Sign in to follow this  
P.Archer

Sony Bravia- Bonus Ps3 Offer

I lodged my redemption via Registered Mail to the specified address and asked that I receive notification of delivery (extra cost).

This was done on the 28/12/07 and i'm still yet to receive my notification of delivery.

I realise 29/12,30/12 and 1/1 were probably not working days for Aussie Post, but I would have expected delivery notification by now.

Might have to get postal on somebodies ass.

yeah i love my lcd ay the guys at HN told me not to buy one because they were a lower end compared to jvc and the jvc was only bout $500 more so i got the jvc and it has everything i expected, what really surprised me was the price of my cinema system that blew me away how much they took off it.. but yeah i got me ps3 now the only touble i'm having is that my ps3 like to randomly turn off no matter what you maybe doing, which is really starting to give me the shits

lol, you listened to the guys at HN

WHAT: KDL46W3100

WHEN: 21/12/2007

WHERE: Clive Peters Loganholme

HOW MUCH: $2900 ($3200 with 5yrs insurance/warranty)

MAILED: 03/01/2008

WHAT: KDL46X3100

WHEN: 04/01/2008

WHERE: JB HIFI Osbourne Park

HOW MUCH: $3600 down from $3985

MAILED: NONE IN STOCK ESTIMATED DELIVERY OF UNIT 10TH JAN APPARENTLY NONE AUSTRALIA WIDE

What : KDL 52x3100

When : 30/12/07

Where : HN Newcastle

Price : $5150

Mailed :4/1/08

Hi All

I just orderd a KDL52XBR with the ps3 bundled

how much you paid $5370 = $300 ( 4yr) wty

when you got it - Getting deliverd on 19th

where you got it - Clive Anthonys Castle Hill

when you sent away for the PS3 - Not yet

when you recieved the PS3 (if applicable

Hello Pcmadman,

That is a fantastic deal and congratulation. I am particularly intrested on this model as well, would it be possilbe for you to send me a copy of your receipt please, would be much appreciated about that. My E-mail address: taotaolou@yahoo.com.hk

lol, you listened to the guys at HN

i did listen to the HN guys but before i did i had done some research on the both brads and jvc came out infront by a nudge

Couldn't agree more.

After doing the rounds of my local stores in recent days, I have come to the following conclusion. Most of the Sony KDL40X3100 are out of stock, thus we are waiting a shipment from Asia.

The key here is when you can make the claim for your Sony Playstations 3.

On the Sony website it clearly states, All redemption claims must be received by 10 March 2008.

Does this mean I can buy my Sony KDL40X3100 today, take delivery of it in say February, then issue the redemption claim then?

Assuming they get it before March 10, my claim would still be valid yes?

No. Your claim will be valid until March 10 but you need to have taken delivery of the unit before the end of Jan.. You have to send the serial number in as well which you won't have if you are getting the TV in Feb..

No. Your claim will be valid until March 10 but you need to have taken delivery of the unit before the end of Jan.. You have to send the serial number in as well which you won't have if you are getting the TV in Feb..

The dates mentioned for the promotion are now

Purchase the TV between the 21/12/07 09:00:00 and 28/1/08 23:59:59

Delivery anytime between 21/12/07 09:00:00 and 5/3/08 (delivery after this date probably wont allow time for delivery of the mail in redemption to Sony via Aussie Post)

Redemption lodged between 21/12/07 09:00:00 and 10/3/08 23:59:59

So the only date that changed was the cut off for the redemption offer being mailed into Sony, I believe this was done because of the shortage of TVs in Australia at this point, as such delivery of the TV's was going to continue well after the original redemption cutoff date of 12/02/08 23:59:59.

The key cut off date is the TV must be purchased before 28/1/08 23:59:59

Edited by klif-e

The dates mentioned for the promotion are now

Purchase the TV between the 21/12/07 09:00:00 and 28/1/08 23:59:59

Delivery anytime between 21/12/07 09:00:00 and 5/3/08 (delivery after this date probably wont allow time for delivery of the mail in redemption to Sony via Aussie Post)

Redemption lodged between 21/12/07 09:00:00 and 10/3/08 23:59:59

So the only date that changed was the cut off for the redemption offer being mailed into Sony, I believe this was done because of the shortage of TVs in Australia at this point, as such delivery of the TV's was going to continue well after the original redemption cutoff date of 12/02/08 23:59:59.

The key cut off date is the TV must be purchased before 28/1/08 23:59:59

Ah.. that's better

What: KDL46X3100

When: 26/12/2007

Where: JB HiFi

How Much: $3641 (+$339 for extra 4 Years Warranty)

Mailed In: 4/1/2008 (Registered Mail + Confirmation)

Edited by night_stalker

In Case you haven't called the number recently, they have fixed the number so you speak to a real person...only problem is that they told me they received about 5,000 promo letters and have to put them all into their system to validate them. they said it would be a couple of weeks until they started sending out the PS3's.

P.S. I sent mine in on 24 Dec 07. If they were not on holidays I would be the first to get a PS3 so I will post when I get mine if no one else has posted before me.

In Case you haven't called the number recently, they have fixed the number so you speak to a real person...only problem is that they told me they received about 5,000 promo letters and have to put them all into their system to validate them. they said it would be a couple of weeks until they started sending out the PS3's.

P.S. I sent mine in on 24 Dec 07. If they were not on holidays I would be the first to get a PS3 so I will post when I get mine if no one else has posted before me.

Same here sent mine on the 24th as well your theory is good IF they do them in the order they recieved them but when I rang last week just wanting confirmation that they have received my letter they said they had 3 bags of mail to enter into the system and none of them had been entered.I am sorry but I am not whinging about how long it will take to receive my ps3 but would like confirmation that my claim has been received.

Maybe its me but would have thought if sony was gonna offer a promo like this(which is a great promo) that they would be more prepared for the huge influx off claims that have happened.The only other thing that concerns me is that in the terms and conditions it states if they run out of stock that they can replace it with something else. :rolleyes:

WHAT: KDL40XBR

WHEN: 05/01/2008

WHERE: Jb hi fi

HOW MUCH: $3161 for tv + $339 for extended 5 years warrenty

MAILED: 05/01/2008

What KDL 40W3100

When 4/1/08

Where JB Hi Fi Noarlunga

How Much $2450 + Extended Warranty for $279

Mailed 6/1/08

Staus : Waiting

JB had some in stock... most places didn't

Good a pretty good deal on some other things I bought at the same time too

Just installed the TV...v e ry happy with it

This will be my second PS3... keeps my son off my 60 gig model... and it's a second blu ray..

Very happy with the deal

I couldn't find any reference to... if you're not home the PS3 will be posted at furhter cost

Someone mentioned that but maybe I dreamt it

Hi,

Can someone please clarify something for me. In the details provided on how to claim your PS3 ...

"Put the proof of purchase and serial number in an envelope, and write your name, address and unique registration code on the back. Post to:"

Where exactly do I write my name, address and unique registration code ... on the back of the envelope or the back of the proof of purchase and serial number

Hope someone can clear this up for me ..

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Xan

Hi,

Can someone please clarify something for me. In the details provided on how to claim your PS3 ...

"Put the proof of purchase and serial number in an envelope, and write your name, address and unique registration code on the back. Post to:"

Where exactly do I write my name, address and unique registration code ... on the back of the envelope or the back of the proof of purchase and serial number

Hope someone can clear this up for me ..

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Xan

Put a copy of your receipt and a serial number section cut out of your tv's box into an envelope.

On the back of that envelope put your name, address and your redemption code.

Then mail it to Sony.

Put a copy of your receipt and a serial number section cut out of your tv's box into an envelope.

On the back of that envelope put your name, address and your redemption code.

Then mail it to Sony.

Thanks for your reply. One last question ...

Do I put the actual serial no section cutout .. or a COPY of the serial no section cutout

My concern is that if it doesn't reach Sony then I want to have the original so I can resend it ...

Cheers

Xan

Thanks for your reply. One last question ...

Do I put the actual serial no section cutout .. or a COPY of the serial no section cutout

My concern is that if it doesn't reach Sony then I want to have the original so I can resend it ...

Cheers

Xan

My X series box had 4+ serial number sections on it from memory.

You are required to put the actual cutout in the envelope not a copy of it.

I simply used a sharp knife to peal the very top layer of cardboard and the serial number white label off of the box.

If your worried about delivery then send it via registered mail which requires Sony to sign for it when they receive it, in addition you can ask for notification of delivery, whereby a postcard is sent back to you once Sony has signed for the envelope.

Edited by klif-e

My X series box had 4+ serial number sections on it from memory.

You are required to put the actual cutout in the envelope not a copy of it.

I simply used a sharp knife to peal the very top layer of cardboard and the serial number white label off of the box.

If your worried about delivery then send it via registered mail which requires Sony to sign for it when they receive it, in addition you can ask for notification of delivery, whereby a postcard is sent back to you once Sony has signed for the envelope.

Great .. thanks for the info mate

I purchased a 52" Bravia XBR on 30th Dec. Details:

WHAT: KDL52XBR

WHEN: 30/12/2007

WHERE: Retravision Knox City, Victoria [original salesman was Len Gardner on 29/12, then Aidan Pivetta on 30/12]

HOW MUCH: Package deal of the TV and 4yr extended warranty - TV invoiced at $5231, +4yr Warranty at $369. Extra $30 to deliver. Delivery ETA mid Jan 2008

MAILED: Not yet, waiting on TV to be delivered for serial number.

Another relative of mine then purchased the 46" from the same salesman on 31/12, paid $3750 for the TV. Both of us wanted to take advantage of the Amex offer (10 bonus points for every $ spent at certain electrical stores) that finished 31/12.

cheers

Kevin

Kevin, that's a cracking good deal mate! well done!

if you don't mind at all, could you email me a copy of your receipt so i could use that as a "tool" to get a similar price as what you had.

my email is j3n24 at hotmail dot com

thanks mate

WHAT: KDL40x3100

WHEN: 29/12/2007

WHERE: The Good Guys Lutwyche.

HOW MUCH: 2900 + 200 for extra 2 years

STATUS: Registered, no confirm email, didn't actually mail the serial in as i wanted to keep the box with no cuts as I'll be moving soon. The chick on the call line said a photo of the back of the tv with the serial should do, so i made sure i took some photos of the box too.

MAILED: Sent normal post 4/1/07. Now we play the waiting game.

GoodGuys were the first place i walked into, they had 2 40x's in stock, one display, one boxed. Got a price of 2999 to start with as he knew i wanted it then and there, mentioned that they were ticketed at 2960 @ clives, straight away he said 2900. I ducked up to JB's but they had nothing left in stock at all, and by the looks every other retailer was just about sold out to, so I went back and did the deal. Overall I'm pretty happy with it so far!

If anyone has a scan for a better price for the 40" x series I'd love a copy to claim the cash back difference from the GG's.

Edited by wasas

Regarding where to write my registration number.... I'm pretty sure we're meant to write it on the back of the envelope with the address as mentioned before

However I also prinetd it on to A4 paper with address and stuck the serial number and receipt copy onto that

(always think an envelope can go missing)

The serial number peeled off easily for me

No confirmation email though

40w

29/12/07

Bing Lee Rhodes

$2530 (tv $2274 + 10m hdmi cable $99 + Extra 4 year warranty $157)

Mailed 3/1/08

Edited by 7

Kevin, that's a cracking good deal mate! well done!

if you don't mind at all, could you email me a copy of your receipt so i could use that as a "tool" to get a similar price as what you had.

my email is j3n24 at hotmail dot com

thanks mate

G'day guys ive just registered to the DTV world, I work for a Major retailer in Victoria, and I came across this post, if you are interested in purchasing a 52XBR i can beat the price the Retra gave you, Feel free to email me if you would like some info,

Regards,

Adam.