Sony Bravia- Bonus Ps3 Offer

Guest split_city

Day count: 54

Just called the 1800 number to get an update (got through first time) on my PS3. I was informed that a label has been printed and that I should expect to receive my PS3 mid to late next week. We shall wait and see I guess.

The joke of a promotion continues!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SnapCount

64 business days excluding public holidays

94 days since I've posted my redemption (31/12/07)

They way im going... i want the whole PS3 games collection!! :D

Edited by SnapCount

I have received a call from Sony top management guaranteeing my PS3 is to be despatched today!

You might want to use my system as Tactics Marketing Support - PO Box 293, Brookvale, NSW 2100 - p: (02) 8978 7300 f: (02) 8978 7301, who are behind the 1800 number which is rarely answered, confirmed that last week's delivery has not yet been distributed and in any case it was not enough to supply all customers. Tactics still put out the nonsense about Sony being overwhelmed by the response and can't supply despite the fact that DJ's, Harvey Norman, Toys are US etc etc have PS3's piled high. Sony wanted to be overwhelmed - that is why they had the promotion! And now they prefer more sales so they supply shops not us.

I obtained action by sending a fax to:

81 3 6748 2244

Katsumi Ihara

Executive Deputy President

Office in Charge of Consumer Products Group

Sony Corportation

Tokyo

You may like to use this approach.

hey GWA what exactly did you write in your fax that made them send your ps3 quicker

cause ive waited 5 weeks and im thinking of taking the same response as you did

P.S. thanks in advance

Man this is getting extremely annoying to see people who bought their TV's in January and Feb receive their PS3 and the buyers who forked out the $$ in December still waiting and it is approaching winter.

What's going on? How can new stock of PS3's goto people who bought the TV's recently when the December customers are still waiting? Even a preschooler would have a system that will pass out the first shipments of new PS3's to the longest waiting customer in that order. I think all the parcels and envelopes are stashed in one huge litter box and staff are plucking out one at a time to mail out without looking at the dates, etc.

Damn, I paid for my TV on the 27th of Dec. Received it end of Feb. Now 5 weeks after I posted the serial, still am waiting. I really think it is the people that ring up and make a fuss that are being put up higher, time to make the 5 calls a week drill.

Arrived home today to find an Australia post slip in the mailbox to say that i have a parcel to collect! It can only be the PS3.....i havent ordered or bought anything else! When i called on Tuesday the lady said it had been posted on monday....sounds about right.

posted claim form in about 10/2/08.

Hope to collect it tomorrow!

I just rang the hotline and was told my registration had been processed on the 5th March (I sent it late Feb after receiving TV). Also told not to expect PS3 until early May due to stock availability.

what is the number for the hotline?

I think it's time that I started ringing

Just received the email below from Sony. I am not impressed at all, over another month before my PS3 is shipped! I'm never buying a Sony product again! I will sell the PS3 when it arrives and buy an XBOX.

Sony - F U

Thank you once again for participating in the Sony Bonus PLAYSTATION®3 promotion with the purchase of your BRAVIA LCD TV. We have received your claim and everything has been validated.

Now for your PLAYSTATION®3.

We understand you've been waiting an exceptionally long time, far longer than we initially anticipated. Please accept our apologies for this frustrating situation and please be assured we're doing all we can to rectify it as quickly as possible.

As you're no doubt aware, we had an overwhelming response to this promotion – so much so that our substantial PLAYSTATION®3 stocks in Australia were quickly exhausted and we had to order more from overseas. Unfortunately, that takes time but we’re happy to report that the wait is at last almost over.

We'll be shipping your PLAYSTATION®3 to you from May 12.

Thank you for buying Sony and again, thank you for your continued patience. We're sorry for the delay in delivering your bonus PLAYSTATION®3 but it will be with you very soon.

Kind regards,

The Sony Team

Just received the email below from Sony. I am not impressed at all, over another month before my PS3 is shipped! I'm never buying a Sony product again! I will sell the PS3 when it arrives and buy an XBOX.

Sony - F U

Thank you once again for participating in the Sony Bonus PLAYSTATION®3 promotion with the purchase of your BRAVIA LCD TV. We have received your claim and everything has been validated.

We understand you've been waiting an exceptionally long time, far longer than we initially anticipated. Please accept our apologies for this frustrating situation and please be assured we're doing all we can to rectify it as quickly as possible.

As you're no doubt aware, we had an overwhelming response to this promotion – so much so that our substantial PLAYSTATION®3 stocks in Australia were quickly exhausted and we had to order more from overseas. Unfortunately, that takes time but we’re happy to report that the wait is at last almost over.

Thank you for buying Sony and again, thank you for your continued patience. We're sorry for the delay in delivering your bonus PLAYSTATION®3 but it will be with you very soon.

Kind regards,

The Sony Team

Yes I just got the same email, the tone of the email did feel a little patronising in my opinion. They offered their apologies for the delays - I was hoping they would be offering something a little more tangible, say like a free PS3 game!

I won't be buying from Sony again anytime soon, especially if I can't walk out the shop door with the purchase.

This is absolute crap. It will be over 100 days before I get my PS3, much longer than the stated 28 days. Not only haven't I got my PS3, i'm still annoyed about the fan noise some of their LCDs make and am still struggling to get that fixed. ARGH! What a bad purchase this turned out to be - I think i'll be avoiding Sony in the future now.

This is absolute crap. It will be over 100 days before I get my PS3, much longer than the stated 28 days. Not only haven't I got my PS3, i'm still annoyed about the fan noise some of their LCDs make and am still struggling to get that fixed. ARGH! What a bad purchase this turned out to be - I think i'll be avoiding Sony in the future now.

I suggest we all fax:

81 3 6748 2244

Katsumi Ihara

Sony Corportation

Tokyo

JAPAN

saying something like:

Dear Katsumi Ihara

I am writing to you to express my dissatisfaction with my treatment by Sony Australia over the Playstation 3 offer

I purchased a Sony Bravia on ... (date). I registered on-line for the Playstation bonus on ... (date). I sent in the proof of purchase and serial number from the Bravia box on ... (date).

I have not received my Playstation 3.

Today I received the following email:

'Thank you once again for participating in the Sony Bonus PLAYSTATION®3 promotion with the purchase of your BRAVIA LCD TV. We have received your claim and everything has been validated.

Kind regards,

The Sony Team'.

This is not good enough. I feel that I have been treated poorly by Sony Australia and am now expected to wait a further five weeks before they start shipping.

The excuse I have been given about the exhaustion of Playstation 3 stocks is not valid as stocks are available for sale in various retail outlets in Australia - I have seen them in a number of retail stores. It seems that Sony Australia is more interested in selling to new customers than honouring its contract with those who have already purchased.

I am very unhappy with Sony Australia.

I am bringing this matter to your attention in the hope that you may be able to rectify the situation.

Yours sincerely

(name)

Ditto.

Not only did I have to wait over a month for my screen to be delivered (stock issues) I know have to wait 5 months from purchase for the PS3

While I understand some issues, it was just really poor form not to include "something extra".

The reality is a PS3 game costs Sony close to nothing, it would be seen (at least by some including myself) as an act of good faith.

Sony need to wake up a little... for the cost of $20 they will now need to spend X3 the amount in advertising to "talk" people into buying Sony again.

Perhaps everyone should demand the cash equivalent from Sony, seeing as they didn't fulfill their end of the 28 day bargain.

If they say it's valued at $699, then they should just give you that money so you can go out and buy one of the thousands that are available in stores.

I suggest we all fax:

81 3 6748 2244

Katsumi Ihara

Sony Corportation

Tokyo

JAPAN

saying something like:

Dear Katsumi Ihara

I am writing to you to express my dissatisfaction with my treatment by Sony Australia over the Playstation 3 offer

I purchased a Sony Bravia on ... (date). I registered on-line for the Playstation bonus on ... (date). I sent in the proof of purchase and serial number from the Bravia box on ... (date).

I have not received my Playstation 3.

Today I received the following email:

'Thank you once again for participating in the Sony Bonus PLAYSTATION®3 promotion with the purchase of your BRAVIA LCD TV. We have received your claim and everything has been validated.

Kind regards,

The Sony Team'.

This is not good enough. I feel that I have been treated poorly by Sony Australia and am now expected to wait a further five weeks before they start shipping.

The excuse I have been given about the exhaustion of Playstation 3 stocks is not valid as stocks are available for sale in various retail outlets in Australia - I have seen them in a number of retail stores. It seems that Sony Australia is more interested in selling to new customers than honouring its contract with those who have already purchased.

I am very unhappy with Sony Australia.

I am bringing this matter to your attention in the hope that you may be able to rectify the situation.

Yours sincerely

(name)

Thanks for that, just faxed it with a few minor additions:

This is not good enough. I feel that I have been treated poorly by Sony Australia and am now expected to wait a further five weeks before they start shipping. This is well outside the 28 working days I was promised.

I am very unhappy with Sony Australia and have lost faith in the company which I have been a loyal customer for many years.

Yours sincerely

Thanks for that, just faxed it with a few minor additions:

This is not good enough. I feel that I have been treated poorly by Sony Australia and am now expected to wait a further five weeks before they start shipping. This is well outside the 28 working days I was promised.

I am very unhappy with Sony Australia and have lost faith in the company which I have been a loyal customer for many years.

Yours sincerely

I am investigating wther or not sony have stiffed me by sending me a refurbished unit to start with. In another post i asked wther or not the ps3 has a void sticker and Firstok George replied that it has. I cannot see one anywhere on mine. if someone could post a picture that would be great.

If this is the case i would like to have the info be passed on to today tonight also.

My ps3 has very loud fan noise and although they have said they will replace it they said they will only replace it with a refurbished unit because i have had it for more than a month. Nowhere in the guarantee do they make mention of this.

Does anyone else from the bravia promo have a void sticker on theirs?

Cancel that i found it. Still pissed they will only replace it for a refurb.

Edited by adjac

Well i can report that i collected my PS3 from the post office this afternoon. All plugged in and working. Even went and hired a PS3 game and a Blu-Ray movie to test it out! B)

I sent my paper work in about 10/2/08 so i didnt have to wait too long....i can see how some of you who have been waiting since december would be peeved.

Maybe Sony could look into supplying a voucher or something that you can present to a store claim a PS3??

I called sony up today to ask them status of my claim and they said that it should arrive early next week.. i hope so!!

i sent in at 20-02-08 and they said they processed it 25-02-08. I didnt get the email that you guys are all getting.. so hopefully i can get mine soon..sorry about you other guys..

Good luck :)

I am investigating wther or not sony have stiffed me by sending me a refurbished unit to start with. In another post i asked wther or not the ps3 has a void sticker and Firstok George replied that it has. I cannot see one anywhere on mine. if someone could post a picture that would be great.

If this is the case i would like to have the info be passed on to today tonight also.

My ps3 has very loud fan noise and although they have said they will replace it they said they will only replace it with a refurbished unit because i have had it for more than a month. Nowhere in the guarantee do they make mention of this.

Does anyone else from the bravia promo have a void sticker on theirs?

Cancel that i found it. Still pissed they will only replace it for a refurb.

I could swap ps3s with you if you want.

I have a warranty where i spilled a beer on it and it was replaced instanlt. The manager looks after me at eb games. Propbably cause a i run a company that gives him free skydiving. But i could swap with you and then i could get a new one through my extended warranty with him. Even if my puppies chew my ps3 he will replace it instantly under this warranty.

Can someone tell me the email address for Sony's complaint center or similar. I cannot find their email address on their website. If more December 2007 purchasers complain that we have been shafted when people who bought their TV's in Jab/Feb are getting their PS3's already, they might start allocating PS3's it date order.

Totally unacceptable to ignore the TV purchase date order.