Pioneer Kuro 508xda Price Thread

Hey Koaz, because it was worth the extra money. It just simply looked a lot better. I knew that from the start, it just if the difference was worth it. Saw them standing side by side at the store. Rest is history so to speak.

And the folks on the other thread (where I specifically asked for opinions) did help a lot :)

Yes in agree. Went to purchase a tv couple of weeks ago, mainly was interested in lcd's, but when i spotted the pioneer i decided to wait a little longer so i could save and pay the difference.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made the purchase. Couldnt get it below 3k as I was able to negotiate interest free. Workmate bought one as well so in the end, they couldnt say no to a 6k deal (for two) even if one is on interest free.

Now cant wait for the delivery!

Hi

I am looking at buying the pioneer this weekend. I would really appreciate it if you could you possibly send me a copy of the receipt. Just wondering where you bought it from as well..

Thanks a lot in advance :-)

Hi

I am looking at buying the pioneer this weekend. I would really appreciate it if you could you possibly send me a copy of the receipt. Just wondering where you bought it from as well..

Hi Vibrant check post 194 in this thread. SHOW has kindly provided a link to his receipt for $3k

Hi

Yeah in my case, we didnt even have to show a receipt so I didnt even have to pull out the receipt. Admittedly, it's easier to negotiate when buying 2 panels.

Saw them standing side by side at the store. Rest is history so to speak.

And the folks on the other thread (where I specifically asked for opinions) did help a lot :)

ESM

where did you see them side by side, was it in melbourne by any chance.

all the stores i have been to have them in different places so a bit hard to see them next to each other.

BTW: congratulations.

koaz

So...is the Pioneer 508XDA not a 'full' HD?

What's 'missing' to make it a full HD?

Does anyone know if the Pana 50PX70 is a full HD or not?

thank you

Satz

The 508xda is not 1080P neither is the PanaPX70 the are HD

If you want full HD which is 1080P you would need to look at the Pio LX508 or the Pana PZ700a

ESM

where did you see them side by side, was it in melbourne by any chance.

all the stores i have been to have them in different places so a bit hard to see them next to each other.

BTW: congratulations.

koaz

Am in Sydney man :) Reviews and feedback dont lie. If you're about to make the plunge, pick the Pio if possible.

On the other thread, the "long term investment vs short term wait for a 1080p panel" was a very good argument. In my case, it was a long term thing. Basically, this panel though not full HD, can probably match / beat most full HD panels (plasma or lcd) in terms of PQ. It's been said many times ... not all about the resolution.

And seeing these two side by side was just an icing, an extra. Even if I didnt see them, I would have picked my first choice, the Pio 508XDA. Not even sure why I made the comparison in the first place. Perhaps due to the Pana's pricepoint being unreal. Though am not dissin the Pana in anyway.

Been looking for weeks. Glad its over as "the looking" gets to you after awhile.

Edited by ESM

Hey Koaz, because it was worth the extra money. It just simply looked a lot better. I knew that from the start, it just if the difference was worth it. Saw them standing side by side at the store. Rest is history so to speak.

ESM

I answered my own question:

Went to to HN in QV (Melbourne CBD) and saw the Pio 508XDA next to the Pana 50pz700a.

All i will say is go and have a look for yourselves (Both plasmas had a ticket price of $3999).

For me the Pio had the better picture.

Also i have just noticed that Clef Hifi now well Pioneer plasmas.

Has anyone bought a pio plasma from them and if so did you get a good deal.

Are they still good to deal with ?

I have only been to their old broady store about 5 years ago.

koaz

Guest Doctor Jugs

Have decided on a Pio plasma myself after tossing up between this and a Bravia LCD. The gf made me wait 2weeks after making the decision to be sure that I wouldn't change my mind. No probs it's definitely made up. The two weeks expires this weekend so I'm getting ready to do some bargaining and try to pick one up for the $3000 some people have got when what do I see in the paper today?

Clive Peters B'day sale

Pioneer 508XDA $2999

I'm not even going to have to bargain hard to get the price I want, any bargainings just gonna be for fun. :-)

Now for the hard bit though, finding a cabinet to display the new Telly on.

Hi all,

It may seem a bit selfish to sign up here just to get a copy of receipt. But I used "s n o w" (Whitney)'s receipt and the best price I got is $3300. Maybe I'm not that good in haggling? :( The guy in DJ Market St said they won't match interstate price.

Can anyone in Sydney please send me a receipt around the $3000 mark so that I am better armed for another round of haggling?

My email address is donaldn at tsn.cc

Thanks a lot!

Edited by DonaldN

Guest audiphile

digital centre in melbourne have the LX508A for 5199 with pioneer speakers.

anyone know of any cheaper places ?

i dont want the hassle of signing up for finance and i dont need the speakers!

Edited by audiphile

Hu guys

JB Camberwell have dropped their ticketed price today to match Clive Peters - $2998.

This is a fantastic forum, I greatly appreciate the info I've been able to obtain on here & am now looking forward to the delivery of my Pioneer next week :)

cheers

Aint the forum great? I'm actually waiting for the guys to come and install the 508XDA. Cant wait!

rick hart in perth was advertising these for $2,999 other day, was meant to post this earlier

Looking at getting a 508XDA (here in Perth) very soon... Do you remember where you saw the add, and was it for a specific RH store?

Another successful purchase here .... was agonising over the Pio vs Pana for a couple of weeks.

Pioneer PDP-508XDA $3,200 (22 months interest free - Harvey Norman)

Panasonic TH-50PZ700A $3,500 with 5yr extended warranty and delivery (18 months interest free - David Jones)

After many trips to view them both I finally pulled the trigger on the (cheaper) Pio after using the 'bumptious' demo settings from AVForums to compare them side by side (my viewing distance is 3.8m / 12.5 feet) and to my eye the Pio PQ, colour and obviously black was better.

Spent the second half of the day trying to find a low line entertainment unit to get before the plasma could be delivered! Finally found an oak one for $980 with 6 'pidgeon holes' large enough for all components (A/V receiver, STB, DVD, Foxtel, Xbox and Centre Speaker actually in the centre! from Nick Scali)

Unit comes Wednesday, plasma Friday - cant wait .... now to find Digital Video Essentials in time (EzyDVD currently out of stock).

ESM

I answered my own question:

Went to to HN in QV (Melbourne CBD) and saw the Pio 508XDA next to the Pana 50pz700a.

All i will say is go and have a look for yourselves (Both plasmas had a ticket price of $3999).

For me the Pio had the better picture.

Also i have just noticed that Clef Hifi now well Pioneer plasmas.

Has anyone bought a pio plasma from them and if so did you get a good deal.

Are they still good to deal with ?

I have only been to their old broady store about 5 years ago.

koaz

Koaz,

I used to drop into the Broadmeadows store.

It is well worth waiting for their sales as you can pick up some real bargains.

I'm also curious to hear if any other forum members have purchased a pio plasma from Clef Hifi, or any opinions they may have of them.

Eggmeister

JB in Essendon has ticketed price on the 508xda at $2,999-. The guy I spoke with said they received an email on PDA's this morning advising of reduced price. Anyway, I exchanged my Samsung P9 (DOA and replacement has taken far too long) and purchased this unit from Harvey Norman today for $2,999-. Initially, I would have purchased this tv, however, it was far more expensive than the Samsung. Not anymore, I am one very happy Pioneer owner!!! It seems you should be able to get this price anywhere from today!!

Hi Guys

Completed the purchase this evening - Clive Peters Richmond $2,900!

Salesman was James - young guy,casual but good. He had to liaise with his manager Rob who authorised the price.

Can't wait for delivery.

Thanks to everyone on here who has assisted me with this purchase - I really apprecaite your help.

cheers