Pioneer Kuro 508xda Price Thread

Could I please ask for some people who bought at $2700 or less to email me a copy of their receipt to bender(at)iinet.net.au ? It doesn't need to be from a Perth retailer either.

The more receipts sent to me the better because I intend to print them all out and show a local salesman that the great price wasn't just a one-off thing.

Thanks.

I didn't even get one receipt. :( Please, someone send me one?

Thanks.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest quannie
Yes, achjimmy, a small fraction of my new TV comes out of your pocket :lol::lol:

Could someone from melbourne send me a receipt please? My email is quannie@tpg.com.au.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Can't wait to get one of these....

Wow... I started this thread back in January, after i had just picked up a 508xda for $3850.

This thing has exploded! less than 4 months later the price was down to $2700. That's Ridiculous.

28 out of the 43 thread pages have been created in the last 2 weeks.

I'd say the price dropping strategy has spurred interest... to say the least!

Wow... I started this thread back in January, after i had just picked up a 508xda for $3850.

This thing has exploded! less than 4 months later the price was down to $2700. That's Ridiculous.

I hope Pioneer see the error in their pricing and future generations of panels come out closer to the competition in price. As pointed out in a previous post most people are willing to pay a premium for quality but there is a limit and it is around 30% - 40% to the next best.

In this case $2700 is pretty good considering the quality of the panel, warranty, delivery and installation. Comes out close in price to a Panasonic and this panel craps all over the Panasonic. I actually do think $2700 is a little on the generous side and anything up to $3k is a good price for this panel and a retail price of $3499 probably sits best but this is just my opinion based on current market prices.

There will always be the early adopters who don't mind paying but the majority just can't afford it especially in the current climate.

Maybe now they are going with Panasonic glass then this will be addressed, yet to be seen

Edited by marsupial

Wow... who knows another 4 months it would even drop to $2,300 range. I mean especially considering by the time new Panny hits the market and the new Pioneer would only just be released around US around that time...

I actually do think $2700 is a little on the generous side and anything up to $3k is a good price for this panel and a retail price of $3499 probably sits best but this is just my opinion based on current market prices.

Yes, the $2700 is a very good price and that is based upon the retailer getting a rebate from Pio for each unit sold. ATM Sony, Samsung, LG and others are offering CashBack deals so Pio has decided to provide better pricing directly to the consumer rather than the marketing offers others are employing.

In the long run all the units are within a few $'s of each other, the quality ones will win the game with the greatest sales.

Some news for you XDA owners:

I have been waiting a couple of weeks for my LX so I called Pioneer this morning regarding a delivery date. Apparently mine will be here this week sometime (panels in Brisbane, accessories in Melbourne), so I enquired about the mid May date some people have been getting and this is what she said.

The long delay is only at this stage affecting XDA owners.

People that ordered last week and before should be getting their panels next week. Any that ordered up until 11am yesterday will be waiting till May, anyone up until 5PM will be waiting till June and anyone from now on will have to wait till the new panels get released in October.

Some news for you XDA owners:

I have been waiting a couple of weeks for my LX so I called Pioneer this morning regarding a delivery date. Apparently mine will be here this week sometime (panels in Brisbane, accessories in Melbourne), so I enquired about the mid May date some people have been getting and this is what she said.

The long delay is only at this stage affecting XDA owners.

People that ordered last week and before should be getting their panels next week. Any that ordered up until 11am yesterday will be waiting till May, anyone up until 5PM will be waiting till June and anyone from now on will have to wait till the new panels get released in October.

I just spoke with the saleperson at David Jones whom I placed an order with on Sunday, and he rang his Pioneer rep who said that whoever orders a pdp508xda panel will definately recieve one. The rep says the length of time all depends on the organisation who purchases them (e.g DJ's, Myer, JB Hifi etc), as some of them try to order enough to last another 3 - 6 months, and Pioneer can't meed those needs. The DJ's saleperson explained that mine will take 2 - 3 weeks to be delivered as DJ's are getting a special air freight order.

Apparently the Rep also said that Pioneer aren't using panasonic panels in their TVs until 2010. So any New panel which gets released later this year will still be a pioneer panel.

Not sure who is telling the truth now?

Apparently the Rep also said that Pioneer aren't using panasonic panels in their TVs until 2010. So any New panel which gets released later this year will still be a pioneer panel.

This is correct. The next generation will still be Pioneer glass. Do a search and there are a few stories and threads on the subject

I ordered one from JB HIfi a week and a half ago but now i am second guessing whether i should go with the TV.

Should i get a proper 1080p set instead like a samsung or a panasonic for example for a similar price.

How does blu-ray look downscaled compared to native 1080p on the samsuny or panasonic sets?

Edited by angrymonkey

I ordered one from JB HIfi a week and a half ago but now i am second guessing whether i should go with the TV.

Should i get a proper 1080p set instead like a samsung or a panasonic for example for a similar price.

How does blu-ray look downscaled compared to native 1080p on the samsuny or panasonic sets?

hi angrymonkey,

Well I am biased as I have just had an 508XDA installed, however I am convinced that the 720p picture on the pio is every bit as good or even better than the 1080p picture on my mates 52 inch Bravia. So fwiw, I think you will be very happy with the Pioneer!

Every single review on the Internet says this panel is as good as or better than all 1080P TV's out there except for the Pioneer LX and even then when the 508XDA is calibrated properley the installer told me it is as good as the LX.

Just remember that even though the pio has less resolution, because it's black levels are so good, you will see more detail (resolution) in dark areas. I watched blu-rays on it and it's incredible. All reviews I've read say the 508XDA is basically only bettered by the LX508A.

If you main video source is HD-DVD or Bluray then I think you should go for Samsung. Samsung is actually

brilliant with 1080p sources but you will probably find on HDTV and SD-DVD Pioneer will be the better

option. Both HDTV and SD-DVD will require a bit more video processing and Pioneer has much better image

processing capability than both Panasonic and Samsung.

If you main video source is HD-DVD or Bluray then I think you should go for Samsung. Samsung is actually

brilliant with 1080p sources but you will probably find on HDTV and SD-DVD Pioneer will be the better

option. Both HDTV and SD-DVD will require a bit more video processing and Pioneer has much better image

processing capability than both Panasonic and Samsung.

I think that you forgot to mention that this was was just your opinion. As many reviews have shown the 508 was the panel of choice whether shown on Blu Ray , HD VDV or SD DVD.

Having one myself I couldnt think of a better picture to look at (which is of course my opinion).

Edited by spalmills

I just spoke with the saleperson at David Jones whom I placed an order with on Sunday, and he rang his Pioneer rep who said that whoever orders a pdp508xda panel will definately recieve one. The rep says the length of time all depends on the organisation who purchases them (e.g DJ's, Myer, JB Hifi etc), as some of them try to order enough to last another 3 - 6 months, and Pioneer can't meed those needs. The DJ's saleperson explained that mine will take 2 - 3 weeks to be delivered as DJ's are getting a special air freight order.

yeah i know someone who works at a retailer and their pioneer rep also said that they werent going to be using panasonic glass until 2010. its a good time to buy now i think!

I think that you forgot to mention that this was was just your opinion. As many reviews have shown the 508 was the panel of choice whether shown on Blu Ray , HD VDV or SD DVD.

Having one myself I couldnt think of a better picture to look at (which is of course my opinion).

Sorry, Sapmills didn't I say ' I think' when I posted before and that shall be a clear indication that is my opinion. In my opinion it does not matter how well the video processing is done when you downscale an Full HD image to fit a screen that is not Full HD you are downgrading the final picture. I think Samsung is a very capable Full HD panel and it is a brilliant Full HD panel that is suited for

Full HD stuff like Bluray and HD-DVD. I have seen both panels 508xda would not be my choice of panel if I want to see a Full HD plasma in its full glory. Take it easy mate. This forum is here for other to express diferent opinions.

Happy to send a copy iGGi, but for some reason I can't seem to send PM's - I'm new here (but not to forums) and it says that I'm not "allowed to use the message feature", even though I'm registered? Looked for answers in help but that didn't, um, well, help.

Can you reveal your email addy and I'll get it off to you tonight.

All the others asking for copies (cuneas, Ali AR, kidhazy, slider17), I'm onto it now. Good luck to you all!

Edit: Figured out why I can't PM - too new! More ways to skin a cat though....

Hi, just wondering whether you could also send me a copy to kyebuy@gmail.com. thanks in advance.