Pioneer Kuro 508xda Price Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JB Hi-Fi Melbourne has removed their demo model from the floor.. not sure about Myer Melbourne tho (theirs, last time I checked, was prominantly setup on display complete with a dedicated couch as you walk through to the TV display area).

I think I might have missed the boat on this one... might go for a 1080p projector instead.

I think the LX will fall below $4000 when the new model is released. If the Sony price war does happen then it's almost a given Pio will respond in Kind.

I have visited both sites and no news so far. Sony are doing their usual cash back offers but no obvious drop in price.

I"ll update if I hear anything. I'm hanging out to update my CRT but I will wait until I believe I'm getting value for money.

I agree Davio I am just contemplating whther it will be best to scout down a good price in June at end of financial year sales or wait till the Olympics and stores may be over stocked. I don't know how many stores will stock the LX508a for the Olympics though, they'll probably go for cheaper models to make more sales?

Chris P

OK I thought I put in my sixpence for what it's worth. I'm in Perth and I've been watching the XDA & LX. Rick Hart in Osbourn Park has both the 50/60 1080p panels on display.

DJs had it as the show piece to their Bose display even though they couldn't sell it. Bose chose the best to go with their equipment.

Bose need more than a flash tv to make their speakers sound good!!!!!

(I know, i'm off topic, sorry)

Wags

Bought mine today from David Jones in Chadstone SC (VIC). $2909. Listed at 3299$. Mid-June delivery. They're still taking orders. Don't try to haggle too much, the guy after us we watched as he tried to argue that he could get it at JB for $2500, but he ended up paying $3050 for his. Everyone's aware there's nothing much left in stock so the playing field's limited for negotiation. Just be pleasant and they'll knock a bit off the top. Otherwise it seems you'll get penalised ;) No Soup For You!

(JB Dandenong tried to flog me the demo floor model at not a dollar less than 2999. JB staff **** me, sales staff are a bit too cock sure of themselves.)

Edited by tuckerm

Today’s new JB-HIFI catalogue in Adelaide has the 508xda listed for $2,999 with limited stock. I will be ringing every store to get some more details on this.

Like to know what JB HI-FI Marion had to say if you gave them a call.

hey all...

i work in a retail outlet and in the tv department.... i can tell u that David Jones mite have some left in there warehouse and are still taking orders.... the ticket price is $3299 for the 50" but can be haggled down to about $2800....pm or email me for more details rookie_hoff_tour@hotmail.com

Guest EZYHD
Wow this has to be the longest period without a post in this thread, 1 week!

Nup, site was down Friday lost a few days of threads.

Can anyone confirm when the shipment of Pioneers is meant to arrive. I am hoping to get one before 8/8/08 Olympics. Willing to pay $2700.

Hi, Pioneer told me shipment is due in on 3rd/4th June.(mine is on it). If you can get a store to take an order just be certain of refund policy if they are unable to obtain stock. Was told by DJ's that all the June shipment has already been sold, though i cannot CONFIRM that this is true. Just be aware you may not get one on this shipment, dont know when the next shipment after that is though. You can ring PIONEER customer service and they will tell you when and whats available.

Dont hope for too much of a discount below the retail of $2999. Being in short supply means price isnt as neg.

You know, I've been thinking about this, if the retailers are really selling this model "below cost" or at "cost price" or "near cost price" or "we only got 30 bucks profit from it", then I mean, if it is true, why would they bother to order more for you just for this little profit?

I mean considering the paperworks and all that, I don't think that will translate to much profit if any at all. Plus, if I were the retailer and it was true I'd only get $30 from current price of Kuro, why the heck would I order more of this end of line and heavily discounted TV just to get so little profit, when I can just tell them, it's sold out, so the customers can just choose the other brands or model which are not heavily discounted thus giving me more profit?

So maybe either the retailers are not telling the truth, meaning they get more than that, or they just take the orders but the TVs might never even be delivered anymore (and giving you the excuse and offer you 'substitute' brand instead), or they are really not that smart, having all the troubles to order a discontinued line just for so little, if at all, profit?

Edited by djmm

You know, I've been thinking about this, if the retailers are really selling this model "below cost" or at "cost price" or "near cost price" or "we only got 30 bucks profit from it", then I mean, if it is true, why would they bother to order more for you just for this little profit?

I mean considering the paperworks and all that, I don't think that will translate to much profit if any at all. Plus, if I were the retailer and it was true I'd only get $30 from current price of Kuro, why the heck would I order more of this end of line and heavily discounted TV just to get so little profit, when I can just tell them, it's sold out, so the customers can just choose the other brands or model which are not heavily discounted thus giving me more profit?

So maybe either the retailers are not telling the truth, meaning they get more than that, or they just take the orders but the TVs might never even be delivered anymore (and giving you the excuse and offer you 'substitute' brand instead), or they are really not that smart, having all the troubles to order a discontinued line just for so little, if at all, profit?

Ever heard of Manufacturer REBATES - the more you sell the more you get back, usually based on a $ per unit

Happens in every industry - Telco, Motor, HiFi, HT, Consumer - this practice has been around since even before I started selling.

Wow this has to be the longest period without a post in this thread, 1 week!

has the 508XDA lost its shine or has stock just dried up?

quote]

I think the lack of posts mainly reflects the fact that if someone hasnt already ordered & paid for an Xda then they will have very small chance of getting one now!

Everyone Ive spoken too seems to be saying the entire next (& last shipment ) of the Xda have been pre-sold.

Seems strange timing to me for Pioneer not to bring in more of these extremely popular screens prior to he olympics - but since when did the timing of AV technology ever make any sense? :rolleyes:

Edited by gamma male

Guest iann

I understand that when you buy a Pioneer Plasma TV, the price also includes a 5 years warranty, delivery and installation.

So who actually delivers and installs it?

Is it the shop where you bought it from, or does it come directly from Pioneer who then send their own installer?

Do shops keep stock of Pioneer, or do they order them from Pioneer as needed?

I've only just stumbled across the 508XDA but it appears I may be too late now.

I understand that when you buy a Pioneer Plasma TV, the price also includes a 5 years warranty, delivery and installation.

So who actually delivers and installs it?

Is it the shop where you bought it from, or does it come directly from Pioneer who then send their own installer?

Do shops keep stock of Pioneer, or do they order them from Pioneer as needed?

I've only just stumbled across the 508XDA but it appears I may be too late now.

Pioneer use contractors to do the delivery and install. The guys that did mine have their own Home Theatre Install business as do the others i would assume.

Most stores generally have them in stock ( depending on the model - you will have trouble finding a 508xda)