• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've bought my 46X3100 on (27/12/07) from HN in QV Melbourne (paid in full),

was told on Wednesday(02/01/08) that I will have to wait another 2 weeks before

they get any in stock.

Anyone else had to wait for their LCD TV? :wacko:

Funny that. I also paid in full for a 46x on 27/12. from Harvey Norman in Qld. I was told that they would source a TV from another store for me as they were out of stock. Found out Wed 2/01 that now they could not get it. I was told Sony had no more until February.

Was going to get a refund until I found out Sony have extended the claim date for their PS3 deal so I am going to be patient and wait. If by some chance the TV does not arrive in time to claim the deal I will not be happy & will demand a refund..

Also now that the stock is so low I have found the shops that have them will not go anywhere near the price I got.

Unfortunatly I didn't purchase the TV, but my parents did. I helped them with research and finding them a good price for the 40" XBR. In return they're giving me the PS3. Now I just have get myself an LCD :rolleyes:

What : KDL40XBR

When : 30/12/07

Where : JB HIFI

Price : $3250 including 5 year extended warranty and delivery

Mailed : Will mail tomorrow 06/01 via registered post.

Edited by Craig_H

I've bought my 46X3100 on (27/12/07) from HN in QV Melbourne (paid in full),

was told on Wednesday(02/01/08) that I will have to wait another 2 weeks before

they get any in stock.

Anyone else had to wait for their LCD TV? :wacko:

Yep I'm waiting... wishing I could have it now really... purchased on Boxing Day, advised early Jan and last week told any day now, somehow I get the feeling it will be early-mid Feb like everyone else on the waiting list. As long as my PS3 is all ok, I'll be patient.

Funny that. I also paid in full for a 46x on 27/12. from Harvey Norman in Qld. I was told that they would source a TV from another store for me as they were out of stock. Found out Wed 2/01 that now they could not get it. I was told Sony had no more until February.

Was going to get a refund until I found out Sony have extended the claim date for their PS3 deal so I am going to be patient and wait. If by some chance the TV does not arrive in time to claim the deal I will not be happy & will demand a refund..

Also now that the stock is so low I have found the shops that have them will not go anywhere near the price I got.

How much did you pay for yours?

The guy who sold me the tv said the same thing mate, he was going to source the tv from other HN store, until Wed when they told me that it would cost them $120 extra to ship the tv from another store. They were not willing to pay for this shipping cost, I spoke to the manager and ask him if we can split the shippin cost. He did not agree and advised me that if I am not happy to wait til Mid January I can get a refund.

It was a bad experience with HN, will never buy anything of em ever again.

Checked from other stores (DJ, JB Hifi, Good guys, Retravision) none of em have it stocked, most advised that Sony will

ship the 46X mid January.

Edited by sev3n

Spoke with GG Maribyrnong on Friday: they're waiting on a shipment of 45 units, ~25 of which were already purchased. Still expecting mid-Jan apparently: I was told 2 weeks.

I guess we'll see.

Those of you waiting on a shipment, did you pay the full amount or a deposit? I'm wondering what Sony will say my purchase date was if, by the end of Jan, I haven't received the TV and thus still only have a deposit down.

Edit: on the subject of HN shopping experiences, I had some surprisingly good encounters when recently shopping for whitegoods, but as soon as I went back to buy a TV, they were quite uninterested in negotiating any reasonable price and generally were pretty unpleasant to speak to. Of course, this was in the peak shopping period, so can't be too critical i guess.

Edited by VectorZero

How much did you pay for yours?

The guy who sold me the tv said the same thing mate, he was going to source the tv from other HN store, until Wed when they told me that it would cost them $120 extra to ship the tv from another store. They were not willing to pay for this shipping cost, I spoke to the manager and ask him if we can split the shippin cost. He did not agree and advised me that if I am not happy to wait til Mid January I can get a refund.

It was a bad experience with HN, will never buy anything of em ever again.

Checked from other stores (DJ, JB Hifi, Good guys, Retravision) none of em have it stocked, most advised that Sony will

ship these tvs mid January.

I would not be suprised if it was just a sales tactic. Probably never intended on sourcing another TV. Getting your money into their till is the game. Once that happens you then go to the bottom of the list.

Anyone else out there had a similar experience with these TVs since the promotion?

What : KDL46x3100

When : 06/01/2008

Where : JB HIFI modbury

Price : $3480 + 339 for 5 year warranty

Mailed : going to try over the internet before i get TV

Been told TV wont be in for atleast 2 weeks

Well, when i heard that HN had there 25 months interest free thing going on i thought i would go and check out some telly's, and agreed to a 40"W3100 for $2500 and was told that they were expecting a shipment the following week as the 40"w was sold out at the time (boxing day), its now the 6th and they are still unsure when the telly will be available to pick up, hopefully they receive them this week,(or so they tell me) but if that does not happen and the weeks go by i will be concerned about getting my claim for the PS3 in on time, because i still have to purchase before the 28th and as i am going for the interest free deal i have not purchased yet, need the telly to arrive so i can get everything sorted out, and just to make things a little more tense for myself, we are going on holiday on the 21fst and wont be back until the 4th feb so i hope this is sorted before i leave or i wont be able to enjoy my self lol :wacko:

What : KDL46x3100

When : 06/01/2008

Where : JB HIFI Castle Hill NSW

Price : $3400 + 219 for 3 year warranty

Mailed : going to try over the internet before i get TV

I actually bought 2 sets and paid in full (one on my uncles behalf). I didn't ask for 2 separate receipts and am now wondering if I should have for redemption of our PS3's.

I'll give sony a call tomorrow and see if I should go back to JB for another receipt, even though the receipt I have clearly states 2 KDL46x3100 's.

The sales guy was very up front and to the point. He said do the deal today and you'll be right for the redemption and that it would be a 3-4 week wait which seems to coincide what others have been told or are experiencing. I figure it's a small price to pay for what seems to be a decent price on the tv.

If there are any locals wanting a referral I can give you his name if need be.

"The guy who sold me the tv said the same thing mate, he was going to source the tv from other HN store, until Wed when they told me that it would cost them $120 extra to ship the tv from another store."

this is bullsh1t. I purchased a panel before xmas from HN. the guy said they had no stock, but rang around, and found that the Watergardens store had one. No alteration to price, no delivery fee. Nada. Shipping cost from store to store? i have never heard of that.

"The guy who sold me the tv said the same thing mate, he was going to source the tv from other HN store, until Wed when they told me that it would cost them $120 extra to ship the tv from another store."

this is bullsh1t. I purchased a panel before xmas from HN. the guy said they had no stock, but rang around, and found that the Watergardens store had one. No alteration to price, no delivery fee. Nada. Shipping cost from store to store? i have never heard of that.

What the manager said was, they are losing money from selling the tv to me at such price($3450) and that they cant afford to lose $120 more. He said although they are under one brand (Harvey Norman) they are owned by different franchisee.

All Redemption's for the PS3 must be received by the 10th of march 2008

they have just extended the offer because they cant supply the TV's to there dealers

This is true but seeing that i can only purchase this telly by taking advantage of the interest free deal that HN is offering at the moment, and they don't have the telly for me, and i still have to have purchase the telly by the 28th it wont matter if they extend the date for 12 months because i still have to purchase by the 28th and i can not do that until the telly arrives!, this is my concern, there not much i can do about it, but i just get a bit annoyed when they tell you they will have it next week and next week turns into next month. Hopefully the telly arrives this week and everything will be good but i just have the sense that it going to be a big pain in the @#$ lol.

Guest Chris Henderson

Adam,

Am interested in a SOny BRAVIA 52 (X or XBR), but perfer the X series.

ALso wanting 5 YEar Warranty (Extended)

What sort of deas are you offering. PM Me.

Chris

Hey,

My father in law and i went into Clive Anthonys(Mt Gravatt, Brisbane) on the 27/12 and both put deposits down on 46X's. At the time the salesman said they didn't have any in stock, but would early the next week. So it gets to friday the 4/1 and i call him. What do ya know! They can't tell me when they will arrive, apparently they have 75 on order from Sony. He told me NOONE had any stock. Which i confirmed by calling around everywhere looking to get one earlier. So i too am interested in any advance warning of when these Bravias are really going to arrive. If it begins to get close to the 28/1 i will have to take my father in law in and both pay out the remaining money owed to ensure PS3 delivery.

Also i went in today thinking i would pay another $300 and get an XBR instead. But now there is no stock of those also. This is just killing me!

Tried to buy it online from Sony website

46X3100:

We're sorry - one of your requested products is out of stock. It will be available on Tue, 12 Feb, 2008. You can choose to add the product to the cart, or be emailed when it is available again.

46XBR:

We're sorry - one of your requested products is out of stock. It will be available on Wed, 30 Jan, 2008. You can choose to add the product to the cart, or be emailed when it is available again.

:wacko:

Hi First post so here goes.

Just got my KDL40XBR from Sony Central in Prahran, paid $3389 but they are guaranteeing me a free ps3, even if the shipment dosen't arrive before the end of the PS3 offer!

Seems like they are doing this for all their customers, as long as the purchase is fully paid for before the 28th of Jan.

Can't wait... Free PS3 for me!

Hmmm, I posted this in the "hdtv prices" thread already, but it might be more useful here!

What: KDL40X3100

When: 28/12/2007 (not yet delivered)

Where : JB Hifi

Price : $2820 (+ $279 for 5-year warranty and $45 for delivery --> $3144 all up)

Status: registered on website, but not yet mailed (waiting for tv to be delivered...hopefully not too much longer!)

BTW, should I be worried that I didn't receive a confirmation e-mail from Sony after I registered for the free PS3 redemption?

Edited by gaz_bris

BTW, should I be worried that I didn't receive a confirmation e-mail from Sony after I registered for the free PS3 redemption?

Not as long as you took note of the registration code when you filled in the online form. I'd say your email confirmation has gone to spam or something, but you don't need it as long as you've got the code.

Not sure how relevant this is to the free PS3 offer, but today I received my $100 rebate cheque from Sony for a camcorder promotion that I submitted in mid-October. These things don't happen very quickly.