Sony Bravia- Bonus Ps3 Offer

What: KDL46X3100

When: 29/12/2007

Where: Dick Smith Powerhouse Springwood (Brisbane)

How Much: $3100

Mailed In: 2/1/2008

Hi,

could I get a copy of your receipt? It would be really useful to get the price down here on teh Gold Coast! Thanks mate!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What: 40x3100(was thinking about this one: KDL70X3500 70IN XBR $69,999.00 AUD inc. GST) lol but decided against it

When: saturday 5th january

Where: jb hifi kotara (newcastle)

How Much: 2900 + 279 warranty

Mailed In: monday 7th jan morning

Status: obviously waiting for another 6 weeks or so :wacko: thanks sony

cant wait to see blu rays (well there isnt any games on ps3 lol).

atm i have my xbox 360 going 1080p with vga and regular dvd's upscaled look spectacular, i cant imagine a better picture quality! bring on bd.

Edited by Disease

What: 46X3100

When: 29th December

Where: Harvey Norman Warrawong

How Much: $3600 + $320 warranty

Hi, first time poster.

Paid for and ordered the TV on the 29/12 (out of stock) and was also told by Harvey Norman that they would source one from another store. Received it yesterday and love it. Not sure if they sourced it from another store under the same franchisee but didn't have to pay any further delivery costs.

If anyone has called up the sony number and received a confirmation of their redemption (i.e. Sony has received your letter complete with all the details required).. It'd be great if you can let us all know.. :).

As far as I know, I don't think anyone has received a confirmation by either email or letter.

Am I correct???

What: 46XBR

Bought: 24th December

Delivered: 27th December

Mailed: 29th December

Where: Harvey Norman

How Much: $3770 + $196 5yr warranty

Status: Online registration and sent in form 29/12/07 (waiting!)

Dates have been edited recently... I think I sent the form in a little earlier than I initially thought.

Edited by hype

Well so much for registered post.....

I sent my redemption in via registered post with the delivery confirmation also taken out, such that when the receiver signs for it, a small card is sent back to my address to say they have received it and signed/accepted it.

My redemption was sent on the 28/12/07 and to date I have not received any delivery confirmation, so I called the Australia Post customer support line. According to their system my registered mail was delivered to the local Australia Post business center near Sony on the 2/1/07, but no further updates since then. The customer support guy rang the business center to find out what was happening, they said that Sony picks up the mail each day, so it should have been collected by now. But there is no record that they have collected/signed for the registered mail and I have not received any delivery confirmation.

I rang Sony to get the other side of the story and spoke to a nice lady (after the voice telephone system hung up on me multiple times) and she asked me when I sent it and what my redemption code was. She checked the system and confirmed they had received my web submission and they had my details in the system along with my redemption code, but my mailed in redemption (receipt and serial number) had not been processed yet.

She said Sony came back on the 3/1/07 and picked up the mail from the business center and had 35 bags of mail waiting for them. She said anything that was there to be collected was and signed for if necessary. They pick up the mail each day as well.

However due to the large uptake of this offer they are processing it on a date by date basis and are currently doing data entry for those redemption offers from the dates the 22/12/07 and 23/12/07. She was not able to confirm whether mine had been received but estimated it would be entered into the system sometime early next week at the rate they were going.

So at this stage I cannot get confirmation from Australia Post or Sony that it has infact been delivered to Sony despite the fact I used registered post and paid the premium for delivery confirmation.

I have asked Australia Post to 'please explain' and they have started an internal investigation to find out where the hell my registered mail item has gone.

I'll call Sony back next week and see if they have started to process entries from the 2/1/08 as yet

So at least we have some idea of how many entries they have and the rate at which they are processing them. ie: They only started processing on the 3/1/08 and are now only upto the 22/12/07 and 23/12/07, that is 2 days into the promotion period ;(

If they can't confirm they have received mine by the end of next week i'll just have to mail another redemption letter in again, Sigh.......

Edited by klif-e

What: KDL40W3100

When: 21/12/07

Where: JB Hifi - Rouse Hill

Price: $2900 (incl: 4YR extended warranty, HDMI cable & surge protecter board)

Mailed: 24/12/07

WOW! I think your the first one that recieved the PS3!!

How did you get it?! Did they deliver it to you while you were at home or did they left a card for you and you had to pick it up from the post office?!

Thanks,

Andy

What: KDL40X3100

When: 27/12/07

Where: HNorman - Knox City

Price: $3000

Mailed: 27/12/07

For REAL! You lucky bugger. I hope they are this quick for everyone. I now have hope I might get it before Feb. Anyone else get thier Ps3 yet?

Edited by adjac

Hey peakers, well done... that PS3 didn't take long at all, I suspect others will be waiting longer than that with the amount of tv's purchased/redeemed over xmas/new year.

Could you tell me how the PS3 arrived, is it registered with signature reqd on delivery or just left on the front door step?

Cheers in advance and have fun watching your HD movies & playing games in 1080p - cannot wait for that...

WOW! I think your the first one that recieved the PS3!!

How did you get it?! Did they deliver it to you while you were at home or did they left a card for you and you had to pick it up from the post office?!

Thanks,

Andy

Wife was at home and signed for it, she thinks it was an Australia post parcel van that delivered it.

Hey peakers, well done... that PS3 didn't take long at all, I suspect others will be waiting longer than that with the amount of tv's purchased/redeemed over xmas/new year.

Could you tell me how the PS3 arrived, is it registered with signature reqd on delivery or just left on the front door step?

Cheers in advance and have fun watching your HD movies & playing games in 1080p - cannot wait for that...

Thanks, from what my wife told me sounds like its registered, as she had to sign for it. I guess they will leave a notice with you to collect it from your local post office if no one is home to sign for it. I'm surprised it arrived so quickly, I was expecting a long wait after reading everyone else's post's, so they must be getting through them.

i posted this is another thread, but seems ppl have posted here too..

Model: KDL40W3100

When: 8/1/08

Where: Harvey Norman

price: $2450 for tv, $200 for +4yr warranty (5yr all up) total of $2650 all on 36mnth finance. No chance I was getting any cheaper without paying with ciril ash..

Status of PS3: Emailed but not sent evelope, will this arvo...

Hopefully they start churing out the PS3's now everyone is back from chrissy hols.. would be nice to start seeing bulk of people receiving them!

Was just curious if anyone has taken the other option of actually voicing their opinion by mailing Sony expressing

their disappointment in purchasing an X or XBR series Bravia only a couple of weeks prior to only find out the PS3 is now available as part of redemption when purchased the above product.

Has anyone thought or done this?

Will be interesting to see if Sony may provide any compensation or half price PS3's....