Pioneer Kuro 508xda Price Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking to replace my 4th gen 43" Pioneer plasma sometime this year and the new Kuro range has really impressed me. Those blacks really are black!!

That they are. For example, the DVD "Doom" (upscaled via PS3) looks really good on this TV. I can clearly see detail in dark scenes, which there are a fair bit of in this movie. If it goes Blu-ray, which it probably will with HD-DVD's death, then it'll look even better!

EDIT: Gears of War on the 360 (over HDMI) has a fair bit of black, and it's detailed too.

I believe games are okay to play on Plasma - they look bloody awesome. Just don't play them for hours n hours n hours with static images, because problems probably will arise.

Edited by Nova Phoenix

Just ordered mine today! woohoo!!! :D

$3100 from Myer Cairns. Showed them a quote from one of the other stores locally and they matched. (I had some vouchers to use @Myer so worked out well). A couple of weeks before it arrives, but it's perfect as my funds get ready then.

Thanks again for al the help in this thread as I probably would have been quite happy with the $3600 that WOW was advertising. I have just saved myself another $500, which essentially is paying for half of the amp I have chosen.

Thanks again peoples for your help. I can soon join the owners thread. :D

Edited by Elmo1

Hi,

It's me that got it for $3000. I did not come back to this forum for few days. I can send copy of the receipt if you want it.

I'm new here, and can't PM just yet. So please email me to whitney.fung at gmail.com with subject: Receipt.

Regards,

Whitney

Edited to say: Elmo1, Feenix, receipt sent.

Can anyone please email me a receipt for their 508XDA around the $3000 mark. Am keen to pick this TV up soon.

email is stuart_cross at hotmail.com

Thanks,

StuDog75

These are not full high definition models right that bluray supports?

It’s true that the resolution of the 508xda is not full high definition, but contrary to popular belief, resolution is only the fourth most important factor for getting a good picture.

End result is that at normal viewing distances, the 508xda displays a superior picture quality than many / most full hi-def sets. So much so, that the 508xda is really only bettered by its dearer big brother –the lx508 (and of course lx608).

The 508xda performs very well indeed with BluRay.

Guest EZYHD
Just ordered mine today! woohoo!!! :D

$3100 from Myer Cairns. Showed them a quote from one of the other stores locally and they matched. (I had some vouchers to use @Myer so worked out well). A couple of weeks before it arrives, but it's perfect as my funds get ready then.

Thanks again for al the help in this thread as I probably would have been quite happy with the $3600 that WOW was advertising. I have just saved myself another $500, which essentially is paying for half of the amp I have chosen.

Thanks again peoples for your help. I can soon join the owners thread. :D

That is an amazing price for Cairns, well done. In the past 18 months I've tried to buy a projector, 2 plasma's and receiver I just could not get a decent deal (in cns )bought all down south instead and saved a bundle even after freight. Best price at the time for Pioneer 507 was $4200, bought one from JB in Ipswith delivered for $3590.

Where are you located SRT?

If you are around Melbourne you wont need receipts. i got given a price for $3050-00 today just by talking about the homework i had done on these TV's and knew the prices that others had paid.

Edited by spalmills

That is an amazing price for Cairns, well done. In the past 18 months I've tried to buy a projector, 2 plasma's and receiver I just could not get a decent deal (in cns )bought all down south instead and saved a bundle even after freight. Best price at the time for Pioneer 507 was $4200, bought one from JB in Ipswith delivered for $3590.

I know...it took a bit of work and research. Thanks again to the people on these forums to help me realise that this price was achievable.

I actually have to contact you get some HDMI cables. probably be a couple of 0.5m and a couple of 1m cables. Let me know if you've got them in stock.

:D

It’s true that the resolution of the 508xda is not full high definition, but contrary to popular belief, resolution is only the fourth most important factor for getting a good picture.

End result is that at normal viewing distances, the 508xda displays a superior picture quality than many / most full hi-def sets. So much so, that the 508xda is really only bettered by its dearer big brother –the lx508 (and of course lx608).

The 508xda performs very well indeed with BluRay.

I am sure a $$2000 - 3000 full high def Sharp/ Panasonic/ Sony LCD would trump it in image quality.

I am sure a $$2000 - 3000 full high def Sharp/ Panasonic/ Sony LCD would trump it in image quality.

Thats not what every professional review Ive read has said or the overwhelming feedback on forums. The difference in resolution between 768p and 1080p just doesnt make that much difference at most viewing distances as is stated many many times on DTV threads.

Here is an example of said reviews http://www.hometheatermag.com/lcds/208hdface/

Edited by K Dog

Made the purchase. Couldnt get it below 3k as I was able to negotiate interest free. Workmate bought one as well so in the end, they couldnt say no to a 6k deal (for two) even if one is on interest free.

Now cant wait for the delivery!

Made the purchase. Couldnt get it below 3k as I was able to negotiate interest free. Workmate bought one as well so in the end, they couldnt say no to a 6k deal (for two) even if one is on interest free.

Now cant wait for the delivery!

ESM

so what made you go for the pio instead of the pana in the end ?

koaz

ESM

so what made you go for the pio instead of the pana in the end ?

koaz

Hey Koaz, because it was worth the extra money. It just simply looked a lot better. I knew that from the start, it just if the difference was worth it. Saw them standing side by side at the store. Rest is history so to speak.

And the folks on the other thread (where I specifically asked for opinions) did help a lot :)

Edited by ESM