Sign in to follow this  
morricio

Pioneer Kuro 508xda Price Thread

Anyone looking for a pdp-508xda - go to JB at Miranda - As of yesterday Sunday 22/03/2009, there is one display model for sale at $2699.

I am familiar with this store, and it has only just come onto the floor, so I asked where it appeared from and was told:

1. It was a customer return;

2. It may have gotten lost out the back;

Considering this model has been sold out in Australia for like 8 months, there is obviously a history to the panel.

I would be checking the hours of usage, however, you still get 5 yr warranty.

You cannot find a better tv for the price, even if it isn't full hd.

Just checked out this TV and it was originally ordered for a wall mount. So now if you want to stand mount it you cannot attach the speaker below the tv as the stand they will sell it with is too short to accomodate this. It would be ok if you don't want/need the tv to have its own speaker but for me it was a deal breaker. Shame as otherwise its a really nice set at a good price.

Just checked out this TV and it was originally ordered for a wall mount. So now if you want to stand mount it you cannot attach the speaker below the tv as the stand they will sell it with is too short to accomodate this. It would be ok if you don't want/need the tv to have its own speaker but for me it was a deal breaker. Shame as otherwise its a really nice set at a good price.

You can get the correct stand for pdp-508xda, [model no. PDKTS28], from the Pio clearance centre for $199:

https://web1.pioneer.com.au/itf/phx/phoenix.nsf/Index

Click on "plasmas tvs" icon.

Good Luck.

Edited by xclusive_gamer

Question, what would a Pioneer 428XDA go for second hand , say it was 12M old ?

I have seen none for sale except in the Pioneer clearance centre & I can't remember what the price was.

I'll take a stab with what i'd be willing to pay. I have seen them in the Pio clearance centre and I think the price was $1799?? (Correct me if i'm wrong) I'd say about $1500 is a fair price.

Anyone looking for a pdp-508xda - go to JB at Miranda - As of yesterday Sunday 22/03/2009, there is one display model for sale at $2699.

I am familiar with this store, and it has only just come onto the floor, so I asked where it appeared from and was told:

1. It was a customer return;

2. It may have gotten lost out the back;

Considering this model has been sold out in Australia for like 8 months, there is obviously a history to the panel.

I would be checking the hours of usage, however, you still get 5 yr warranty.

You cannot find a better tv for the price, even if it isn't full hd.

Picked this up from JB Miranda for $2200 about 2 weeks ago. I had to get a 508XDA stand from the Pio web clearance centre for another $200 so all up it cost $2400. It was on the floor for about 3 weeks so probably has done around 200 hours (nicely ready for calibration!). For an ex-floor stock it seems perfect. No stuck pixels, no image retention and most importantly it has no buzz.

I have come from a 10 year old LG CRT so the PQ has blown me away and I am just using the store settings. I originally started looking at this panel from the initial GB in 2007 where the price was above 4k so to Finally get this tv for this price is, for me, just sensational.

Picked this up from JB Miranda for $2200 about 2 weeks ago. I had to get a 508XDA stand from the Pio web clearance centre for another $200 so all up it cost $2400. It was on the floor for about 3 weeks so probably has done around 200 hours (nicely ready for calibration!). For an ex-floor stock it seems perfect. No stuck pixels, no image retention and most importantly it has no buzz.

I have come from a 10 year old LG CRT so the PQ has blown me away and I am just using the store settings. I originally started looking at this panel from the initial GB in 2007 where the price was above 4k so to Finally get this tv for this price is, for me, just sensational.

What do you mean by "so probably has done around 200 hours" why not just check the service menu and find out. Do a search on this forum for the commands.

What do you mean by "so probably has done around 200 hours" why not just check the service menu and find out. Do a search on this forum for the commands.

I did do a search before going to the store and tried the commands before making the purchase but for the life of me I couldn't get it to work.

So when I got the panel home I again looked up the commands to get access to the service menu and realised that I hadn't been pointing the remote directly at the sensor. So I tried this but again no luck.

The guesstimate comes from 3 weeks on the floor running for say 9 hours a day being 189 hours plus a few more for setup and run time since at my place.

Excellent to hear you picked up the Pio for a great price. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it on display, after being sold out for so long.