Sign in to follow this  
morricio

Pioneer Kuro 508xda Price Thread

I was in HN near Adelaide yesterday, and the XDA was priced at $4699 and the LX508 at $7999.

I told the sales guy that Pioneer had lowered the RRP on their website to $3999 for the XDA, and i just got the glazed and confused look.

"they haven't told us about it" he said.

They really haven't got a clue. The TV's were still set to dynamic and looked awful. I doubt they're selling many the way they're being marketed.

Bob

Always makes me crack up laughing when shops have no idea. I went into JB on Sunday and they had an lx508 set up with the pioneer logo flashing to different spots around the screen. At least they had it hooked up via HDMI. The samsung behind it must've been hooked up to the same Pioneer blu-ray player because it had the Pioneer logo flashing around too, although a lot more jagged than on the 508.

Hello there,

Need some advice please

I am buying the 508xda tomorrow and need some recommendations on a dvd player.

I currently have a Yamaha about 10 yrs old that was quite good in its day but the best output on this is SVIDEO so it has to be relegated to garage.

I am also a music lover so needs to meet the needs of this also.

Also need DIVX too

Any recommendations would be grealy appreciated

Thanks

p.s. the reason i put it in this thread was due to it being a 508xda thread albeit a price thread.

p.s.s. "research research research " responses are not required :D

Edited by spalmills

I am still having trouble getting anywhere near $3000-3100, the best I can get is $3400, but I am a stubborn bastard and will stick to it, also not in a great hurry.

Might have something to do with being on the Sunshine Coast in QLD, everything is more expensive up here it seems!

Myer said it was below cost for them, even after showing a receipt from here (thanks s h o w).

Anymore receipts would be greatly appreciated.

The battle goes on.

Was all set to buy this TV until i read all the "BUZZING" issues that owners are talking about here and overseas. :(

Now i think i will just wait for a while and see what happens in the next Generation, some have said its unbearable so the last thing i want to do is have a sensational picture and an annoying sound coming from it.

Many owners have also stated that they dont have this problem so i might talk to the retailer and tell them i will buy one on a condition that i get a refund if i get it home and it has the same buzz sound

When I went and paid in full, Clive peeters had $3299 as their ticketed price. I was thinking that I should have got better than 3K. I found Clive Peeters are more easy to deal with. They never told me that they can't negotiate over the phone last most others told me. It's so much easier than draging two children with me to the shops.

I got it delivered and installed on Wednesday. I have not got time to watch it much at all. Still busy finding some HD DVD titles. I spent way too much lately thanks to DTV forum.

Mine one does not buzz.

Edited by s h o w

Hi show

Happy to hear yours doesnt buzz, but others have said the same thing and then when they have been shown how to test for it they have found that thiers does it too.

Hopefully you are in the majority that dont have this issue.

Over 1/3rd of the owners on avs forum have reported the issue. Thats quite a lot

Edited by spalmills

Can anyone who has their receipt for this TV if the price was in the 3000-3500 range send it to me please? I'm serious when I say that it may not take much longer to buy this TV, at long last. Why? Something beneficial has happened to me recently, so buying the TV is almost within reach now.

my email is novaphoenix1984@gmail.com

Edited by Nova Phoenix

Hi show

Happy to hear yours doesnt buzz, but others have said the same thing and then when they have been shown how to test for it they have found that thiers does it too.

Hopefully you are in the majority that dont have this issue.

Over 1/3rd of the owners on avs forum have reported the issue. Thats quite a lot

Any 508XDA Owners out their,

How many of you have "buzzing" issues ?

Edited by KOAZ

Can anyone who has their receipt for this TV if the price was in the 3000-3500 range send it to me please?

Nova Phoenix

sent dude

koaz

Nova Phoenix

sent dude

koaz

Thanks KOAZ> But what did you actually pay for the TV: 2700 or 3000? The invoice confuses me a little.

Thanks KOAZ> But what did you actually pay for the TV: 2700 or 3000? The invoice confuses me a little.

$3000

$300 deposit

$2700 balance

Nova, I think if you are wanting to pay $3-$3.5K you wont need a receipt unless you are in a remote part of australia with not many places to buy from. Clive Peeters have a ticketed price of $3299-00 and they will do $3100-00 without any pressure. Chasing receipts will only waste time.

p.s. Koaz paid $3000-00 which he stated.

Edited by spalmills

Nova, I think if you are wanting to pay $3-$3.5K you wont need a receipt unless you are in a remote part of australia with not may places to buy from. Clive Peeters have a ticketed price of $3299-00 and they will do $3100-00 without any pressure. Chasing receipts will only waste time.

p.s. Koaz paid $3000-00 which he stated.

spalmills

correct all up price was $3000.

but this is a receipt from a forum member i sent to Nova not mine.

also have you bought the XDA as yet?

have you found out any more on the buzzing issue?

koaz

Edited by KOAZ

Koaz,

I was going to buy yesterday until i read all the issues with the BUZZ.

Went into a different retailer today who sat me down and rang his Pioneer Rep while on speaker phone. The guy said that the only buzz he knows of is the standard Plasma buzz. Nevertheless, i told the manager that if i buy one it would be on the condition that if i get it home and set up and it has the buzz he can take it back and i get a full refund. He agreed so i am going to see him in the morning and make sure he writes this on the purchase agreement.

Thanks again Koaz. Getting to $3000 should not be a problem. I've waited this long to get the 508XDA. Whats one or two more weeks!? :rolleyes:

Spoke to tech at pioneer on the phone today, he said there is a buzz as all electronic compenents do this. Some just to different degrees. He had 3 panels in front of him and said he doesnt hear any irregular sound. He offered to help me outwith this issue to put my mind at ease which i will take him up on next week, so will give you guys some feedback once I meet him. Cant say too much just yet.

Hi Koaz and the Manicmoose, would I be able to get a copy of your receipts if that is possible please.

Thanks,

Brad

beermonkey72 at hotmail.com

Hi Koaz and the Manicmoose, I'm interested in buying the 508xda pretty soon too. The lowest price I've been able to get is $3300 (without too much haggling). Could I trouble you for a copy of your receipts too? My email is wastro77@gmail.com.

Spoke to tech at pioneer on the phone today, he said there is a buzz as all electronic compenents do this. Some just to different degrees. He had 3 panels in front of him and said he doesnt hear any irregular sound. He offered to help me outwith this issue to put my mind at ease which i will take him up on next week, so will give you guys some feedback once I meet him. Cant say too much just yet.

spalmills

please keep us posted.

koaz

Hi Koaz and the Manicmoose, I'm interested in buying the 508xda pretty soon too. The lowest price I've been able to get is $3300 (without too much haggling). Could I trouble you for a copy of your receipts too? My email is wastro77@gmail.com.

ycaz77 and beermonkey

email sent

koaz

Purchased today from Clive Peeters (Richmond, Vic) for $3000 exactly. No dramas.

manicmoose

Could you please PM me a copy of your receipt.

As the only receipt i have is from a forum member and i want one other copy so as i can then show them 2 receipts and can bargain better at Clive Peeters.

koaz

Edited by KOAZ

No worries Koaz,

I will meet up with the Pio Tech during the week and he is going to disprove the theory that all pio tv's have the Buzz.

He is an actual tech at Pioneer, not a contractor that does installs

Edited by spalmills