Sony Bravia- Bonus Ps3 Offer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont forget people that (i think) Sony said they are processing the redemption in order of purchase date, not mail date

although that doesnt make much sense when you think about it in some ways

does make sense at all considering i bought on the 21st and sent out express same day..

Bah... this PS3 is costing me all the money I was saving to buy a 27'' LCD Monitor. Just bought the Monster 2m cable for $70 (RRP $150) and Fifa 2008 for $85.

Harvey Norman O'Connor (for people in Perth) has a small selection of blu-ray titles and they are all 1/2 price!!

Just bought the Monster 2m cable for $70 (RRP $150).

Harvey Norman O'Connor (for people in Perth) has a small selection of blu-ray titles and they are all 1/2 price!!

Ahhhh another victim of Monster marketing! Hey for future reference there is a guy on here (Foxtail) selling HDMI cables for half that price and everyone who has bought one speaks highly of them!

Ahhhh another victim of Monster marketing! Hey for future reference there is a guy on here (Foxtail) selling HDMI cables for half that price and everyone who has bought one speaks highly of them!

I know about both.. and know the quality will be exactly the same. But I figured, I'd rather spend an extra $40 and get proven quality and reliability.

I've had lots of Monster stuff (including my surge protector) and they have all done their job very well.

dont forget people that (i think) Sony said they are processing the redemption in order of purchase date, not mail date

although that doesnt make much sense when you think about it in some ways

RAISE HANDS... highly agree with this dude... i was awaked this morning @ 7.15 by stranger whom just drop me a brown parcel box and quickly ran back to the white van...god damn was thinking did someone send me the threat? LOL jk , i'd seen on the other side of parcel written PS3 redeemed...

I'd purchased mine 40" w (2190+delivery+2 hdmi) on 31/12 (wow my NY resolution aye) then got it delivered on 2/1 (delay for one day as they closed on 1/1) . I'd registered on 1/1 and send my serial out via registered post on 4/1 (right just before post office close @5) so pretty much my mail was delivered to SONY on 7/1, arrive there around 8-9/1 and HERE the 11/1 i'd recieved....!!!!

I'm very satisfied with sony redeemtion team. Anyway i'll need to buy another hdmi cable for my PS3. Therefore i would like to ask u guys, are there any difference between the brand name one( belkin-monster worth triple of the dse one) COMPARE to the dse brand which cost around 30 as in aspect of PQ - SQ?

Also i'll need to get an optical switch board ( with @ least 3 inputs) too as it's a shame to say yeh i'm one of the newbies who fall for htib tread (it's worth for what its price , i guess). So r we here know any information about this optical fibre switch of its price - location of where can i obtain its and its performance ( i've bravia 40" w + panasonic sc-pt850w htib+ ps3+ foxtel + upcoming hd dvd <---- now u see why do i desperate to get an switch... my htib only has 1 opt fibre on its panel

Please excuse my stupidity for being another newbies here ... any help in regard will be highly appreciated.... many thx

RAISE HANDS... highly agree with this dude... i was awaked this morning @ 7.15 by stranger whom just drop me a brown parcel box and quickly ran back to the white van...god damn was thinking did someone send me the threat? LOL jk , i'd seen on the other side of parcel written PS3 redeemed...

I'd purchased mine 40" w (2190+delivery+2 hdmi) on 31/12 (wow my NY resolution aye) then got it delivered on 2/1 (delay for one day as they closed on 1/1) . I'd registered on 1/1 and send my serial out via registered post on 4/1 (right just before post office close @5) so pretty much my mail was delivered to SONY on 7/1, arrive there around 8-9/1 and HERE the 11/1 i'd recieved....!!!!

I'm very satisfied with sony redeemtion team. Anyway i'll need to buy another hdmi cable for my PS3. Therefore i would like to ask u guys, are there any difference between the brand name one( belkin-monster worth triple of the dse one) COMPARE to the dse brand which cost around 30 as in aspect of PQ - SQ?

Also i'll need to get an optical switch board ( with @ least 3 inputs) too as it's a shame to say yeh i'm one of the newbies who fall for htib tread (it's worth for what its price , i guess). So r we here know any information about this optical fibre switch of its price - location of where can i obtain its and its performance ( i've bravia 40" w + panasonic sc-pt850w htib+ ps3+ foxtel + upcoming hd dvd <---- now u see why do i desperate to get an switch... my htib only has 1 opt fibre on its panel

Please excuse my stupidity for being another newbies here ... any help in regard will be highly appreciated.... many thx

which state are you in o4k?

Wooo hoo recieved mine this morning bright and early,now just got get some movies and some games.I am in SA.Quick questions what difference is there between hdmi and component connection is it only the fact that you can do DD7.1?

do you need to switch the controller of when not in use if so how(have checked the manual but cannot find any reference to this). :rolleyes:

sent mine off on the 24th

Edited by sLug

Wooo hoo recieved mine this morning bright and early,now just got get some movies and some games.I am in SA.Quick questions what difference is there between hdmi and component connection is it only the fact that you can do DD7.1?

do you need to switch the controller of when not in use if so how(have checked the manual but cannot find any reference to this). :rolleyes:

Component

- Analog video signal

- Carries no audio signal

HDMI

- Digital video signal

- Carries audio signal in either PCM, AC3, DTS and all the new fancy HD audio formats.

Component is good, but HDMI is better.

The guys just left the parcel on your doorstep? Didn't ask for a signature? Thats worrying.

I'm pretty sure you cannot get high definition picture with component.

Guest emotive1503560110

What: KDL40W3100

When: 26/12/2007

Where: Harvey Norman (Knox, VIC)

How Much: $2350

Mailed In: 26/12/07 via express post

Hey team,

first time poster :) loving the chat going on..

Purchased a sonb xbr 40 inch over the holidays :) yay me but for $3500.

After reading on this forum that ppl payed a lot less than that at other places I went back to the GG who said if I can produce a receipt of a cheaper xbr 40 inch they will look after me..

I thought it was a pretty dodge thing to ask for but after reading this thread I see that ppl have no problem exchanging receipts so hey if you can help me out and have bought an XBR 40inch for less than $3500 (the lower the better obviously hahaha) any chance you could email me a copy of it?

blobby_fat@hotmail.com

Appreciate any assistance or advice one might have.

Loving the forum here :)

Cheers

S.

A few people asked about this, so i thought i might give a detailed answer

What use is a larger capacity hard drive for the ps3?

1) Remember the ps2? It only had 8MB memory cards, and i think nearly everyone who had one ended up deleting some game saves at some stage to free up space. Either sony thought 8MB would be enough memory, or wanted us to buy lots of overpriced memory cards.

I can confidently say that the same issue will occur with the ps3's 40GB hard drive. eventually it will fill up with the following:

2) DLC. Thanks to the playstation online store, you can download lots of game demos, or buy full version games to save to your hard drive

3) Play TV. When this comes out, you will want a fair bit of space available on your HDD to record your favourite shows.

4) Movies, music, videos. Besides that of which you download, a lot of you will have your own stuff that you want to put on the HDD for viewing and listening.

5) Game save data. As mentioned earlier on in this topic, some upcoming games require large amounts of free disk space (some need around 5GB) in order to run smoothly

6) Convenience. This applies if you upgrade your HDD sooner rather than later. Eventually, when you do decide to upsize your ps3 HDD, you will need to back up all your current media to an external storage device. Then reinstall it onto the higher capacity HDD. However, you cannot backup copyright material. Any games etc, bought from the PS store will need to be downloaded again (free of charge). So if you want to save yourself the trouble of re-downloading stuff, its best to upgrade sooner.

I hope this has helped some people on deciding whether or not to upgrade

Guys for 1.5M HDMI cables, go to Dick Smith. They have them for $50 and if you haggle you could probably bring it down to $30 or so.

Even $50 seems overly excessive for a cable. Think about it - 10% of PS3 price for a freakin' cable.

I've just bought 2 meter HDMI v1.3 cable from www.OO.Com.Au for $12.95 which works perfectly. They deliver for like $6 but I just walked into the store and grabbed it.

Check out this PC World article on cables:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,121777-page,1/article.html

don't get yourselves ripped off

Even $50 seems overly excessive for a cable. Think about it - 10% of PS3 price for a freakin' cable.

I've just bought 2 meter HDMI v1.3 cable from www.OO.Com.Au for $12.95 which works perfectly. They deliver for like $6 but I just walked into the store and grabbed it.

Check out this PC World article on cables:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,121777-page,1/article.html

don't get yourselves ripped off

MSY has 5m HDMI cables for $15

Im getting one today, so ill see if theyre any good

uh oh

purchased my ps3 27/12 and it hasnt arrived yet

going on holidays tomorrow

when i get back ill surely have to go down to the post office and blow the dust off of the package

Just make sure they don't send it back to sony because its an "undelivered package".

lol, that would bring you straight down after your holiday.

Not that its an issue with the Bravia as ull be using HDMI but yes component does 1080p.

I'm hearing conflicting reports. A mate of mine told me that only HDMI could display 1080p, but you and some people of this thread say otherwise.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=675595

Edited by hype

Guys for 1.5M HDMI cables, go to Dick Smith. They have them for $50 and if you haggle you could probably bring it down to $30 or so.

U should read the other forum - http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=56228

Foxtail is selling HDMI for much better price than that.

http://www.hdmioz.com/

From the reviews in the forum - good service and a good price.

Urban.