Sign in to follow this  
morricio

Pioneer Kuro 508xda Price Thread

I REALLY need to start saving now! Buying a TV worth more than 3K for 3K is something I want to be a part of!! :-D

Just paid $2099 for Pioneer 508XDA . Before everyone gets to excited or unbelieving I had better add that I was given a $1000 store credit because my old Samsung CRT was unable to be repaired because of parts unavailability. Still $3099 is still not a bad price eh. Haven't received invoice or TV yet as it is being organised through JBHIFI'S commercial division in Victoria. I believe it is being delivered from JB Macgregor Qld store.My first post.

Just paid $2099 for Pioneer 508XDA . Before everyone gets to excited or unbelieving I had better add that I was given a $1000 store credit because my old Samsung CRT was unable to be repaired because of parts unavailability. Still $3099 is still not a bad price eh. Haven't received invoice or TV yet as it is being organised through JBHIFI'S commercial division in Victoria. I believe it is being delivered from JB Macgregor Qld store.My first post.

Welcome to the forums. And congrats on getting such a top-line TV for a jaw-dropping price!!

Hi,

It's me that got it for $3000. I did not come back to this forum for few days. I can send copy of the receipt if you want it.

I'm new here, and can't PM just yet. So please email me to whitney.fung at gmail.com with subject: Receipt.

Regards,

Whitney

Edited to say: Elmo1, Feenix, receipt sent.

thank you...received email. :D

I'm in a dillema. I don't know what to save for first - this wonderful TV, or a modern PC (comes to about 3.1K at present). I was leaning towards the TV seeing as Pioneer are no longer making them. Is that a good move or should I go for the PC instead?

I'm in a dillema. I don't know what to save for first - this wonderful TV, or a modern PC (comes to about 3.1K at present). I was leaning towards the TV seeing as Pioneer are no longer making them. Is that a good move or should I go for the PC instead?

Yeah I know what you're going through. I had the same problem a few months ago but did a lot of crawling and sweet talking to my wife. Somehow it worked and I have managed to get both.(I must admit I only bought a cheap computer).

Can't say it's worked for me every time though. I'm not rich by any means, but was fortunate enough to get paid out some long service leave when I left my job. All the best. Sounds like a toss of the coin job.

thank you...received email. :D

No problems. I will have mine delivered and installed on Wed. Can't wait.

Hello to you all.

I have been looking at the 508xda in many stores but havent seen them showing free to air channels. Can any of you that have one of these tell me the picture quality. I realise that i can go into a store and get them to change it to FTA but thought i would ask owners opinions.

Just for interest sake was given a price over the phone of $3100-00 by HN without any haggling so thought that was interesting considering the price of these 4 months ago stated on this site.

Thanking you in advance

Anyone??

Edited by spalmills

Depends which one is worse! If you have a 48cm CRT go the TV :P If you have a PC running at 600mhz with 128 RAM go the PC :D

If it was me Id go the TV like you said at least you know your going to get one of the best flat panels on the market. PCs can be made however you want and gotten any time. One POV anyway.

Cheers

Depends which one is worse! If you have a 48cm CRT go the TV :P If you have a PC running at 600mhz with 128 RAM go the PC :D

If it was me Id go the TV like you said at least you know your going to get one of the best flat panels on the market. PCs can be made however you want and gotten any time. One POV anyway.

Cheers

Fortunately, I have a Samsung Slimfit HDTV and a PC bought back in 2003 (the latter of which is streaming to the PS3 and using ADSL2+, so it is doing quite well).

I think I will save for the TV then. The components of the PC will almost always be there, but it seems that the TV might not (again, because of Pio's announcement). Plus, my old Samsung is still in working order, and after I acquire th 508XDA, I could sell the Samsung for a few hundred to someone, thus slightly increasing funds for the PC.

Hello to you all.

I have been looking at the 508xda in many stores but havent seen them showing free to air channels. Can any of you that have one of these tell me the picture quality. I realise that i can go into a store and get them to change it to FTA but thought i would ask owners opinions.

Just for interest sake was given a price over the phone of $3100-00 by HN without any haggling so thought that was interesting considering the price of these 4 months ago stated on this site.

Thanking you in advance

Anyone??

anyone at all?????

hi yes i know they are considered a great tv but do you have one ? i am interested in comments from owners. thanks

Edited by spalmills

hi yes i know they are considered a great tv but do you have one ? i am interested in comments from owners. thanks

yes I do own one, and did a considerable amount of research ,reading forums and straining out the bullshit,before I purchased ,dont forget you did ask the question ,and nobody else responded x2

thanks samm, i wasnt meaning to sound rude on your reply , but you didnt mention that you owned one. so i assumed that you were simply making a comment. I have read that free to air is not that brilliant on the pioneer tuner. any comment on that?

Edited by spalmills

Free to air is brilliant on the 508xda tuner!

The only issue is it takes 3-5 seconds to change between channels, but the picture quality makes up for the slowness.

Thanks Morricio, heading down to look at one today and if its good i might get it. Bit of a turn off about the 5 second delay on changing channels though. Seems ridiculous in this day and age, must be a reason for it i'm sure.

Free to air is brilliant on the 508xda tuner!

The only issue is it takes 3-5 seconds to change between channels, but the picture quality makes up for the slowness.

My Sharp 32" LCD in the bedroom takes that long to change between channels too. Not that fussed on the time it takes. If that's the main gripe of the Pioneers...then that's good. :)

Currently got retailer down to $3100-00 with component cables thrown in. Stilll going to knock him down some more tomorrow, ran out of time today

bump.. prices... need prices...

best so far from local WOW store is $3400 on interest free and an amazing $3100 cash. HN was @ $3350 for cash.

Guest teflon

Called up Clive Peeters Aspley. They were willing to do $3200 over the phone - didn't specifiy cash or interest free though but I suspect the former. This was a similar price to their 4 day sale 2 weekends ago. I imagine if you go in face to face they'd be willing to go lower (especially for cash/card).

Clive Peeters (Richmond, Vic) verbally agreed to $3050 today (2 of us are buying) saying they didn't want us to go anywhere else just for the sake of $20-30 (apparently business is slow, and they now have a good relationship selling Pioneer), so we're going back tomorrow to close the deal and see if we can squeeze them down any further.

Only delayed the purchase a day to double-check the wife's happiness factor first... :P

JB hifi had it for about $3650 with a "Make an offer" comment below it in yesterday's catalogue.

JB hifi had it for about $3650 with a "Make an offer" comment below it in yesterday's catalogue.

I saw that. Also Clive Peeter's had the same model for $4,600 :blink: