Sony Bravia- Bonus Ps3 Offer

Someone said someone should make a post about this, so here it is

tell us what bravia TV you got

how much you paid

when you got it

where you got it

when you sent away for the PS3

when you recieved the PS3 (if applicable)

this should give some people an idea about how long it will take, depending where you are

Hi All

I just orderd a KDL52XBR with the ps3 bundled

how much you paid $5370 = $300 ( 4yr) wty

when you got it - Getting deliverd on 19th

where you got it - Clive Anthonys Castle Hill

when you sent away for the PS3 - Not yet

when you recieved the PS3 (if applicable

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Biffsta

So it's looking like early February till people start getting the PS3. Add one 2.5" SATA HDD, the new tuner when it's out, and you've got yourself a decent blu-ray/divx/DVD/Digtv box.

Hi Guys,

Just stumbled upon this forum a few days ago. Great resource!

I was wondering if anyone knows if there's a way to register your Bravia purchase with Sony before actually taking delivery?

I believe that Samsung allow you to register for your free LCD TV - even if you don't yet have the serial number - by using a *.

I'm considering purchasing a 40W, but may not get it delivered in time to claim the free PS3.

Thanks and keep up the good work! ;)

BFOT

when you fill out the online form there is a box that says 'leave blank if you have not recieved your TV yet' or something along those lines...

im sure with such a great deal they expect Bravia's to be moving pretty quickly hence not everyone will be able to get theirs straight away... im sure if you paid for it in the allocated dates and have an invoice you'll be fine.....

Hey Trawler,

Any chance you could send me a copy of the receipt for this? Did you get extra warranty on top and if so how much? Got quoted $3100 for the W series 46" today at Good Guys in Nth Brisbane and $3419 with an extra 4 year warranty.

So please send me a copy of the receipt so I can possibly get the X series for the price of a W series!!!

Posted back in the prices thread: http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?s=&...st&p=890619

Edited by Trawler

So it's looking like early February till people start getting the PS3. Add one 2.5" SATA HDD, the new tuner when it's out, and you've got yourself a decent blu-ray/divx/DVD/Digtv box.

yeah, but my problem is when do i buy all that stuff, plus games cables movies and peripherals

i dont want to buy them too soon in case prices drop

but i dont want to get my ps3 and have nothing to do with it

i guess i could get the extras the same day, but things would then be rushed

Hey guys,

Does anyone have the correct fax number? I sent off the wrong invoice and called them up this morning but the fax number wont go through.

The lady told me 02 88977301

Any one got any idea?

She also said that they have a big bag of mail that hasnt been opened yet, so it looks like they arent in any rush.

Cheers

I just sent in my Serial Number today via express Post. Cant wait to get my first Bluray disc and till GT 5 comes out I'll get that right away. The onyl problem will be I already have a 360 and wii that I just got....not that I am complaining.

Listen to all you whingers !!! You are getting a FREE playstation here!!! Several thousand people will have sent off for this offer. There will be a couple of temps in a room opening mail and logging the details into a computer. It's going to take time. It will take even longer if everyone on this forum with nothing better to do with their summer holidays keeps phoning up to ask if they have received their forms :rolleyes:

Listen to all you whingers !!! You are getting a FREE playstation here!!! Several thousand people will have sent off for this offer. There will be a couple of temps in a room opening mail and logging the details into a computer. It's going to take time. It will take even longer if everyone on this forum with nothing better to do with their summer holidays keeps phoning up to ask if they have received their forms :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more.

After doing the rounds of my local stores in recent days, I have come to the following conclusion. Most of the Sony KDL40X3100 are out of stock, thus we are waiting a shipment from Asia.

The key here is when you can make the claim for your Sony Playstations 3.

On the Sony website it clearly states, All redemption claims must be received by 10 March 2008.

Does this mean I can buy my Sony KDL40X3100 today, take delivery of it in say February, then issue the redemption claim then?

Assuming they get it before March 10, my claim would still be valid yes?

i got told not to buy a sony bravia lcd tv as they where the lower end of the lcd tv scale so i got a top end jvc 42" lcd with 4 yrs extended warranty for under $3700 and got a sony ps3 $649 with 2 games and monster cabling for about $200 for hdmi

I don't know who told you that, but imho they were sorely mistaken.

Bravia's are some of the top LCD tvs available, and for the price you paid you could have had a 46" 1080p X servies Bravia, a free PS3 and almost have the cables included.

However you have a good LCD so just enjoy it ;)

Edited by klif-e

I don't know who told you that, but imho they were sorely mistaken.

Bravia's are some of the top LCD tvs available, and for the price you paid you could have had a 46" 1080p X servies Bravia, a free PS3 and almost have the cables included.

However you have a good LCD so just enjoy it ;)

yeah i love my lcd ay the guys at HN told me not to buy one because they were a lower end compared to jvc and the jvc was only bout $500 more so i got the jvc and it has everything i expected, what really surprised me was the price of my cinema system that blew me away how much they took off it.. but yeah i got me ps3 now the only touble i'm having is that my ps3 like to randomly turn off no matter what you maybe doing, which is really starting to give me the shits

WHAT: KDL40X3100

WHEN: 24/12/2007

WHERE: JB HI-FI

HOW MUCH: $3000

MAILED: 27/12/2008

I have to agree that Sony is being slack, they should have expected that alot of people would take up this offer and send in for their free PS3 so they should have been prepared for it. Hey by the way I didn't get an extended warranty with my tv, do you think it is needed since it is a sony product and should not give me any troubles?

WHEN: 24/12/2007

WHERE: JB HI-FI

HOW MUCH: $3000

MAILED: 27/12/2008

I have to agree that Sony is being slack, they should have expected that alot of people would take up this offer and send in for their free PS3 so they should have been prepared for it. Hey by the way I didn't get an extended warranty with my tv, do you think it is needed since it is a sony product and should not give me any troubles?

I personally like the peace of mind that I have an extended warranty. I think the days of TVs lasting 10-15 years are gone for the moment, the maturity of CRTs meant they were much more reliable if you bought a decent brand. I am not sure the same can be said for LCD or Plasma as yet due to their relative immaturity.

WHEN: 2/01/2008

WHERE: Clive Peeters

HOW MUCH: $2496

MAILED: 03/01/2008

Considering Ive only sent it yesterday, It will be well into February before I see the PS3 I guess.

Was this tv really a X series, that is very cheap, are sure it wasn't the W series?

I interpret the 28 working days period to be the longest time possible it could take for it to be sent your way. And usually a rather 'generous' timeframe is given to cater for people in rural/remote areas where delievery times can be longer.

Being in a metro area myself, I would be hopeful to see it sooner than that. But I wouldn't expect it to happen overnight. I'm taking a stab at 2-4 weeks for it to come my way.. Being one of the earlier ones to send my redemption through (last year), hopefully the influx of incoming packages isn't as much as it could be later this month.

And I would say most of the guys here aren't so much whinging as to how long it will take, I think if some reassurance on Sony's end confirming that they have received their redemption and it's just up to them to send the package off.. then it would give some relief for many.

but the question as to how they send it and what if they send it to the wrong place or someone steals it if they just simply left it outside ur door is another question..