Sign in to follow this  
smurf9999

Anybody Selling Their Unwanted, New Ps3 From The Bravia Offer?

EDIT: PS3 SOLD

Received my PS3 today. Still unopened. Willing to sell it for $550. Pick up at Chatswood Station (office hours) or Greystanes (after work).

Email me at trump3@hotmail.com if you are interested.

Will @ Sydney

Edited by trump3

I'm in Perth, and after a PS3, willing to spend around $520 (including shipping if necessary)

Edited by deeps

Here is how I read and understand the condition of the warranty.

If I bought a PS3 from another person who obtained this as a promotion from buying another product I would not be the first user as stated below and also would not be able to present the original receipt or invoice to claim for any warranty work.

How does other forum member read this?

When the original sales receipt or invoice (indicating the date of purchase and retailer’s name) is presented together with the faulty Product (and has not been altered or defaced since the date of original purchase);

This Guarantee is given to you, the first user of the Product. It is personal to you and cannot be used by anyone else.

Woah, that IS suprising.

So all these people selling PS3's here and on ebay, and saying the warranty is inside the box - we can't actually USE the warranty because we don't have the receipt of purchase? Ouch :/

I handed over my receipt, AND 3 yr extended warranty cert, with the ps3. We agreed if any Qs were asked I bought it as a gift and they were first user.

Was under 6 months old and 3yr warranty had no such condition on transfer either.

$600 new from harvey norman chatwood ..... and $60 for 3 yr warranty on these is money well spent ... almost guaranteed to claim in 3 yrs given consoles have the highest rate of failure of any electricals.

I had 3 ps2s fail in second gen!

I think the term 'first user', just means that you are the owner of the ps3, and the warranty is not transferrable to another unit. Some definitions would clea rit up though.

This is the feedback I got from Playstation support centre

Thank you for your recent email.

If you purchase a console that was part of the Bravia TV promotion the warranty on the PS3 console is not transferable, It would be an out of warranty repair.

Regards,

Playstation Support Centre

Check out the Latest PlayStation Store Updates

Phone : 1300 365 911

Email : support@playstation.com.au

Fax : (02) 9450 9011

Opening hours: Mon to Fri 08:00 - 20:00, Sat 10:00 - 18:00 AEST

(Calls to the PlayStation Support Centre are charged at the cost of a local call)

i've just received my new sealed ps3 from the bravia promotion.. it come with a DS3..

i'm selling as i've already got one..

selling for $550.. im in Melbourne.. pm if interested..

Seems everyone is getting rid of these now. Alot have hit ebay over the past few days.

Edited by Pallamallawa

i've just received my new sealed ps3 from the bravia promotion.. it come with a DS3..

i'm selling as i've already got one..

selling for $550.. im in Melbourne.. pm if interested..

Is the PS3 still available?

can anyone tell me ps3 comes with a sixaxis controller and / or as well as a dualshock 3 controller? I'm waiting mine still.

can anyone tell me ps3 comes with a sixaxis controller and / or as well as a dualshock 3 controller? I'm waiting mine still.

95% sure it's just the sixaxis controller.

The new 80gb ones coming soon to Australia will be packaged with the dualshock 3

A couple of people who got their bonus PS3 last week reported getting DS3 controllers with theirs. I'm still waiting to receive mine so I hope to get a DS3.

Edited by milamber

anyone selling their un wanted ps3 in melb area i will pay $550 and pick i up . pm me

jpw23,

I've got a PS3 from the Bravia promotion that I want to sell. I'm not in Melb, but I'm in Geelong. I'm asking $500 + postage for it, but pickup is fine too. It's new in box and I haven't even opened the box it was delivered in. I haven't posted here before so I'll have to get my post count up so you can PM me if interested.

Regards,

Steve

hey Steve! (krusic)

I'm in Geelong and would definitely be interested in your PS3

happy to pickup too!!

don't have enough post count either so if it's still available please let me know

cheers,

Jim

Thanks to all who expressed interest, but the PS3 is now sold.

Regards,

Steve

I have a PS3 from the bravia promo for sale in Adelaide but as I already have one this one is up for sale.

Price is $550 - pick up only.

Thanks.

Just received from sony. Thinking of getting rid of my redeemed ps3 with ds3. $550 Sydney North.