Sony Bravia- Bonus Ps3 Offer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest neilk1503562102
Ye i've been waiting since January (purchased TV jan 24).

I did however find a support feedback email thingamajig...

http://www.sony.com.au/support/contactus/c...ategoryId=22847.

For the category just put down "promotion" and send an email. Hopefully they'll get back to you.

I have tried this feedback method as well as the fax to Tokyo mentioned previously. I sent them both yesterday so interested to see what responses i get, if any. I did not mention anything about compensation, so will see if that subject comes up.

I have tried this feedback method as well as the fax to Tokyo mentioned previously. I sent them both yesterday so interested to see what responses i get, if any. I did not mention anything about compensation, so will see if that subject comes up.

What did you say in your feedback message?

Guest neilk1503562102
What did you say in your feedback message?

Whatever I said must have worked as I have just received a voicemail while away from my desk and also an email that my PS3 has been shipped today. The message from a Derek at Sony referred directly to the fax I sent to Japan. Below is what I put in the message sent via the Sony feedback link and my fax was pretty similar. In the fax I also mentioned local consumer protection authorities as someone had mentioned earlier (ACCC). At the bottom is the mesage I received back via email:

"I am contacting you to express my disatisfaction with the delays in my receiving the Bonus PS3 after purchasing a Sony Bravia KDL46X3100 in January of this year. After waiting until March to receive the Bravia I registered my purchase so the PS3 could be sent and sat back to wait for the 28 days I was informed was the time required for delivery. I have since received an email informing me the PS3 will not be posted until 12-May. Following the initial delays in receiving the Bravia, this has now become ridiculous. There seems to be no shortage of stock in the stores so after purchasing the Bravia in good fath, I am not sure why we are being placed on the bottom of the pile. I say "we" because I have read on various forums that there are quite a few in the same boat. My son has been asking daily if there is any word on the PS3, but I can only tell him that he will have to be patient-not easy for a 10 year-old. This seems to be generating quite a bit of negative publicity for Sony, but I'm sure you have staff familiar with the various sites that are discussing this topic. I hope something can be done to correct this situation soon."

********************************************************************************

"This is a courtesy email to inform you we tried to contact you today regarding the Bravia Playstation 3 promotion. We were unable to get through and so left a message.We would to let you know that your Playstation 3 has been despatched today via Australia Post e-Parcel (tracking number - XXXXXXXXXXXX).

We apologize for the delay incurred, however, please appreciate that retail stock (as you have detailed in the fax) cannot be used for the purposes of this promotion. Should you wish to discuss this further, we suggest that you contact our Customer Infoline on 1300 13 7669 (Mon - Fri 8am-6pm. EST), with your CASE #XXXX. This service is designed for certain types of enquiries that can be resolved more efficiently over the phone where one of our trained officers can provide you with the assistance you require.

Regards,

Derek

Sony Australia

Customer Contact Centre

Tell us what you think!

We want to know what you think of our email and phone support.

Simply fill in our short survey at http://www.sony.com.au/CustomerContactSurvey"

hey guys, i know u all probably got your TV during the deal, but would anyone know the current 'market' price for the 52" XBR??

i know that u can always haggle down whatever is listed, just wondering if anyone know whats the best possible price.

thanks =) !!!

Guest neilk1503562102
Nice one neilk,

But I wonder if they're going to send one of the 'noisy fan' returns that they probably have an abundant supply of?

The thought had crossed my mind, but I will wait and see. A few more faxes would be flying if there is any doubt about the quality of the PS3 that eventually arrives!! I also thought if I'd waited patiently I may get some sort of compensation which has been mentioned previously-games and such. Will be interested to see if anyone receives any sort of freebies, eventually.

Guest Gino_WKC
hey guys, i know u all probably got your TV during the deal, but would anyone know the current 'market' price for the 52" XBR??

i know that u can always haggle down whatever is listed, just wondering if anyone know whats the best possible price.

thanks =) !!!

Through Shoprite ( www.shoprite.com.au ) which is only available to union members in WA. This is on the website.

Sony LCD TV KDL52XBR

130cm (52") Full HD LCD TV

1920 x 1080p LCD panel

Motionflow 100Hz

Integrated HD Digital Tuner

BRAVIA Engine PRO

10 Bit Panel

WCG-CCFL backlight 2nd generation

3 x HDMI Inputs

Theatre Mode

24p True Cinema

x.v.Colour

Photo TV HD

BRAVIA Theatre Sync

Normally: $5999

Shop Rite Price: $4900*

SAVE: $1099!

*PLUS RECEIVE $300 CASH BACK

Call 1300 650 214 & say

you saw this ad.

HI .. i know this promotion is over ... but say i saw a cashback offer on any product, i bought it, photocopied the receipt, got the serial number and returned it and got everything i needed to redeem the cashback offer... how does the manuafacturer know not to give me the cashback offer?

HI .. i know this promotion is over ... but say i saw a cashback offer on any product, i bought it, photocopied the receipt, got the serial number and returned it and got everything i needed to redeem the cashback offer... how does the manuafacturer know not to give me the cashback offer?

Well, assuming the TV is sold to someone else during the promotion - they'll get two claims for the same serial No.

The T&C for the PS3 offer included (from memory) their right to come get it back if you lied, or returned the TV.

According to them, someone DID claim with my serial No before me (although my TV def. had not been out the box previously) - but that got sorted.

Oops - dpouble posted- but will take this opportunity to poit out - I got told I wasn't going to get my PS3 until May - then got an email saying someone else had claimed using my serial no.

They wanted me to send in my original receipt - I called and pointed out that I really didn't think I trusted tehm with an original - call centre promised someone from Sony would call back... and they did (I was surprised, to be honest) they said they had verified my claim (even though I had been told a month before that they had verified it) and that my PS3 would be sent before the end of the week. That was Wednesday - I got the PS3 on the following Wednesday.

Funny how they dodn't have any stock and now one appears (and the fan isn't noisy - it all looks fine and dandy (although teh HDMI cable does appear to be loose - could be my cheap cable).

So, I'm happy (well, relieved) even though it was meant to be a present for my son- and I had to buy somethng else as his brithday came and went with no PS3). I sent a leter suggesting SOny might want to compensate me with a free game - but no response...

Maybe they could give us all some credit on the sony online store?

Edited by maxxx

Anyone got any replies after firing some emails at Sony HQ?

I did the usual, demand for more freebies as the cost of the TV reduced in the 2 months of waiting and 5 months for the PS3 delay. I am one of the unlucky 2007 Dec buyers still waiting for their PS3 delivery.

Geez i feel for you guys. That is just totally unacceptable. Without a word of a lie, id be marching into JB (or wherever u bought it) with my reciept & explain to them if they dont hand me one over off the shelf before i count to 3, ill be grabbing it myself & walking out, on the way telling every customer what a f'd up sysstem they have . Deat set! Let em call the cops ill explain to them they re-negged on their contract. Absolutely ridiculous!!!!! I bought my Bravia & PS3 seperatley & just feel for you guys missing out the goodness. Lemon!

Anyone got any replies after firing some emails at Sony HQ?

I did the usual, demand for more freebies as the cost of the TV reduced in the 2 months of waiting and 5 months for the PS3 delay. I am one of the unlucky 2007 Dec buyers still waiting for their PS3 delivery.

you must of took ur sweet time making ur claim, everyone including me has gotten theres a montht o date around the time frame...

Geez i feel for you guys. That is just totally unacceptable. Without a word of a lie, id be marching into JB (or wherever u bought it) with my reciept & explain to them if they dont hand me one over off the shelf before i count to 3, ill be grabbing it myself & walking out, on the way telling every customer what a f'd up sysstem they have . Deat set! Let em call the cops ill explain to them they re-negged on their contract. Absolutely ridiculous!!!!! I bought my Bravia & PS3 seperatley & just feel for you guys missing out the goodness. Lemon!

And you would end up in Jail for doing so. The offer of the free PS3 is made by Sony Australia Limited - not the retailer.

There is no legal obligation for the retailer to provide you with the PS3. They contracted to sell you a TV when they made the offer for sale.

Sony Australia made the offer of redemption which was contracted upon you completing the redemption paperwork and accepting the terms and conditions, so the liability falls totaly on Sony.

Also, you need to remember the stock os PS3's you see in the stores comes from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

The stock os PS3 provided for the redemption comes from Sony Australia Limited.

Two totally different legal entities which may be owned by the same parent in Japan but in Asutralia and for our legal requirements are two independant entities. Hence why there may be thousands of units you can see in stores, but none for the redemption.

Guest neilk1503562102
Whatever I said must have worked as I have just received a voicemail while away from my desk and also an email that my PS3 has been shipped today. The message from a Derek at Sony referred directly to the fax I sent to Japan. Below is what I put in the message sent via the Sony feedback link and my fax was pretty similar. In the fax I also mentioned local consumer protection authorities as someone had mentioned earlier (ACCC). At the bottom is the mesage I received back via email:

"I am contacting you to express my disatisfaction with the delays in my receiving the Bonus PS3 after purchasing a Sony Bravia KDL46X3100 in January of this year. After waiting until March to receive the Bravia I registered my purchase so the PS3 could be sent and sat back to wait for the 28 days I was informed was the time required for delivery. I have since received an email informing me the PS3 will not be posted until 12-May. Following the initial delays in receiving the Bravia, this has now become ridiculous. There seems to be no shortage of stock in the stores so after purchasing the Bravia in good fath, I am not sure why we are being placed on the bottom of the pile. I say "we" because I have read on various forums that there are quite a few in the same boat. My son has been asking daily if there is any word on the PS3, but I can only tell him that he will have to be patient-not easy for a 10 year-old. This seems to be generating quite a bit of negative publicity for Sony, but I'm sure you have staff familiar with the various sites that are discussing this topic. I hope something can be done to correct this situation soon."

********************************************************************************

"This is a courtesy email to inform you we tried to contact you today regarding the Bravia Playstation 3 promotion. We were unable to get through and so left a message.We would to let you know that your Playstation 3 has been despatched today via Australia Post e-Parcel (tracking number - XXXXXXXXXXXX).

We apologize for the delay incurred, however, please appreciate that retail stock (as you have detailed in the fax) cannot be used for the purposes of this promotion. Should you wish to discuss this further, we suggest that you contact our Customer Infoline on 1300 13 7669 (Mon - Fri 8am-6pm. EST), with your CASE #XXXX. This service is designed for certain types of enquiries that can be resolved more efficiently over the phone where one of our trained officers can provide you with the assistance you require.

Regards,

Derek

Sony Australia

Customer Contact Centre

Tell us what you think!

We want to know what you think of our email and phone support.

Simply fill in our short survey at http://www.sony.com.au/CustomerContactSurvey"

PS3 arrived yesterday, brand new, no fan noise, pristine. No freebies, but that was not really much of a chance. Good luck to everyone else-a fax as described previously seems to do the trick.

I talked to sony centre helpline a while back and they basically told me it was up with the promotion's department to include any freebies. They then transfered my call to that department and I complained about it explaining the entire scenario to them without letting them get away with sorry. They just told me they're a marketing company and cannot do much about it. The person on the phone completely understood where I was coming from (waiting 60/28 days) and told me she was going to note urgency under my name. She then told me to call the Sony Centre helpline and I told her that they did nothing but reroute me to promotions.

She then forwarded my call elsewhere (no idea lol). I spoke for 5mins to the phone operator and he was basically speechless. Realising this, I asked for the supervisor and he just transferred the call. I spoke to the supervisor, explained my concern about the breach of contract and all. He specified to me that 3x the expected order for ps3's came through and that the warehouse where all the PS3's are kept has literally been exhausted. He told me that no retailer now can even make purchases. I then went on about the compensation for those who have to wait more than a month and he just told me that he's already filed that 1000 times but they just get back to him with a "no". I was pretty much annoyed and kept nagging (lol) without any chance of a give up. I also told him about the "mysterious" GTA4 and GT5 Prologue packs appearing on shelves and all. The PS3 at the time of purchase of tv retailed $700 standalone. Now you get it at the same price with a bonus GT5 Prologue game, and i told him that we should be compensated for the difference in the giveaway since the price effective to the consumer had dropped $50.

With no choice he offered me a reward (cannot be used on PS3 parts or games).

1. $50 SonyStyle voucher to be used online.

2. 20% OFF SonyStyle voucher to be used online ($250 spend = $50 discount).

Since i had nothing to really purchase i just opted for the $50 voucher. So i guess i did get something out of it and now I am somewhat a bit more satisfied with Sony's cooperation. It would be an extra bonus to me if they ship our PS3's after May with the GTA4 or GT5PROLOGUE bundle pack. :D

Some compensation should be awarded I mean seriously... I bought my 52" Bravia before Christmas, all planned out that the TV would be a family Christmas Present and the children would get a PS3 and a few other random things seperately for christmas aswell.

We purchase the TV at a local dicksmiths and take it home the day of purchase but get told the Playstation would have to be ordered through the promotion. As everyone did we rang up the day of purchase and they inform us it should be with us within 2 weeks, shortly after Christmas (no biggie) and everyone was fine with that.

Two weeks pass and not one word. I gave it exactly 2 weeks hoping for at least a phone call to confirm a date or to delay but nothing. I end up ringing the hotline and after about 30 minutes of the guy trying to figure out what the delay is for he tells me that its short stocked and it should come 3 weeks from now.

I have a trip planned to Thailand for 2 weeks beginning of February and there is still no Playstation and I honestly don't want it showing up at my door step and never seen again. I ring up after the 3 weeks have passed and enquire to be told that they are STILL short stocked and it wouldnt be for ANOTHER month at least and I inform them of my predicament and they reassure me that if no one is at the premises upon delivery that they will keep it in holding etc.

I go on my trip and come back 2 weeks later, around the 20th of February and after a few days I realise that I was trying to get a Playstation that I originally "owned" in Mid December. I ring up a week and a half after I get back and enquire, they have NO records of my name being sent a Playstation 3, even though I have rang up a dozen times about it having to give these details on the fly everytime with no hitches. I know I shouldnt get frustrated over these things but damn!

After 40 minutes, yes 40 minutes on hold AFTER hearing that the offer would close sometime early march (soon!), I am told that my name doesn't exist at all in the database (yes, I was soo anxious I got them to spell my name in different ways) and whats more, the product number on the back of the TV wasnt even registered in the database alongside my name... *sigh*.

After all that and about 2 hours on the phone I am told that my PS3 will arrive on the 15th of May. I don't mean to be rude, but 5 MONTHS! At least it allowed me to decide on PS3 vs Xbox360 easily for GTA4...

I talked to sony centre helpline a while back and they basically told me it was up with the promotion's department to include any freebies. They then transfered my call to that department and I complained about it explaining the entire scenario to them without letting them get away with sorry. They just told me they're a marketing company and cannot do much about it. The person on the phone completely understood where I was coming from (waiting 60/28 days) and told me she was going to note urgency under my name. She then told me to call the Sony Centre helpline and I told her that they did nothing but reroute me to promotions.

She then forwarded my call elsewhere (no idea lol). I spoke for 5mins to the phone operator and he was basically speechless. Realising this, I asked for the supervisor and he just transferred the call. I spoke to the supervisor, explained my concern about the breach of contract and all. He specified to me that 3x the expected order for ps3's came through and that the warehouse where all the PS3's are kept has literally been exhausted. He told me that no retailer now can even make purchases. I then went on about the compensation for those who have to wait more than a month and he just told me that he's already filed that 1000 times but they just get back to him with a "no". I was pretty much annoyed and kept nagging (lol) without any chance of a give up. I also told him about the "mysterious" GTA4 and GT5 Prologue packs appearing on shelves and all. The PS3 at the time of purchase of tv retailed $700 standalone. Now you get it at the same price with a bonus GT5 Prologue game, and i told him that we should be compensated for the difference in the giveaway since the price effective to the consumer had dropped $50.

With no choice he offered me a reward (cannot be used on PS3 parts or games).

1. $50 SonyStyle voucher to be used online.

2. 20% OFF SonyStyle voucher to be used online ($250 spend = $50 discount).

Since i had nothing to really purchase i just opted for the $50 voucher. So i guess i did get something out of it and now I am somewhat a bit more satisfied with Sony's cooperation. It would be an extra bonus to me if they ship our PS3's after May with the GTA4 or GT5PROLOGUE bundle pack. :D

Do you remember who you spoke too?

I want to get in on that reward.