Availability On Sony Bravia Tv's

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to rain on your parade Bulldozer but I've been waiting for exactly the same TV from exactly the same store since Dec 31st - so don't get your hopes up, I've had about 4 date changes already and I know they have a bunch on backorder, I hope it all goes smoothly but just to let you know what to expect.

It seems that what I was told was right :) I got a call Wednesday saying my TV had come in and they asked if they could bring the delivery forward a week to Thursday. (Is the pope catholic?). Anyway, I think we're both happy campers now we've got our preciousss :)

Hey guys.

I've only just started reading comments like these about the Sony Bravia Tvs.

I purchased my 46X Sony Bravia on January 26 2008 from JB Hi-fi Miranda, and was told i would get mine in about a week.

A week later i came in and asked what the story was and they said that they had a tonne on order so it would be about another week or so, so i waited again.

Again, after another week i ask them where is my tv, when will i be receiving it, will i still get the bonus PS3 deal?

I had some real ass of a guy tell me that i would get my TV at the end of February, they 100% confirmed that i would still get a PS3 just as long as i have the receipt saying i purchased the TV between the Bonus PS3 period.

After that i didn't think much on it again, as i was not worried at all, i just had to wait for the tv for another 2 or so weeks till the end of feb, and i am guaranteed a PS3 28 days after i send the info in.

Now it's the end of February, in fact February is over, and it's now 3rd of March.

I asked JB hi-fi again about 3-5 days ago where the TV was and how much longer i am going to have to wait. .

Each visit they kept confirming i would receive the PS3 i just have to wait just that bit longer for the actual TV.

Now we called Sony and they said that all the questions are answered on their website.

I keep looking at the *All redemption claims have to be in by 10 March* and i am really getting scared.

Especially from what's been said on this site, people are confirming that Sony wont even honor the PS3 deal after 10th March.

I only bought the TV because i was guaranteed the bonus PS3.

What can i do?

I realize this has happened to alot of other people too, and i feel for you, i hope Sony can get us all what we bought for.

I just think if i end up not getting this playstation 3 i would just break down..

What can i do?

I realize this has happened to alot of other people too, and i feel for you, i hope Sony can get us all what we bought for.

I just think if i end up not getting this playstation 3 i would just break down..

I'd call them and say I want to cancel my order and want my money back.

Cheers

Steffen.

That's my best option?

Isn't that really unprofessional though?

Having JB hi-fi staff confirm that i will get a PS3, saying that Sony had made *Special Arrangements* for JB hi-fi as to make sure everyone that purchased the Sony Bravia in the Bonus PS3 period would all be able to redeem their PS3's.

Can JB Hi-Fi do that though? Just come back on their word, or do you think they can just blame it on Sony and it will be out of their hands?

I've all of a sudden become really stressed.

Has anyone that purchased a tv and hasn't received it yet asked their supplier for a PS3 for all the lies they've been giving?

I know it sounds stupid, but i would much rather ask JB Hi-Fi because of their mistakes for a PS3 from their behalf, then getting a refund.

Has anyone that purchased a tv and hasn't received it yet asked their supplier for a PS3 for all the lies they've been giving?

I know it sounds stupid, but i would much rather ask JB Hi-Fi because of their mistakes for a PS3 from their behalf, then getting a refund.

I payed for my 46x at JB Miranda on the 19th of Jan and was told about 2 weeks, but after getting on here quickly realised that wasn't going to happen. Mine came in on the 22nd of Feb, I was second on the list when I rang in the morning and then 2 came in that day. i asked how many people behind me and they said 19. It seems they only get in 1 or 2 at a time so it may take a while. Ask them where on the list you are.

I wouldn't worry about the 10th of March deadline, just send it in and if sony knock it back send them and Dept of fair trading a letter (make sure Sony see it's going to fair trading as well.)describing how you paid for it with in the time frame was told 1 week delievry etc. This is bait advertising at it's best, Sony wouldn't stand a chance trying to defend this. It is fairly reasonable to expect if something is advertised and you pay in full that you would take delivery within a month. The fact they can't deliver is their problem not yours.

Hi guys,

Major problem on my hands seeking as much assistance/information as possible!

Put down a payment on a KDL-4X3100 on the 15/1/2008, was told I would have my TV in 3 weeks.

Received TV on 1/3/2008, in which I paid the rest of the TV.

Just got off the phone with sony and they are saying I am NOT eligible for a bonus ps3 as I didnt pay in full within the timeframe. I was told by the salesman at the good guys, that

1. My TV would arrive within the promo time

2. As long as I was registered on the website and had a receipt showing I ordered the TV I would be fine.

Where do I stand? The free PS3 was the main reason I chose the Sony over a few other models... As far as I can see, there is nothing in the terms and conditions stating you have to pay the price in 'full'. It says payment plans are okay?

Let me know what you guys think/reckon I should do. In a bit of a bind and there are only ~6days left for Sony to receive claims...

-M.Forzan

Just got off the phone with sony and they are saying I am NOT eligible for a bonus ps3 as I didnt pay in full within the timeframe. I was told by the salesman at the good guys, that

1. My TV would arrive within the promo time

2. As long as I was registered on the website and had a receipt showing I ordered the TV I would be fine.

Where do I stand? The free PS3 was the main reason I chose the Sony over a few other models... As far as I can see, there is nothing in the terms and conditions stating you have to pay the price in 'full'. It says payment plans are okay?

Hi M Forzan,

It sounds like Sony are correct. Bravias had to be paid in full by January 28th to be eligible for the PS3. HOWEVER, it also sounds like you were misinformed by the salesman and I would seek to have them backdate the payment to before the 28th.

Having said that it's probably a good example never to take the word of a salesman - it means nothing. Do your own investigation. I think there was pretty definitive information around that the TVs had to be fully paid for by the 28th.

Good luck!

Hi M Forzan,

It sounds like Sony are correct. Bravias had to be paid in full by January 28th to be eligible for the PS3. HOWEVER, it also sounds like you were misinformed by the salesman and I would seek to have them backdate the payment to before the 28th.

Having said that it's probably a good example never to take the word of a salesman - it means nothing. Do your own investigation. I think there was pretty definitive information around that the TVs had to be fully paid for by the 28th.

Good luck!

Went to Good Guys, apparently they cant backdate receipts. They tried getting in contact with Sony but nobody wants to talk to them. They left a message apparently for Sony to get back to them, be interesting to see how that goes...

Will be going to the store tomorrow morning regardless. I just want my PS3...

So happy, i just called Sony and spoke to a young lady and asked if i would still be eligible for the bonus PS3 even after 10th of March when stock arrives, and she said definitely.

My mind is at ease.

I'm not sure why everyone else was told no from other Sony people, maybe they liked my name and where i was from. .

But yeah, i just have to ask JB Hi-fi when my tv will be getting in, i think they said i was 4th on the list.

Went to Good Guys, apparently they cant backdate receipts. They tried getting in contact with Sony but nobody wants to talk to them. They left a message apparently for Sony to get back to them, be interesting to see how that goes...

Will be going to the store tomorrow morning regardless. I just want my PS3...

If they can't backdate I believe the onus is still on them to sort this out due to the misinformation. I wouldn't trust Sony to get back to them so it may be up to you to keep hounding Good Guys until a resolution is achieved.

Keep at it! You're entitled to your PS3.

If they can't backdate I believe the onus is still on them to sort this out due to the misinformation. I wouldn't trust Sony to get back to them so it may be up to you to keep hounding Good Guys until a resolution is achieved.

Keep at it! You're entitled to your PS3.

Thanks mate.

Spoke to Sony, and Fair Trading today. Because it doesn't say in the terms and conditions that the TV has to be paid 'in full', Fair Trading tells me Sony has to live up to their side of the deal.

Guy at Sony told me It had to be paid in full, when I mentioned the terms and conditions, he took my details and added a note to my registration explaining the situation @ the Good Guys. Then told me to send in my paperwork.

Will be sending my paperwork to Sony tomorrow and seeing what happens. Hopefully all is well and I get my ps3. If not? Back to Fair Trading I go and Sony/Good Guys can sort it out.

What: KDL46X3100

Where: JB Hifi Castle Hill

How Much: $3560 including 5 year warranty

Paid: 11/01/08

Received: 05/03/08

Like everybody else was told i would get the TV in a week and a half, then 2 weeks, then mid Feb, then end of Feb, Then finally the 10th of March and then got the surprise call yesterday to say it had arrived and as they had 26 arrive at once if we could be home in the afternoon they would deliver for free!!

And just in time for the V8's this weekend.

I must say Andrew was really great to deal with and as much as i hated waiting it was well worth the wait as the tv is awesome.

It just appears Sony were caught out with the massive demand and had trouble filling the orders and giving the retailers accurate info as to when the stock would arrive. And the retailers were caught in the middle.

Rang the Sony hotline and was told we would be ok with regards to the bonus PS3 as we had paid in full before the cut off and was given a reference number to verify the confirmation.

And a big thank you to all the forum members who have posted info it has been a great help in keeping up to date during the long wait.

Now i just need to get the PS3 and we will be set. :D

What: KDL46X3100

Where: JB Hifi Castle Hill

How Much: $3560 including 5 year warranty

Paid: 11/01/08

Received: 05/03/08

Like everybody else was told i would get the TV in a week and a half, then 2 weeks, then mid Feb, then end of Feb, Then finally the 10th of March and then got the surprise call yesterday to say it had arrived and as they had 26 arrive at once if we could be home in the afternoon they would deliver for free!!

And just in time for the V8's this weekend.

I must say Andrew was really great to deal with and as much as i hated waiting it was well worth the wait as the tv is awesome.

It just appears Sony were caught out with the massive demand and had trouble filling the orders and giving the retailers accurate info as to when the stock would arrive. And the retailers were caught in the middle.

Rang the Sony hotline and was told we would be ok with regards to the bonus PS3 as we had paid in full before the cut off and was given a reference number to verify the confirmation.

And a big thank you to all the forum members who have posted info it has been a great help in keeping up to date during the long wait.

Now i just need to get the PS3 and we will be set. :D

nice price you got there mate. makes me feel got ripped off from GG nunawading. paid for a KDL46X3100 for $3340 and $498 for the 5years warranty. im pretty sure they ripped me off on the warranty after seeing wat everyone else were paying.