Pioneer Kuro 508xda Price Thread

I may own one of these beauties very soon. I'm taking the receipt copy that Koaz gave me to the local HN. When I was up there earlier today, they seemed open to lowering their price ($3597) to what the price is on Koaz's receipt ($3000). Hopefully with this evidence, they will comply.

I'd go elsewhere for it, but I have only seen this TV at HN recently.

Only thing I'm dreading is moving my 55kg Samsung Slimfit (yeah right) CRT so the PDP508XDA can sit on the stand. Hope I don't break my back!

Anyways, wish me luck guys! I could be joining the "kuro owners club" very soon (lol).

EDIT: Got denied Flexirent. Will try tommorow with interest free.

Edited by Nova Phoenix

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$2990 today - Delivery Monday :)

I love you right now Atomic. Where did you buy it from for that steal of a price?

EDiT: I have one now! I really do!!! I'm so excited!!! It got delivered just as I was first typing this.

Got a few Qs...

1) How do I make the sidebars of widescreen movies less black?

2) Is the "Standard" picture mode the best one to use during the first 200 hours of the TV's life?

3) Relating to Q2, is "Game" mode okay to use during the same time period?

WOO HOO!

PS. Thanks KOAZ for your receipt. I didn't get it for $3000 but showing it to HN made them drop their own price. It ended up being $3200.

Edited by Nova Phoenix

I should let yous know that with my PDP508XDA, I don't hear the buzzing thing except in only two scenarios..:

1) when I'm at the back of the panel plugging something in

2) when very very low or no sound is coming from my HT speakers

In any case, its not a concern to my ears. Not when the sound on my AVR is up high!

So yeah, if anyone could answer those Qs in my previous post, that'd be excellent.

Hi guys,

could I also get a copy of your receipt Manic Moose & Koaz and anyone else who has gotten it for $3000 or less;

my email is khunng@gmail.com

I am about to purchase and visited Clive Peters Malvern and am trying to get the best price possible.

Thanks

jim

Hi Nova,

Congrats on the purchase

How about when you are watching just through your tv speakers at a low level and there is a bright picture being displayed?

I use my HT speakers. The one(s) that came with the TV are not even unpacked as they are unnecessary.

I haven't had any BRIGHT (caps lock is there to ecsenuate the word) pictures displayed so far.

I'm trying not keep any image displayed for too long either.

Hi Koaz and manicmoose,

Could I get a copy of your receipts, especially the one from Cilve peeters richmond vic

I am about to make a purchase in Cilve Peeters (malvern)

Thanks!

sty

david_sty1120 at hotmail.com

Edited by stydtv

Hi Koaz and Nova,

Could you PM me a copy of your receipts, I want to be ready for any salesperson smirks I get when haggling.

Thanks guys,

Much appreciated.

Sure. I'll have to go to my folks' PC to scan it in though. Fortunately I'll be over there setting my old (but still extremely good) Samsung CRT Slimfit for them, so I can do it then.

By the way people, it's been over a day since I got it and it's doing so well. Music via the PS3 with the NASA images from a firmware update or two ago looks REALLY stunning!!

I hear no buzzing, nor have I experienced ANY other problems with it. It really was $3200 well spent.

$2990 today - Delivery Monday :)

Any chance we can get a copy of the receipt please for bargaining leverage? Will PM you my email address if you dont mind. Choosing between this and a 42xda at the moment. Purchase to happen before the end of the month.

Thanks.

Edited by ESM

For what it's worth, I just bought a couple of HDDVD players from Klapp Dandenong over the phone (i'm from North QLD), and asked him to quote me a price on this, he could have done $3100. Talk to David Walsh (phone number on website) www.klappav.com.au and tell him Rico from Cairns recommended him.

I'm hoping to order mine in the next week. Good luck. :)

Well, mine is up and running and I gotta say, it looks pretty damn schmick. Way better than any instore setup, kids are watching Cars right now and I am sitting 6-7 meters back, I can see why they say it outperforms most 1080p TV's. I uhmmed and ahrred for 2 months on which TV to buy. I went the right way.

What did I pay? Even with receipts for $3000, the best I could do was $3050 from Clive Peters, but ended up paying $3200 from Myers on 12 months interest free ($25 one off fee), but it gets better.

I applied online for a Myer card, this gave me a $20 voucher. I used this and got 3 Myer One points for every dollar (9600 points) which then gives me a $80-100 gift card. I don't know if I can put this off the TV, but the missus will spend it on shoes or some such **** as she shops there a lot. I am going to count it as coming off the TV.

That brings it down to $3100 (+$25 fee) by my reckoning.

Next the money goes into my offset account effectively earning 9ish% over 12 months which makes $270 approx, then whack it all off on the very last day of the 12 month interest free period (if I am disciplined enough).

Total cost of TV $2830.

That's what I choose to believe, and also how I explain it to the wife, but she just knods and her eyes glass over, hehehe.

Oh yeah, 3 days delivery. Nice!

Thanks to all who helped out with my daft questions over the last couple of months, I went from knowing zilch to being able to spell 'TV'.

I think I deserve a beer.

Adios Amigo's,

The Beermonkey

I have a feeling that will be that last we see of him for a while... :P

Nah, I'll stick around for a while (until they start selling for $2500, then I don't want to know).

Oops, double click, computer is nearly as slow as the Pio changing channels.

Edited by beermonkey

Hi all :)

After watching this price thread for the past couple of months I'm planning on purchasing a 508xda this weekend.

I live in Perth, so if anyone has any receipts from Perth stores that they wouldn't mind passing on they would be very much appreciated to help my negotiations!

Can you please email to Bem9e@yahoo.com.au

Thanks in advance, and I'll let you know how I go!

Hi all :)

After watching this price thread for the past couple of months I'm planning on purchasing a 508xda this weekend.

I live in Perth, so if anyone has any receipts from Perth stores that they wouldn't mind passing on they would be very much appreciated to help my negotiations!

Can you please email to Bem9e@yahoo.com.au

Thanks in advance, and I'll let you know how I go!

No receipts as I havent picked mine up yet but if you go and see the guys at JB HI in Myaree they are great, very competetive and great service.

Cheers

went to my local WOW store as they were the best price (3100) tonight to place an order for the TV. Wasn't fussed on delivery as I didn't need it straight away so happy to wait a couple of weeks. The guy I was dealing with a few days earlier wasn't there. They wouldn't honour the price I was quoted over the phone 8 days earlier. They would only do it if I had a quote from somewhere else. After some heavy discussions, as it stood, they could only do $3400. (before I forget, the guy I ended up dealing was great as he at least willing to try) What they did though, for the stuff around, they offered me a great price on the amp I was going to buy and they were willing to write down the $3100 as a quote so I could it elsewhere for someone else to match. It was such a complicated and frustrating situation I ended up walking out and not even buying the amp.

Anyway, didn't have a happy night as I was so ready to buy and be setting up my new amp over the next couple of days. There's my rant and rave.

Hoping to have a bit of luck on Saturday when the stores open up again and see if others will match it. It's hard being up this far north. :(