Sign in to follow this  
morricio

Pioneer Kuro 508xda Price Thread

For those in perth I see in 'the west" today Kambos sale has 2 50'pioneers for $2450 and the 60" for $7500(not sure what price people are picking these up for)

p.Ad states 1 only 60' so you need to be quick.

Edited by wheelz

Guest EZYHD
For those in perth I see in 'the west" today Kambos sale has 2 50'pioneers for $2450 and the 60" for $7500(not sure what price people are picking these up for)

A 60" Pioneer for $7.5K is is really an awesome price, best I've seen is $9K anywhere.

Went with my daughter and bought a 508 today. $2800.

Was told it was one of the last 5 in Perth.

good move lyle, i hope she is going to show you how to use it :lol:

good move lyle, i hope she is going to show you how to use it :lol:
It will be intersting to see how it compares to my 50MXE20!!

It will be intersting to see how it compares to my 50MXE20!!

you might want to swap !! :)

A 60" Pioneer for $7.5K is is really an awesome price, best I've seen is $9K anywhere.

Yeah i guess but how can Pio justify even 7.5 k? An extra 5k for 10 inches more?? Seems a bit steep to me. I'm happy with my 50 thanks Pio :)

Yeah i guess but how can Pio justify even 7.5 k? An extra 5k for 10 inches more?? Seems a bit steep to me. I'm happy with my 50 thanks Pio :)
Yes, but it's 10 inches on the diagonal. That adds a lot to the width and height.

Makes for an awesome screen.

Are there any known problems with the PDP508xda?
Both crushed black and reds is known about but a calibration can fix.

If it bothers you. Most people don't seem to mind.

Didn't stop me recommending it to my daughter tho. :rolleyes:

you might want to swap !! :)
I doubt it very much! Despite what others might tell you it is MHO that the 50MXE is a better plasma.

I would happily pay 5k for an extra 10inches!!! ;)

I would happily pay 5k for an extra 10inches!!! ;)

i was waiting for someone to say that !!

I doubt it very much! Despite what others might tell you it is MHO that the 50MXE is a better plasma.

Whats the deal with the MXE ? Better contrast etc? Dont know anything about that model other than it doesnt have an inbuilt tuner and its a couple of years old maybe.

its really only another $2k or there abouts if you want to compare apples and apples. I'm yet to see an LX508 go for $2.5K

Edited by WhiteGuM

Whats the deal with the MXE ? Better contrast etc? Dont know anything about that model other than it doesnt have an inbuilt tuner and its a couple of years old maybe.
Just a superb Pioneer plasma that's all. Easy to calibrate and does not suffer from any of the problems of it's non-commercial brothers. Very high anti burnin and image retention. Superb colours and good blacks (not crushed). Ahead if it's time in that when Pioneer went from the 507 to the 508 they saw no need to update the 50MXE20. Ask someone like Aaron at AVICAL what he thinks of it.

Just a superb Pioneer plasma that's all. Easy to calibrate and does not suffer from any of the problems of it's non-commercial brothers. Very high anti burnin and image retention. Superb colours and good blacks (not crushed). Ahead if it's time in that when Pioneer went from the 507 to the 508 they saw no need to update the 50MXE20. Ask someone like Aaron at AVICAL what he thinks of it.

ok fair enough, thanks for the response Lyle

ok fair enough, thanks for the response Lyle
No worries.

I can be just as proud (and one-eyed) as the next guy around here! :winky:

Clive Peters Auburn refused to quote me on Pioneer PDP-508XDA as they say stock has discontinued and they were not going to receive anymore. They were trying to sell me a FULL HD Panasonic Plasma TH-50PZ700A instead, $2888 with only 1 year warantee. Extended warantee was an extra $415 for extra 4 years. Totalling $3303.

Another interesting point the salesman made about warantee was that most other stores like Myers only provides warantee upto the buying price of the unit. For example, if you bought a plasma for say $3000 and it costs $1000 dollars to fix, after 3 visits the warrantee is void. You are not covered on the 4th visit even when it is within the warantee period. Clive Peters salesman says his warantee will continue to cover you no matter what over the warantee period. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

Clive Peters Auburn refused to quote me on Pioneer PDP-508XDA as they say stock has discontinued and they were not going to receive anymore. They were trying to sell me a FULL HD Panasonic Plasma TH-50PZ700A instead, $2888 with only 1 year warantee. Extended warantee was an extra $415 for extra 4 years. Totalling $3303.

Another interesting point the salesman made about warantee was that most other stores like Myers only provides warantee upto the buying price of the unit. For example, if you bought a plasma for say $3000 and it costs $1000 dollars to fix, after 3 visits the warrantee is void. You are not covered on the 4th visit even when it is within the warantee period. Clive Peters salesman says his warantee will continue to cover you no matter what over the warantee period. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

The good thing with the Myer's extended warranty is the no lemon (multiple failure), i think if its repaired 3 times it will be replaced.

The good thing with the Myer's extended warranty is the no lemon (multiple failure), i think if its repaired 3 times it will be replaced.

Yup. So you get a brand new one, unlike CP's where they will keep fixing your TV.

A lemon will always be a lemon no matter how many times you fix it. ^_^

when you decide on the TV you are going to get and where you are buying from, just check the extended warranty policy document to make an informed decision.

If I could get my hands on a 508XDA should I get it or wait for the LX to potentially drop in price?

I know the 508 isn't 1080p but then again how much TV will i be able to watch at 1080p?

What would be a good price for a 508XDA? I know I have probably missed the 508 boat and have little chance of getting one but I thought I might take a look

Cheers

If I could get my hands on a 508XDA should I get it or wait for the LX to potentially drop in price?

I know the 508 isn't 1080p but then again how much TV will i be able to watch at 1080p?

What would be a good price for a 508XDA? I know I have probably missed the 508 boat and have little chance of getting one but I thought I might take a look

Cheers

Just bought one for $2800.

They may be getting hard to find.

As to 1080p depends how close you plan to sit.

Feed a 1080 source into it and sit at 3+ metres and it is superb.

Just bought one for $2800.

They may be getting hard to find.

As to 1080p depends how close you plan to sit.

Feed a 1080 source into it and sit at 3+ metres and it is superb.

Cheers

I'm a little confused about what 1365 by 768 exactly means versus Full HD?

Cheers

"full HD" is actually 1920x1080 resolution. Dun worry there is very little difference unless you sit VERY close to the panel.

Cheers

1920 x 1080 = panel accepts HD signals and displays HD signals at their transmitted native resolution

1366 x 768 = panel accepts HD signals and downscales HD signals to the panels native resolution