Planet Terror

Received my copy of Planet Terror from Amazon and this movie rocks.

Yes I am anooyed we did not get the full Grindhouse experience but DVD is the next best thing. I have yet to see Death Proof but I can say Planet Terror is awesome.

The whole 70's look with the print is fantastic. Now RR needs to make the fake " Machete" with Danny Trejo!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much do you love me Chesty?

Planet Terror

You know what it means if you can get this?

PS: Not exclusive either, but this is a region B version just for you

Holy ****

Why cant they release it as the complete Grindhouse? Its not like they wont fit....

. Its Death Proof on the link though.

Edited by Chesty

• 1 month later...

Chesty, (or anyone else that has this movie)

whats the picture and sound quality like?

Can pick these (PT and Death Proof) up for about $14- AUD each but wondering if its worth waiting for Blu ray versions.

If anyone has Death Proof on dvd the PQ and SQ question remains.

thanks

Got Planet Terror and Death Proof from JB this morning. Halfway through Death Proof. Love the retro look. It was funny to see them pull out a mobile phone. Seemed so out of place.

Wait till you getto PT. Its even more "retro" and in my view the better half of the Grindhouse experience. PT is worth it for Machete alone....

Both of these will be in my next order.

Sorry, I know there are a lot of people who idolise any crap that Tarratino makes, but seriously nothing was more boring this year (NOTHING - including I Am Legend or No Country For Old Men, easily two of the most over-hyped and under-delivered movies last/this year) than Death Proof. The retro look was not cool, the style of the movie was not cool - Tarratino was trying too hard, yet again. At least Planet Terror had some action and violence in it - Death Proof was nothing more than typical Tarratino hyperbole wrapped up in a marketed "cool-ness" factor and feed to the "mass" as a must have movie.... seriously people - get over Tarratino. As if the torture of Kill Bill wasnt enough to warn people off this guy...

And I seriously doubt, other than increasing the boredom factor this movie already features, that the pretentious "lost reel" will add anything more to the movie.

Puh-lease Tarratino, quit while you are so far behind...

I'd forget about the HD versions. They are not visually stunning moveis at all... mind you I did watch the machete preview twice ;)

Planet Terror was cool, but the first half of death proof is a bit painful... much like Quentin Tarantino's acting.

HAHA! Dans, in the time I took to look up Tarantino's name (how could I forget that moron) you took the words out of my mouth... which might be why you wrote so much more than me...

BTW I agree on I am Legend, you are harsh on Old Men, but I agree both were massively overrated. But I did like Kill Bill - but mostly due to the music.

Edited by fallout boy

Death Proof is a massive pile of steaming dog turd. If I wanted to watch 3 or 4 women talk crap for and hour and a half I would watch 3 episodes of Sex in the City. And why he would let a stuntwomen (Zoe the kiwi) actually act in a movie is beyond me. I am sure she is a great at stunts but cannot act for Sh*t. And I am/was a Tarantino fan. Of Pulp fiction, Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill anyway

Sorry, I know there are a lot of people who idolise any crap that Tarratino makes, but seriously nothing was more boring this year (NOTHING - including I Am Legend or No Country For Old Men, easily two of the most over-hyped and under-delivered movies last/this year) than Death Proof. The retro look was not cool, the style of the movie was not cool - Tarratino was trying too hard, yet again. At least Planet Terror had some action and violence in it - Death Proof was nothing more than typical Tarratino hyperbole wrapped up in a marketed "cool-ness" factor and feed to the "mass" as a must have movie.... seriously people - get over Tarratino. As if the torture of Kill Bill wasnt enough to warn people off this guy...

And I seriously doubt, other than increasing the boredom factor this movie already features, that the pretentious "lost reel" will add anything more to the movie.

Puh-lease Tarratino, quit while you are so far behind...

Why are you picking on me?

I will agree that Tarantino is a one trick pony, and it is becoming an old trick.

I don't agree with you on your thoughts regarding No Country For Old Men. Second best movie of the year.

Why are you picking on me?

I will agree that Tarantino is a one trick pony, and it is becoming an old trick.

I don't agree with you on your thoughts regarding No Country For Old Men. Second best movie of the year.

I wasnt meaning to pick on you - I suppose its just because I hate Tarrantino that I dont understand why anyone would like him - hmmm not a good stance to take, but I am just so passionate about how BAD his movies truly are that I dont think he deserves to continue making them (but then neither does Uwe Boll, not that I like anything he does either).

And about No Country - I dont know why but there was a very distinct arua of familiarity about it - I've seen it before, and recently, I just cant put my finger on what the movie was. I certainly dont think it was worthy of winning any Oscars - but since the Oscars have become more about preachiness and pretention and less about entertainment I can "see" why it won. It was not a good movie, clear and simple - and the ending was stupid. Before anyone says it - I got the movie, as badly as it attempted to reference itself to the Blake poem - but still. At the end all I wanted to see was Josh Brolin get shot, and ditto with his wife. I dont want to see graphic violence all the way through and to then have the two most important deaths in the movie "implied" - that is pretentious cinema. It might as well had been a Tarrantino production, although if that was the case it would have been close to 5 hours of crapping on talking about god-knows what and only minimal, yet "stylistically graphic" violence.

Guess I won't be taking film advice from DansDans. you're taste and mine are obviously very different.

Kill Bill was fantastic (moreso Vol 1 - uncut Japanese version). I also loved I Am Legend ( The alternate ending is the ending the film should have had).

Death Proof was average, but it was what it was and it did that well.

I wasnt meaning to pick on you - I suppose its just because I hate Tarrantino that I dont understand why anyone would like him - hmmm not a good stance to take, but I am just so passionate about how BAD his movies truly are that I dont think he deserves to continue making them (but then neither does Uwe Boll, not that I like anything he does either).

And about No Country - I dont know why but there was a very distinct arua of familiarity about it - I've seen it before, and recently, I just cant put my finger on what the movie was. I certainly dont think it was worthy of winning any Oscars - but since the Oscars have become more about preachiness and pretention and less about entertainment I can "see" why it won. It was not a good movie, clear and simple - and the ending was stupid. Before anyone says it - I got the movie, as badly as it attempted to reference itself to the Blake poem - but still. At the end all I wanted to see was Josh Brolin get shot, and ditto with his wife. I dont want to see graphic violence all the way through and to then have the two most important deaths in the movie "implied" - that is pretentious cinema. It might as well had been a Tarrantino production, although if that was the case it would have been close to 5 hours of crapping on talking about god-knows what and only minimal, yet "stylistically graphic" violence.

Ever heard of the spoiler tag??

Clearly not...

Ever heard of the spoiler tag??

Clearly not...

1 - you'll thank me when I save you two of your life watching that crap

2 - its not half obvious from the first twenty or so minutes what is going to happen in the end

to Momaw - each to their own taste. You've seen a different version of I Am Legend than I have and perhaps thats why you think its better than I do. It was an excellent premise with an excellent actor let down by horrible story-telling and completely unrealistic scenarios. I hate film writing that launches the "surprise save" at the last minute - after years and years of sending his radio signal out for no response why does he finally get a response the day he decides to do something suicidal?

And what exactly was so fantastic about Kill Bill? I ask this as a serious question and not to attack you on your taste in films - Having seen both I would agree that Vol 1 is better than Vol 2, but I dont think that either film could be classed as fantastic.

I don't think the premise or the story let down I am Legend, it was the flow of the movie. A load of slow bollocks to begin with, a shallow glimpse into the people and the sort-of-once-were-people in the movie and then a shite ending...

I might have to watch the alternate ending now, but I won't be watching the rest of it.

Sorry to discuss this in the PT thread.

Edited by fallout boy

1. I hate film writing that launches the "surprise save" at the last minute - after years and years of sending his radio signal out for no response why does he finally get a response the day he decides to do something suicidal?

2. And what exactly was so fantastic about Kill Bill? I ask this as a serious question and not to attack you on your taste in films - Having seen both I would agree that Vol 1 is better than Vol 2, but I dont think that either film could be classed as fantastic.

1. It was covered in the film. They even said the same thing. It was about faith and providence. Some films do it poorly, I don't think I Am Legend did it poorly.

2. I loved the cheesy revenge plot, the awesomely choreographed fight scenes, the ridiculous blood spurts, and so much more. Haven't you ever watched a movie for entertainment? Kill Bill 1 had it in spades. As a fan of Japanese cinema it was funny as hell watching an american take on the japanese samurai exploitation genre. Unfortunately Kill Bill 2 tried the same with the Chinese Kung Fu genre but failed poorly.

I don't think the premise or the story let down I am Legend, it was the flow of the movie. A load of slow bollocks to begin with, a shallow glimpse into the people and the sort-of-once-were-people in the movie and then a shite ending...

I might have to watch the alternate ending now, but I won't be watching the rest of it.

Sorry to discuss this in the PT thread.

My review covers the alternate ending

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?s=&...st&p=991651

but seriously nothing was more boring this year (NOTHING - including I Am Legend or No Country For Old Men, easily two of the most over-hyped and under-delivered movies last/this year)

Mate go out and watch "in the valley of elah" and then tell me theres nothing more boring. :rolleyes:

Obviously im in the different taste category as well, because I loved the first 2/3 of I am legend (didnt like theatrical ending) and think Kill Bill is fantastic.

I suppose it would be boring if we all liked the same thing.

It just goes to show how subjective movie taste can be. I thought Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown were outstanding, Kill Bill Volume 1 was extremely fun, Kill Bill Volume 2 less so. Admittedly, Death Proof was horrid. It's like Tarantino forgot that 'witty' dialogue should support the plot and the action, rather than vice versa. Indeed, the narrative was just not up to anywhere the standard of his first three films and all he really was doing was trying to create an atmosphere. Further, there was really no action at all save in the 2 minute death ride mid way through the film and the final chase sequence.

I understand what you are saying about 'No Country For Old Men' but don't agree. The film was one of the few within the last year that really left an impact upon me and I was thinking about the final 20 minutes quite a lot over the next day or two. It was an incredibly acted, reasonably fast moving, thriller that in my humble opinion fully deserved its Oscar gongs, particularly for best supporting actor. You say that the final deaths being implied were pretentious cinema, and while that may be so, I certainly saw the details as unnecessary, given we saw clearly how he could dispose of people previously, and imagination worked fine. The only unnecessary character was played by Woody Harrelson.

The only better movie I've seen over the last several months was 'There Will Be Blood' - which was a tour-de-force and a real throwback to a Lindsay Andersen movie such as 'O Lucky Man' in my opinion.

And there has been a lot of good movies this past year - American Gangster, Michael Clayton.