Sony Bravia- Bonus Ps3 Offer

Someone said someone should make a post about this, so here it is

tell us what bravia TV you got

how much you paid

when you got it

where you got it

when you sent away for the PS3

when you recieved the PS3 (if applicable)

this should give some people an idea about how long it will take, depending where you are

Edited by P.Archer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

My info below....but, did you get an email back from Sony with the 'unique registration code' etc once you had registered on the Sony site??? I registered 2 days ago straight after we paid the deposit on the TV, but never received any email. I also registered for the $100 cashback on a handycam at the same time and haven't received the email for that either. I'm tempted to re-register with a different email address, maybe in my wife's name, to see if the email comes through. Please let me know....

WHAT: KDL46X3100

WHEN: 28/12/2007

WHERE: HN Joondalup

HOW MUCH: $3500 (Delivery in Jan 2008 sometime)

MAILED: Not yet, waiting on TV to be delivered.

Edited by Stalker

Hey Guys,

My info below....but, did you get an email back from Sony with the 'unique registration code' etc once you had registered on the Sony site??? I registered 2 days ago straight after we paid the deposit on the TV, but never received any email. I also registered for the $100 cashback on a handycam at the same time and haven't received the email for that either. I'm tempted to re-register with a different email address, maybe in my wife's name, to see if the email comes through. Please let me know....

Yep I received an email from noreply@hosting.eurorscg.com.au entitled BRAVIA Bonus PS3 Registration Confirmation

Maybe its gotten picked up by a spam filter somewhere?

Yep I received an email from noreply@hosting.eurorscg.com.au entitled BRAVIA Bonus PS3 Registration Confirmation

Maybe its gotten picked up by a spam filter somewhere?

when did you recieve this email and what did it say

i havent recieved it yet.

BTW Stalker, better tell HN to hurry up, comp closes 28th of Jan

Edit: as long as they recieve your letter by the 12th of feb

Edited by P.Archer

The redemption offer has the following dates associated with it.

Offer period starts 9am AEDST on 21/12/07 and ends 11:59pm AEDST on 28/01/08.

All claims must be received by 11:50pm AEDST on 12/02/08.

So as long as you purchase and get the receipt by the 28/1/08, and submit the redemption (serial + receipt) by 12/02/08 you're all good.

The email arrived within minutes of submitting the form.

Thanks for registering your BRAVIA KDL46X3100. Complete the claim process by following the steps below, and we'll soon be sending you your PLAYSTATION®3.

1) Photocopy the proof of purchase for the BRAVIA LCD TV you've just registered.

2) Cut out the serial number from your BRAVIA box.

3) Make a note of this unique registration code: XXXXXX

4) Put the proof of purchase and serial number in an envelope, and write your name, address and unique registration code on the back. Post to:

BRAVIA and PLAYSTATION®3 Promotion

PO Box 294

Brookvale NSW 2100

For all claim enquiries, please call 1800 882 170

Kind regards,

The Sony Team

So as long as you noted the unique registration code then you don't need the email.

what- 40" W

cost- $2550 inc 5 year warranty

when- 28/12/07

where- Harvey Norman Mount Barker SA

mailed- 28/12/07 - I did recieve an email from Sony.

status- still waiting

something very strange though.... has anyone tried to ring the Claim enquiries phone number? 1800 882 170. its a Peter's Netball promotion which ended ages ago..... very, very odd...

I put down my mates address on the online application as our postal/courier service out where I live is dodgy at best..... I hope that doesnt cause problems..... pity i cant ring them to confirm this...

Edited by Blottski

I noticed on a similar topic to this (regarding the free samsung tvs) that some people have emailed the appropriate person and recieved a confirmation email on wheter or not their reciept and serial no. has been recieved.

perhaps someone should try this

I would but i dont know where to send the email

I phoned Sony this morning and reported the Netball competition on that number and they said they have had a number of reports and that the number will be up and running on 2 January 08. The guy I spoke to could not give me any indication of the status of my application but said that the phone number may be able to help me on the 2nd.

He also said that he thought we had to print out the online application and send it with the rest of the stuff. I was not asked to print it out when I applied online. Oh well, will phone them on the 2nd...

Edit: as long as they recieve your letter by the 12th of feb

Ok, well my original email has now come through - 3 days later - but I think this was more to do with our mail server at work than Sony. Anyway, now I have registered twice. Bah...oh, well. I'll just pick one.

Don't worry - I'll be chasing these guys up if I don't have my TV by the 14th. The free PS3 was the deal sealer for me, so without that I'll be slightly annoyed. :angry:

I purchased a 52" Bravia XBR on 30th Dec. Details:

WHAT: KDL52XBR

WHEN: 30/12/2007

WHERE: Retravision Knox City, Victoria [original salesman was Len Gardner on 29/12, then Aidan Pivetta on 30/12]

HOW MUCH: Package deal of the TV and 4yr extended warranty - TV invoiced at $5231, +4yr Warranty at $369. Extra $30 to deliver. Delivery ETA mid Jan 2008

MAILED: Not yet, waiting on TV to be delivered for serial number.

Another relative of mine then purchased the 46" from the same salesman on 31/12, paid $3750 for the TV. Both of us wanted to take advantage of the Amex offer (10 bonus points for every $ spent at certain electrical stores) that finished 31/12.

cheers

Kevin

I purchased a 52" Bravia XBR on 30th Dec. Details:

WHAT: KDL52XBR

WHEN: 30/12/2007

WHERE: Retravision Knox City, Victoria [original salesman was Len Gardner on 29/12, then Aidan Pivetta on 30/12]

HOW MUCH: Package deal of the TV and 4yr extended warranty - TV invoiced at $5231, +4yr Warranty at $369. Extra $30 to deliver. Delivery ETA mid Jan 2008

MAILED: Not yet, waiting on TV to be delivered for serial number.

Another relative of mine then purchased the 46" from the same salesman on 31/12, paid $3750 for the TV. Both of us wanted to take advantage of the Amex offer (10 bonus points for every $ spent at certain electrical stores) that finished 31/12.

cheers

Kevin

Damn, I never thought they could do any deals. LOL!

They always priced their items based on the original RRP price. Last time I notice their pana. pZ price at 5799, that's even higher than the Pana. RRP price for PZ when it 1st came out.

Anyway, In future I should consider all shops. THose unexpected places seems to give good deals.

Hi P. Archer

I was wondering how you are finding your new W series as i am eagerly awaiting a 40"w my self and would love to hear how a fellow W series owner is enjoying there purchase, so if you feel like it give me all the low down on this telly lol.

cheers

Edited by Fleminator

He also said that he thought we had to print out the online application and send it with the rest of the stuff. I was not asked to print it out when I applied online. Oh well, will phone them on the 2nd...

This requirement is not explained on the website or the instore promotional flyers.

They are quite specific about what should be mailed, and what should be on the inside and outside of the envelope.

If you do call them on the 2nd can you please confirm this new requirement.

I personally sent mine in via registered mail with a signature required and delivery notification option.

Hi P. Archer

I was wondering how you are finding your new W series as i am eagerly awaiting a 40"w my self and would love to hear how a fellow W series owner is enjoying there purchase, so if you feel like it give me all the low down on this telly lol.

cheers

its a great tv. HD tv programs look great at 1080i.

because i haven't got my ps3 yet, (only ps2) i am yet to see the benefits of bluray over dvd but im certain it will be amazing

im sure gaming will also be much better

only two minor problems so far

1- lost all sound on digital tv, despite perfect reception. turned the set on and off and it was back to normal

2- tv kept clicking every minute, even when off. after it cooled down it was fine (it was rather hot)

apart from that its great, very clear and bright picture

also, i have emailed sony about my ps3 status, yet to hear back

Hi P. Archer

cheers

I'll throw my 2 cents in here as well.... absolutely love my W 40"........ watched Charlies Angels last night in 1080i HD and T&A never looked so good! :P Im gunna watch Collateral Damage tonight which im really looking forward to seeing in HD...

360 gaming is fantastic also.... im running mine in 1080p via component at the moment but im picking up a VGA cable in the next week or so and im gunna pick up a HD DVD Drive (mostly for Transformers) Cant wait for the PS3 to arrive as I have Black Hawk Down coming from amazone on Blu Ray....

i steped up from a 36" CRT Toshiba and even the wife says the new Sony looks 100X better..... (for her to say that it must be impressive)

I know it sounds weird but this TV has got me back into watching movies again.... on the old TV I never really wanted to sit down and watch a movie but no I really look forward to it no matter what film it is.....

so yeah... Its a great TV.... I love mine to pieces!!!

You will no be disapointed....

Edited by Blottski