Pioneer Kuro 508xda Price Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(PominSydney @ Feb 26 2008, 02:39 PM)

Went into Bing Lee today and asked their best price .. the first price they came back with was $3,150 ... so imagine with a bit of bargaining cheaper still ... this price has certainly gone down over the last week or so ... wow!

Based on that initial talk I would say $3,050 is now the place to be at for this TV

Hi mate, great price - can I ask which store that was? I want to pay them a visit on the w/e!

Brian from Bing Lee in Rhodes Shopping Centre, NSW gave me that price and they have stock ... I'm, still deciding whether to stick with the Samsung P9 which is approx $500 cheaper and a free LCD ... I did see the P9 showing standard TV (not HD channels) and it actually looked pretty good considering ... haven't seen what SD looks like on the XDA yet so not sure if to swap as majority of viewing will be on Foxtel

Went into a Warehouse sales store and tried for a $3050 prince match from a Good Guys store on the 508XDA the best they could offer was $3150.

Salesman claimed their buy price was around $3180 and that they were in the same buying group as the GG's, but he did confirm that if you can get a set for $3050 then take it because its a very good price...

Still to go and pester Hardley Normal

Are you guys haggling down to $3K for these?

Yes. That's the one I got. I called them and asked them to beat $3050. The guy asked if I will pay deposit over the phone if he can get a price I accept. I said yes if it's under 3k. He called me back to say he can do 3k.

Guest Feenix

Hi all, went shopping today...had settled on the Sam P9 due to the Pio being 4k...so glad I read this thread. Could someone please send a receipt copy to robsmail@internode.on.net so that I can resume haggling tomorrow.

Cheers

Hi all, went shopping today...had settled on the Sam P9 due to the Pio being 4k...so glad I read this thread.

Cheers

I don't think this thread has helped you much if you still reckon the Pio is 4k. :blink:

Dropped into HN in Fountain Gate and with not too much effort got them to beat the 508XDA $3050 price match without even needing a receipt...

They offered it for $3000 too easy!!!

Now have to see if local store can beat this..

went into Hardley Normal today and saw the 508XDA for $3990 which is RRP. Are you guys haggling down to $3K for these? There was a 40 month interest free promotion on so I suppose that's why it was RRP.

A friend just picked one up on Saturday for $3200 on 40 months interest free.

Hi all, went shopping today...had settled on the Sam P9 due to the Pio being 4k...so glad I read this thread. Could someone please send a receipt copy to robsmail@internode.on.net so that I can resume haggling tomorrow.

Cheers

Could I ask the same thing please? In the process of doing the same thing. smileyreeko@hotmail.com

I wonder if they will go down to the same price up here in North QLD.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help?

Also, in regards to the free delivery and installation(unfortunately not applicable to me due to being outside of the accepted area), I noticed on the Pioneer webiste that you have a choice of Desk Stand or Wall Mount to choose from. Does that mean they provide a wall mount as part of the package?

Has anyone got proof, such as a receipt for $3000, I have rung around, even the shops that have given those prices others have quoted, and can't get near $3000.

Clive Anthony said over the phone last week that they would beat $3076 as previously quoted here, but when I went in it was $3300? WTF!

Also, in regards to the free delivery and installation(unfortunately not applicable to me due to being outside of the accepted area), I noticed on the Pioneer webiste that you have a choice of Desk Stand or Wall Mount to choose from. Does that mean they provide a wall mount as part of the package?

Yup, so effectively I save approx $100 on a mount, $100 for installation and delivery, and another $250 on the additional 4 years warranty.

off topic for a sec...will this model fit a universal wall mount. If it does, I'm just thinking that maybe I might take the stand as my current 42 inch what is wall mounted will be replaced by this TV. Feedback anybody?

Thanks in advance. :D

off topic for a sec...will this model fit a universal wall mount. If it does, I'm just thinking that maybe I might take the stand as my current 42 inch what is wall mounted will be replaced by this TV. Feedback anybody?

Thanks in advance. :D

The universal mount should fit all or most TVs. Not an issue there.

Only thing you have to worry about is whether the 508XDA stand fits into your 42" TV.

Hi all, went shopping today...had settled on the Sam P9 due to the Pio being 4k...so glad I read this thread.

Cheers

I don't think this thread has helped you much if you still reckon the Pio is 4k. :blink:

no, if you read his post closely you'll see that he HAD settled on the Samsung as he thought the Pioneer was 4K, so he is glad now that he read this thread as now the Pio is in his price range..........

The universal mount should fit all or most TVs. Not an issue there.

Only thing you have to worry about is whether the 508XDA stand fits into your 42" TV.

no worries on that one, I still have the original stand for then outgoing 42inch.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Guest Feenix
no, if you read his post closely you'll see that he HAD settled on the Samsung as he thought the Pioneer was 4K, so he is glad now that he read this thread as now the Pio is in his price range..........

<chuckle> thnx berlinchair...I was going to let it through to the keeper, but it did seem a surprising (and inaccurate) dig!

by the way..seems that 3K price tag is impossible to get in Adelaide...the best I have been able to achieve is 3400 at Harveys...still a good price but almost worth using frequent flyer points to fly to Melbourne to purchase :wacko:

cheers

<chuckle> thnx berlinchair...I was going to let it through to the keeper, but it did seem a surprising (and inaccurate) dig!

by the way..seems that 3K price tag is impossible to get in Adelaide...the best I have been able to achieve is 3400 at Harveys...still a good price but almost worth using frequent flyer points to fly to Melbourne to purchase :wacko:

cheers

Yeah, the only people getting $3k on here have only joined the forum a day or 2 before posting their price, and no replies for receipts.

False quotes to push the price down?

I have rung the same stores that these prices have apparently come from and still can't get a match.

Please tell me I am wrong.

Yeah, the only people getting $3k on here have only joined the forum a day or 2 before posting their price, and no replies for receipts.

I have rung the same stores that these prices have apparently come from and still can't get a match.

Well, I called Clive Peeters in Richmond yesterday to get a best price. Got them down to $3000 cash or $3200 on 24 months IF.

Bing Lee Rhodes(Sydney-02-9743-6622) $3100 (table-top). Dealt with Tomme (0408-998-989 ) Ordered on phone on Thursday 28thFeb (credit card 20% dep ), paid balance in a different Bing Lee store on Friday. Pioneer rang on Thurs28th & arranged delivery for Monday morning. Didn't try very hard to get below the $3100, was happy with that. Very happy with Tomme & Pioneer & great tv. Use "Brendan" as your reference with Tomme if you want. Thanks to all forum posters for your help. :)

Hi,

It's me that got it for $3000. I did not come back to this forum for few days. I can send copy of the receipt if you want it.

I'm new here, and can't PM just yet. So please email me to whitney.fung at gmail.com with subject: Receipt.

Regards,

Whitney

Edited to say: Elmo1, Feenix, receipt sent.

Edited by s h o w