Do Not Buy From E-bay Audioland Online

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to have a crack at a pair of their Dayton speakers...but I think it might be safer shopping at JB hifi..a/land's warranty policy is a bit sus too I heard.

And as far as eBay's concerned...mate...if you're not the Federal police or a Gov dept they could not give a rats.

• 2 weeks later...
John

Looks like your campaign has worked...

eBay axes negative feedback for buyers

Not that you should have got negative feedback, but this change will make it difficult for this seller...

Thanks for the info diesel. So maybe my campaign to the media might have caused some of them to contact e-bay about the practice.

I guess the good sellers could suffer in the future because of the rogue practices of those like AUDIOLAND ONLINE. Pity there have to be morally dishonest buyers and sells spoiling an otherwise good idea.

But this whole experience has made me doubly cautious about wanting to buy or sell on e-bay in the future. And the biggest irony in all this is that the purchase was on behalf of a friend in Hobart and not for myself. Time to move on.

John

John

Looks like your campaign has worked...

eBay axes negative feedback for buyers

Not that you should have got negative feedback, but this change will make it difficult for this seller...

not how its helping john here, but as an ebay seller of odds and sods now and then, the below is a real issue

"But eBay needs to work harder to stop bidders who don't pay up, he said. The site does not require immediate payment,and sellers complain they are just as exposed to fraud as buyers on eBay."

you go through all the trouble of setting up a sale, watch the week go by and then some numbskull bids on the item never to be heard off again !. your left with the item wondering what to do ! the last time this happened I put in a dispute against the seller, he still never responded or replied. after 10 days you end the dispute, saying the buyer never paid. ebay refund you your selling fee. but theres no way of leaving any negative feedback for the numbskull bidder who is out there winning bids on god knows what else and not bothering to pay,.

in the end as a seller 2 weeks later your still left holding the item have to re list the item wait another week till sells again. next time no one reponds after a sale after a week I plan to offer a second chance offer to next genuine bidder in line. not sure what else to do.

if feedback cant be left for buyers the whole rating system is a crock. there are some real pain in the behind buyers out there. I know I've got a few on my ban list so they dont bid on any of my items I might sell !

Couldn't agree more Al, out of my last 30 or so items I reckon 10 have not been paid for. I wait 7 days after the auction finishes, if no contact raise an unpaid item dispute, close it after 10 days, relist the item for another 7 days. Thats 3 or 4 weeks before the item sells again.

I thought that if you get 2 non paying bidder reports within a certain timeframe you get banned??

As for sellers leaving negative for buyers, I generally read the feedback profile before bidding, you can filter the feedback to buyer/seller/left for others which gives you a pretty good idea if they're dodgy or not.

Hakka.

Couldn't agree more Al, out of my last 30 or so items I reckon 10 have not been paid for. I wait 7 days after the auction finishes, if no contact raise an unpaid item dispute, close it after 10 days, relist the item for another 7 days. Thats 3 or 4 weeks before the item sells again.

I thought that if you get 2 non paying bidder reports within a certain timeframe you get banned??

As for sellers leaving negative for buyers, I generally read the feedback profile before bidding, you can filter the feedback to buyer/seller/left for others which gives you a pretty good idea if they're dodgy or not.

Hakka.

You make a very valid point - e-bay really have not handled this problem well. Surely it was obvious what AUDIOLAND ONLINE was doing and e-bay should have warned them off and forced them to stop playing games. They should have been prepared to remove that unwarranted negative post against me. But when I complained they took the easy way out and removed both our ratings. I complained about them doing that but they never replied.

All of which has made me very wary about using e-bay again. Pity, because until this incident, all had gone smoothly for the few times I've shopped there over the years..

John

Seems like part of the problem is that the seller in this case only gives feedback after the buyer gives their feedback therefore giving them the opportunity to influence the buyer to change their feedback if it is negative.

As the seller really should give their feedback first as they get the payment before it is delivered, ebay should only show the buyers feedback after the seller provides their feedback. That way the seller cannot manipulate the feedback provided by the buyer.

To make this work Ebay could:

- Introduce a feedback "pending" category that summarises all of the buyers feedback ratings where the seller has not provided their feedback yet. The item, the buyer are not detailed at this stage, therefore the seller doesn't know who has given them bad/good feedback. That way future buyers will still be aware that potential issues may exist with a seller.

- Once the seller provides their feedback on the buyer, the feedback from the buyer moves out of the "pending" category and into the "normal" feedback category which details the item, the buyer etc and the specific feedback provided by the buyer.

Seems like part of the problem is that the seller in this case only gives feedback after the buyer gives their feedback therefore giving them the opportunity to influence the buyer to change their feedback if it is negative.

As the seller really should give their feedback first as they get the payment before it is delivered, ebay should only show the buyers feedback after the seller provides their feedback. That way the seller cannot manipulate the feedback provided by the buyer.

To make this work Ebay could:

- Introduce a feedback "pending" category that summarises all of the buyers feedback ratings where the seller has not provided their feedback yet. The item, the buyer are not detailed at this stage, therefore the seller doesn't know who has given them bad/good feedback. That way future buyers will still be aware that potential issues may exist with a seller.

- Once the seller provides their feedback on the buyer, the feedback from the buyer moves out of the "pending" category and into the "normal" feedback category which details the item, the buyer etc and the specific feedback provided by the buyer.

Excellent idea. Contact them with this suggestion.

John

It was mentioned above but I for one refuse to play the feedback game. As a buyer, I expect the seller to give postive feedback (if they are going to give feedback at all) if they receive my payment in a timely and appropriate manner. Then they should expect to receive feedback from me if the item arrives in a timely and appropriate manner. Many times however I've received a message or email at some point during the transaction (usually when they're reporting sending the item) with words to the effect of "give me positive feedback and I'll give you positive feedback." No way buddy, I fulfilled my end of the bargain first. So there have been a number of items I haven't received feedback for because I've refused to 'give it out' first.

That way at least it avoids the problem the OP had, although it kind of just reverses the feedback extortion game in some respects.

• 6 months later...

Man, I wish I saw this forum before I bought a Topfield Twin Tuner from Audioland on-line. I returned the Topfield Tuner twice to them because they both died on me within the 1st day of use. I asked for a refund & they refused. Second time I returned it and they said they never recieved it. I chased it up, and it turns out someone from Audioland online had picked it up & I told them that. By the time they sent me a third Topfield Twin Tuner it arrived on the last day I was able to leave feedback or open a dispute. THE THIRD TOPFIELD TWIN TUNER DIED ON THE SECOND DAY OF USE!!. Now I dont want to return it as I have no insurance they will send me a refund or even send me another Tuner, as I can no longer leave feed back . If anyone has any suggestions on how I can get my money back, I would really appreciate it.

Man, I wish I saw this forum before I bought a Topfield Twin Tuner from Audioland on-line. I returned the Topfield Tuner twice to them because they both died on me within the 1st day of use. I asked for a refund & they refused. Second time I returned it and they said they never recieved it. I chased it up, and it turns out someone from Audioland online had picked it up & I told them that. By the time they sent me a third Topfield Twin Tuner it arrived on the last day I was able to leave feedback or open a dispute. THE THIRD TOPFIELD TWIN TUNER DIED ON THE SECOND DAY OF USE!!. Now I dont want to return it as I have no insurance they will send me a refund or even send me another Tuner, as I can no longer leave feed back . If anyone has any suggestions on how I can get my money back, I would really appreciate it.

If you paid with paypal report it to them, they will get your money back.

I wonder if anyone has an address for them?

If it was me i'd be paying them a visit.

Hakka.

I've got a similar situation going at the moment where I bought a portable DTV from an eBay seller. He emailed me that he posted the item by Express Post from Melbourne last week and it still hasn't arrived. After a few back and forth emails he now claims that Aus Post can find no record of the shipment much to his supposed bemusement. So now he's going to get one couriered to me direct from his supplier in China...

Just a note about typical e-bay "scams" by sellers:

MANY e-bay sellers who purport to be based in Sydney etc are actually based in Hong Kong or similar.

When they state in their ads that an item is in stock and will be mailed from, say, Sydney, this is a blatant lie.

What they do is work with an overseas student to open an Australian bank account, so that all correspondence and payment is within Australia.

You then go to ebay thinking this is a seller based in Australia, and the delivery will be quick.

You then wait 2 weeks and your item arrives with Hong Kong postage!

Or they say "sorry, trouble with australia post/courier/locating item in warehouse" or whatever, but they are actually waiting for the item to arrive from China before being re-posted locally.

I don't know anything about Audioland Online, but it would be interesting to see if they have an address which isn't a PO box.

Personally, if I need an urgent or expensive item, I tend to stick to sellers who also run an actual shop somewhere in Australia.

Address for Audioland Online in .55 seconds!

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&...=cr%3DcountryAU

eBay can be a fantastic place to buy from,I've made over 50 purchases in the last 12 months from all over the world including Germany, USA and Hong Kong.

Of those only 1 didn't arrive. I made a claim and was fully reinbursed!

As with any purchase you make, from anywhere, do your home work! especially if it's for refurbished electrical goods as always buyer beware!

If you paid with paypal report it to them, they will get your money back.

Hakka.

Not that it helps you, but I just bought a Toppy off eBay also, but I didn't buy it from Audioland. I'm happy with my purchase and experience.

This mob "Audioland Online" had lots of Toppys listed, but many were "Refurbished" or 'Factory Second". Reports from other eBayers suggested that Audioland's "Seconds" were actually well used items that had been returned - not what you would normally consider a factory second (i.e.: minor scratch / display model / demo / damaged box). These were actually used and worn. Some customers even reported previous owner's recordings still on the HDD.

For that reason, I searched elsewhere and found "Premium Home Theatre" and bought off them, making a point of buying what was listed as a "Brand New" item. And the product I got does appear to be brand new.

Interestingly, "Audioland Online" and "Premium Home Theatre" have a very similar shopfront, listing and interface, and I think sometimes if you went to the PHT shop, it also grabbed and displayed items from Audioland Online.

I think they have some kind of association whereby Premium Home Theatre sells the "Brand New" items and AudioLand sells the "Factory Second / Used" stuff.

Anyway, so far I am very happy with my purchase from Premium Home Theatre. I'm sorry that you got caught out by the Audioland Online scam. They really do have a bad reputation, according to their feedback.

The more we spread the word about unethical providers like this on eBay the more people will be able to avoid their scams.

Good luck with them.

P69

• 2 years later...

I would also like to say 'DONT BUY FROM AUDIOLAND ONLINE"

I bought a television from them, it was faulty, they took it away to get "fixed" (I think they just sell it on to some other sucker). I got another television and that was also faulty.

He suggested the refund because he doesnt have a television that will work. I am chasing a refund in the meantime I have been without a television for 3 WEEKS!!!!!!!

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
19 hours ago, tjmoas said:

Any updates on this? Had bad experience a long time ago. Also what names are they using? I've had several and the name "Harry Hammoud" is from a character in Underbelly The Golden Mile

Old Thread,i don't think Audioland Trade anymore,they copped it on another Forum a few years back,probably show on Google.

The guy selling non-existent Laptops & Phones on Ebay/GT a few years back had over 60 Trading names apparently so its extreme buyer beware on any purchase,stating the obvious. 

Edit....looks like they still have a Web page and B/M address.

http://www.audiolandonline.com.au/ContactUs.html

Edited by Basil