

8 French

9 German

10 A-League...highlights on the news is enough!

Serie A Hmmm...nah I'll leave it off me list. :lol:

It'd be interesting to see what other people prefer?

Edited by Deaf Bhoy

1 Scottish Premier

2 Celtic Reserves

3 Blue Square Prem1er

5 English Premier

6 Dutch

7 French

8 German

9 A-League...highlights on the news is enough!

Where is La Liga? Clearly that's the best league in the world when it comes to watching good football - sorry, but if la liga isn't in your top 2 I can't take your opinion seriously...

Where is La Liga? Clearly that's the best league in the world when it comes to watching good football - sorry, but if la liga isn't in your top 2 I can't take your opinion seriously...

Honestly I actually forgot bout La Liga I'll add it to my list...don't care much for Benitez at Liverpool though. Yer didn't kick up a fuss that Major League Soccerrrr was also missing!

1 Scottish Premier

2 Celtic Reserves

3 Blue Square Prem1er

5 English Premier

6 La Liga...though I find it hard to stomach ESPN broadcasts

7 Dutch

8 French

9 German

10 A-League...highlights on the news is enough!

Cant say id put Celtic Reserves in there mate :P

I basically only watch the Premiership, SPL and Internetional Games/UEFA Cup/Champs League.

I rate La Liga though as Serie A is pretty dull for the most part

if u want to pick and choose poor moments you'll find that with any league. I'm just chuffed we have a local professional league to go to (in the flesh) after having to watch o/s leagues on tv forever.

No one is pretending the A-league is anything but the equivalent of a second-tier European league. Still counts as good value in my book, not bad for three seasons in ...

It has its moments, but any league with 8 teams and no relegations is pretty lame. And the fact that the team that qualifies for the Asian Champ League, has to wait a whole year to play in it! Might head down for a few Melb games though for the sake of it. Surely a few more teams could be added from VIC, NSW and umm....Tassie?

:lol: didn't think you were that insane...

and yeah, I hate ESPN's broadcasts too.

Aye I'm a nutter but those yanks really know how to destroy fitba...what the hell was Beckham thinking? :o Maybe he's hoping David Caruso will get sacked so he can replace im as Horatio in CSI Miami, I'm sure Becks wouldn't mind dying his hair red! Hey whats yer fitba list Matt?