Sony Bravia- Bonus Ps3 Offer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, how true. Nothing worse than a whinger... except someone whinging about other people whinging? ... :lol::rolleyes::P

I've made numerous phone calls, and was eventually promised an email today from someone 'higher up'. Nothing has arrived in my inbox all day. So, tomorrow the level of action gets higher. I've just sent off my complaint to Consumer Affairs.. that may take a while... so more effective action will be undertaken tomorrow. I will let you know if I find anything out that will help. :rolleyes:

Keep us up to date with anything you hear from Consumer Affairs.

It's over...

What: KDL40X3100

When: 19/01/08

Where: The Good Guys, Carseldine QLD

Received TV: 25/02/08

Claim sent: 26/02/08

Processed: 28/02/08

PS3 Sent: 07/04/08

Received PS3: 10/04/08

You bought your TV 25 days after me and you received your PS3 already? Hmmm......

How many December 2007 customers do we have here still waiting for their PS3's? This is getting out of control.

Guest SnapCount
How many December 2007 customers do we have here still waiting for their PS3's? This is getting out of control.

1 here :(

Can anyone help me!!!

I Stupidly was moving my room around and my PS3 fell over and smashed to the floor. It now does not switch on! Can anyone advise if they are in WA and want to sell their PS3 they got with the Bravia promo??

Email rkid001@ii.net

Can anyone help me!!!

I Stupidly was moving my room around and my PS3 fell over and smashed to the floor. It now does not switch on! Can anyone advise if they are in WA and want to sell their PS3 they got with the Bravia promo??

Email rkid001@ii.net

Ohh... ho ho ho... ha ha ha...

I'll sell you mine for $700... you might not get it until may though? Do we have a deal? :)

Ohh... ho ho ho... ha ha ha...

I'll sell you mine for $700... you might not get it until may though? Do we have a deal? :)

I'm putting in an insurance claim today to see if we can claim it on in insurance. If that fails then I will have to look on here or eBay.

We have got Home & Contents so hopefully it will be covered.

Another here.

Purchased mine 28/12/07. Registered online 31/12/07.

I didn't receive the TV until March because of delivery problems caused by Sony.

So if 'numerical order' is the go, I should be getting mine before anyone else who registered after that. Of course, I'm not and supposedly have to wait until 'after' 12 May.

This is just BS. I'm quite angry with Sony.

I got this offer. But now i am having problems with my display i have one huge black line accress the screen. I have phoned sony an the repair date i have been given is 13-5-2008 for someone just to have a look at it.

NOT HAPPY JAN

Very poor support from Sony

I'm putting in an insurance claim today to see if we can claim it on in insurance. If that fails then I will have to look on here or eBay.

We have got Home & Contents so hopefully it will be covered.

Sorry for laughing before... just all the delays and frustration getting the better of me.

But yeah, maybe get a quote for getting it fixed? Or ... pull it apart yourself? Maybe you broke some solder on the switch... or power supply...

I got this offer. But now i am having problems with my display i have one huge black line accress the screen. I have phoned sony an the repair date i have been given is 13-5-2008 for someone just to have a look at it.

NOT HAPPY JAN

Very poor support from Sony

That's pathetic... I wouldn't call that support. Demand something sooner. We as consumers can't keep letting corporations get away with this stuff. Not only has your new tv stuffed up, but they leave you without support for so long! Outrageous!

Sorry for laughing before... just all the delays and frustration getting the better of me.

But yeah, maybe get a quote for getting it fixed? Or ... pull it apart yourself? Maybe you broke some solder on the switch... or power supply...

Ok, so called up support, they said will cost $395 to fix it.

Called up Insurance company and they said they would replace it, but with a 40gb Model. And they need to have proof it cannot be repaired. Which I cannot get as the only repair option will cost me $395 for a replacement.

I have a $100 insurance excess.

So basically I don't know what to do now, waiting to hear back from Insurance company.

Guest SnapCount

Well this sucks, just rang the hotline, said that my application was processed on the 28th of feb, i should have gotten an email which i didnt and so should be getting it sometime after the 24th of May :( So to sum it up:

What: KDL40W3100

When: 29/12/07

Where: JB HiFi Warrawong

Claim sent: 31/12/07

Processed: 28/02/08

Business Days waiting: 71 :(

Days since application sent: 104 :(

Guest neilk1503562102

With regard to the PS3, I have read that there is a firmware version to be released (already released?) that will allow the PS3 to play DivX movies. Can anyone who has receieved the PS3 (I'm still waiting) confirm whether the PS3 has this DivX functionality? Thanks

Guest giveway
With regard to the PS3, I have read that there is a firmware version to be released (already released?) that will allow the PS3 to play DivX movies. Can anyone who has receieved the PS3 (I'm still waiting) confirm whether the PS3 has this DivX functionality? Thanks

That was firmware 2.10 and yes it does play DIVX.

I have played my Top Gear series 10 Divx's from the internal HDD and streamed from my PC via both XP and Vista.

Some people mention some Divx's don't work due to the version of Divx used to encode them but all of mine work so far.

They are about to release V2.30 of the firmware.

What: KDL46X3100

When: 26/12/07

Where: Harvey Norman, Nunawading, Vic

Received TV: 10/01/08

Claim sent: 18/02/08 (couldn't destroy box for serial until we shifted house and set the tv up)

Processed: 22/02/08

PS3 Sent: 11/04/08

Received PS3: 14/04/08

Any of you guys waiting since around my times... all I can do is urge you to seek out someone higher than in a call centre... and don't take 'No' for an answer, or anything like 'I'll send you an email' or 'I'll get back to you'. They told me to wait until the 12th of may, but that wasn't acceptable, considering my agreement of 28 days with sony. Just make demands, such as 'I'm happy for you to send me $700 and I'll buy my own' or 'I'm happy to have you arrange with my nearest retailer to let me pick it up after work tonight' etc. Just don't take NO for an answer! Say you're sick of their apologies, and demand action. Remember the most important part, seek someone not in a call centre. Call centre's cannot do anything for you , as far as I could find out.

Guest Neale W

What: KDL40X3100

How much: $2,900

Where: Joyce Mayne, Sippy Downs, QLD

Bought TV: 20/1/08

Received TV: 11/4/08

Sent claim: 11/4/08

Processed: 15/4/08

PS3 received: Not yet. Estimate 12 May

hey all,

I sent my fax to Katsumi in Japan on Tuesday morning last week and got a call on Thursday from a Sony Rep in Australia, he basically said Sony was sorry and that they are short on supplies still, (crappy excuse) and said that they cant unfortunatley do it any quicker. I said its not good enough and he said Sony is currently discussing giving some free games or accessories to the Bravia promotional customers who are still waiting for there ps3 over the 28 day period. So mine is still looking at coming in mid May but the possiblility of some games or something gives me a bit of hope they might compensate us - which they should!

I think from here that we should start pushing them to give us some of these "free games"! Not sure who we could contact in order to get them seriously discussing the free games tho? any ideas? unless we fax Katsumi again with a fax demanding some free games

PS - In my fax I said that I would be lodging a complaint with ACCC, so maybe thats why they rang me so quickly.

cheers all

hey all,

I sent my fax to Katsumi in Japan on Tuesday morning last week and got a call on Thursday from a Sony Rep in Australia, he basically said Sony was sorry and that they are short on supplies still, (crappy excuse) and said that they cant unfortunatley do it any quicker. I said its not good enough and he said Sony is currently discussing giving some free games or accessories to the Bravia promotional customers who are still waiting for there ps3 over the 28 day period. So mine is still looking at coming in mid May but the possiblility of some games or something gives me a bit of hope they might compensate us - which they should!

I think from here that we should start pushing them to give us some of these "free games"! Not sure who we could contact in order to get them seriously discussing the free games tho? any ideas? unless we fax Katsumi again with a fax demanding some free games

PS - In my fax I said that I would be lodging a complaint with ACCC, so maybe thats why they rang me so quickly.

cheers all

I also had mentioned to me something "free" as some sort of compensation. And the names of those who were kept waiting were being put onto a list. But, I guess if no one demands anything, Sony will figure they can let it slide... so maybe it is a good idea to get onto them about the "compensation".