Sign in to follow this  
morricio

Pioneer Kuro 508xda Price Thread

Is the UK equivalent to the Australian 508XDA the 508XD or the 5080XD??? Thanks

or just wait for the new 50" thatt come out in the next couple of months

You can check the number of hours by pressing the Info button, wait 3 seconds then left, up, left right, power on.

Do this from standby mode. If it worked the blue LED will light up then a second or two later an orange LED will light up on the right hand side of the screen. Press down arrow once or twice and you will see the hours count. Exit by pressing the power button again.

Not sure the salesman would be comfortable with you going into the service menu though! :)

Is the UK equivalent to the Australian 508XDA the 508XD or the 5080XD??? Thanks

508XD. I believe 5080 is the slightly inferior TV.

I have had a look around and there seem to be a few 508xda still available in the $2700-$2850 price range.

I am pushing my budget to get a 508xda @ $2700 and it would not leave any room for a PS3 or any Audio upgrade for quite some time.

It is hard to read all the great 508xda reviews and not be impressed with the potential - but it is a bit hard to compare screen in store to get a good first hand experience.

Realistically how do the pana 50px80a and 50pz800a stack up against to 508? is the difference to a 50px80a really worth $600-$700?

Also, I am a bit concerned about the inbuilt tuner in the 508. Is the channel change really as slow (5-8 sec) as people report?

Yes, channel changing is slow, around 5 seconds or so. But since there aren't that many channels (let alone anything worth watching nowadays), this isn't much of a problem for me.

If you can afford the 508XD, by all means get that one, I never heard one single person complained about how they should've just bought a cheaper alternative.

PS: I don't know where you looked, but I'm surprised you can still find a $2700 priced 508XD on stock. Get it while it's still there.

Edited by djmm

I have had a look around and there seem to be a few 508xda still available in the $2700-$2850 price range.

Where, pray tell? They are as rare as rocking horse doo doo.

Where, pray tell? They are as rare as rocking horse doo doo.

They are cancelled orders. they have to be found by going into the shop, seeing the relevant dept mgr an asking him/her specifically - ring em, and you'll get - "nup, all sold out"

I'm a channel surfer, and I decided against a kuro on the basis of the tuner - would drive me spare

fotr a comparo, simpl do a 42" kuro versus the panasionic - thats like for like

Guest EZYHD
Realistically how do the pana 50px80a and 50pz800a stack up against to 508? is the difference to a 50px80a really worth $600-$700?

You need to take into account with the Pio's they include delivery, instal and a full 5 years "factory" warranty. I have the previous 507xda love it.

As others say... its dam hard to find a negative remark about the Pioneers. I use a Beyonwiz S1 STB with mine and ch switch instantly.

As others say... its dam hard to find a negative remark about the Pioneers. I use a Beyonwiz S1 STB with mine and ch switch instantly.

sorry to be a pessimist but there is one negative with the Pio the tuner is not up to it. no EPG either. apart from that as a panel its the best.

so if you have a set top box/dvr/pvr etc it is indeed the best.

Yeah if you are channel surfer with little patient, I think Pioneer will drive you crazy. Either get a different TV or buy a HD set top box for the Kuro.

I am pushing my budget to get a 508xda @ $2700 and it would not leave any room for a PS3 or any Audio upgrade for quite some time.

It is hard to read all the great 508xda reviews and not be impressed with the potential - but it is a bit hard to compare screen in store to get a good first hand experience.

Also, I am a bit concerned about the inbuilt tuner in the 508. Is the channel change really as slow (5-8 sec) as people report?

if there are any 508's you don't go for then please let us know where they are to be found. There would be finders fee in it for you.

i have two friends who are JB managers and they haven't been able to source me one, and another friend who until recently did work for pioneer who wasn't able to get me one either.

if there are any 508's you don't go for then please let us know where they are to be found. There would be finders fee in it for you.

i have two friends who are JB managers and they haven't been able to source me one, and another friend who until recently did work for pioneer who wasn't able to get me one either.

spoke to clive peters at casula over the phone on sunday to check if they have available for a friend. was told they have one display 508 left. was quated 2999 but you can do better. got mine from their two months ago for 2699.

spoke to clive peters at casula over the phone on sunday to check if they have available for a friend. was told they have one display 508 left. was quated 2999 but you can do better. got mine from their two months ago for 2699.

thanks.

I should be more specific. Looking for one in Melb. Will pay $100 to anyone who can find me one priced at $2800 or below for a new one, $2700 for display.

How does the IQ compare between the Beyonwiz and Pio tuners? I was gonna find me a P1 now and get the screen soon.

Guest EZYHD
How does the IQ compare between the Beyonwiz and Pio tuners? I was gonna find me a P1 now and get the screen soon.

BW is faster IMO.

I went into JB Hifi in Macquarie Centre today and was told that they still have 5 in stock.

Normal price is $3,000 but they currently have 10% off plasmas in case anyone is interested.

There seem to be no new stock available in my area, but I have seen a few sets still on the floor. I would estimate they have been on the floor for at least 4 months.

Is it worth trying to get a floor stock?

What things should be looked for to ensure it has not been "abused"?

What do you think would be a reasonable price?

bump

Its rude to bump,anyway about the only thing you need to check is make sure there is no burn in or image retention on the panel other than that things should be sweet.

jb in melb city (lonsdale st) has some 508 ex demos for abt $2600...

Hi,

This is Vikram. would you be able you send me a copy of your receipt?

vikram777 at gmail dot com

Hi,

This is Vikram. would you be able you send me a copy of your receipt?

vikram777 at gmail dot com

mate 508 is out the door, you would be looking at the 509 now

Anyone looking for a pdp-508xda - go to JB at Miranda - As of yesterday Sunday 22/03/2009, there is one display model for sale at $2699.

I am familiar with this store, and it has only just come onto the floor, so I asked where it appeared from and was told:

1. It was a customer return;

2. It may have gotten lost out the back;

Considering this model has been sold out in Australia for like 8 months, there is obviously a history to the panel.

I would be checking the hours of usage, however, you still get 5 yr warranty.

You cannot find a better tv for the price, even if it isn't full hd.

Edited by xclusive_gamer

Anyone looking for a pdp-508xda - go to JB at Miranda - As of yesterday Sunday 22/03/2009, there is one display model for sale at $2699.

I am familiar with this store, and it has only just come onto the floor, so I asked where it appeared from and was told:

1. It was a customer return;

2. It may have gotten lost out the back;

Considering this model has been sold out in Australia for like 8 months, there is obviously a history to the panel.

I would be checking the hours of usage, however, you still get 5 yr warranty.

You cannot find a better tv for the price, even if it isn't full hd.

Paid that much brand new,if it has few hours and comes with full warranty would be a good buy for about 2k.Great tv btw.