Sign in to follow this  
P.Archer

Sony Bravia- Bonus Ps3 Offer

Thanks for sharing your experience's guys it is much appreciated, i actually went to a m8's place today who has just purchased a 40"w3100 as well, and yeah i think i am going to be more than happy!, we looked at some dvds and they did look pretty good but both of us are keen to see how a BLU-RAY movie looks in comparison, and far out i could have sat and just watch the ( whats the word i am looking for ) test footage in high def! on southern cross that just plays over and over, lol i could have watched that for hours absolutely beautiful lol, oh well hopefully not to long to wait now. Thanks again guys for the input cheers.

I thought this was supposed to be a thread on prices and how long it took to get the ps3.

There is already a bravia owners thread for general discussion.

I am so very tempted by this. I currently have a Pioneer PDP-436 Plasma and would like a larger screen.

I honestly (dont laugh) only saw BluRay on a proper 1080p display for the first time yesterday. (52x) I really have never seen anything like it before. It just looks so different. Like the individual on screen is really in the foreground. lol. Dont know how to explain it but you all obviously know what I mean from your own experiences.

Ive got about 50 BluRay movies now and it doesnt look like im going to stop buying anytime soon. So I guess a 1080p display is the next move and relegate the Pio to the bedroom. (if it can fit). If I could pick up a 46x for less than $3600 (seems possible) and sell off the PS3 (400-600) then this would be very nice. Also, I have an older 60GB PS3 which I might even fetch higher $$ for and keep the 'new' PS3. This would certainly reduce my outlay to close to $3k max.

I guess the only thing that worries me is going from a Plasma to LCD and the few drawbacks that come with it. (contrast etc). I know Plasma is more forgiving to SD content also and sport. (from what ive seen before).

Edited by elisiX

I thought this was supposed to be a thread on prices and how long it took to get the ps3.

There is already a bravia owners thread for general discussion.

yeah, seeing as no one has got their ps3 yet, things have started to get off topic

yeah, seeing as no one has got their ps3 yet, things have started to get off topic

Back on topic:

What: KDL40X3100

When: 27/12/2007

Where: Harvey Norman Munno Para (Adelaide)

How Much: $3280 (including delivery and 4 year extended warranty)

Mailed In: 31/12/2007

What: KDL46X3100

When: 29/12/2007

Where: Dick Smith Powerhouse Springwood (Brisbane)

How Much: $3100

Mailed In: 2/1/2008

What:KDL40W3100

When:21/12/2007

Where:Truscotts(Parafield)Adelaide

How much:$3199 with 5 year warranty(sony 1 year+4year ext.) +component cables,aerial cable and phillips screen cleaning kit and delivery.Tv price $2799.

Mailed on the 24/12/2007

Status:Still Waiting.NO email confirmation.Rang the enq line today and they said not to worry about email.But have to ring back middle of next week to find out if they have recieved my letter.

Edited by sLug

Man that a crazy price!.

Average is $3500-3700.

What:KDL40W3100

When:21/12/2007

Where:Truscotts(Parafield)Adelaide

How much:$3199 with 5 year warranty(sony 1 year+4year ext.) +component cables,aerial cable and phillips screen cleaning kit and delivery.Tv price $2799.

Mailed on the 24/12/2007

Status:Still Waiting.NO email confirmation.Rang the enq line today and they said not to worry about email.But have to ring back middle of next week to find out if they have recieved my letter.

Sounds like the wait will be at least 2+ weeks for anyone.. unless everyone took a break over chrissy..

Sounds like the wait will be at least 2+ weeks for anyone.. unless everyone took a break over chrissy..

Not fussed when I get it just want some sort of confirmation that they have recieved my letter and online app. reckon the wait will more than likely be longer.

They say that some computers block the html but dont understand this ,have never had problems recieving any emails.

Not fussed when I get it just want some sort of confirmation that they have recieved my letter and online app. reckon the wait will more than likely be longer.

They say that some computers block the html but dont understand this ,have never had problems recieving any emails.

yeah, once they confirm our redemptions we can all stop worrying

I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for the goods to arrive in any hurry. It seems that Sony as well as every other Australian distributor (Toshiba & Apple to name a couple) that offers cash back promotions seems to average a couple of months before getting the goods to you.

I bought a Sony Camcorder in mid-October with a $100 cash back promo, and I'm still waiting to see the colour of their money. :angry2:

Just spoke to a lady on the 'Claim Enquiry ' number regarding approximate date of delievery as Im moving house in mid to late Jan.

She told me it would be about 5 to 6 weeks before they start sending out the PS3.

I was just worried it would be sent to my old address and new owners of my house would of got a 'Free PS3' thrown in! :unsure:

Just spoke to a lady on the 'Claim Enquiry ' number regarding approximate date of delievery as Im moving house in mid to late Jan.

She told me it would be about 5 to 6 weeks before they start sending out the PS3.

I was just worried it would be sent to my old address and new owners of my house would of got a 'Free PS3' thrown in! :unsure:

5-6 week wait for something that has labelled 'please allow 28 days for delivery'? whaaa?

that is rediculous I expect it to be here late January, any longer than 28 days and I'll be pissed.

Perhaps it should say "28 business days"?

yeah, it does say 28 working days or business days or something

and if that 28 days is only for delivery, who knows how long before they send the ps3s out

and if that 28 days is only for delivery, who knows how long before they send the ps3s out

From the form itself (i printed out the last section):

"You'll recieve your PLAYSTATION3 within approximately 28 working days of the receipt of your valid claim. For all claim enquiries, please call 1800 822 170."

The words "working days" and "receipt of your valid claim" are probably the important parts.

Will be good to hear from someone when they get their PS3...

I'm pretty sure it says it's 28 days until they post it. So delivery time is extra on top of that.

I'm not expecting mine any time soon, I'll be happy as long as it turns up before easter!

Posted my claim today.....but just realised that I put the wrong receipt in the mail :blink:

This is going to be a pain.

Hey Trawler,

Any chance you could send me a copy of the receipt for this? Did you get extra warranty on top and if so how much? Got quoted $3100 for the W series 46" today at Good Guys in Nth Brisbane and $3419 with an extra 4 year warranty.

So please send me a copy of the receipt so I can possibly get the X series for the price of a W series!!!

When I called them today they told me they had 3 boxs of mail that had not been looked at yet.

I got a UMD holder when they did the PSP offer. I ended up getting a couple of them. I wonder if I will be that lucky with the PS3 :)