Anyone Buying A Bravia Who Doesn't Want The Ps3?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vinex you have no clue, they make there money off accessories and games, i used to work at kmart and trust me, a lot of stuff there goes under cost, you my friend are a conman and thus scum

The fact that some online mags and a few Journos have a guess at what these things cost Sony to make and you know what KMart pay Sony has absolutely nothing to do with the real cost of manufacture, even if product is quite new (which PS3 is not). Anything mass-produced costs a fraction of the retail price and that only drops as plant is amortised and volumes increase. Sony are never going to tell anyone what they really cost lets face it. They may make up a number to justify the high retail price, but I'm not buying it.

You should change your username to cowabungarude, no need to get personal – try engaging in the general rules of conduct on forums.

Mods - this must be awfully close to banning.

Edited by Bertzz

That's as ridiculous as the proposition that seller stores make only 6% profit on the PS3 units. OK...6% of $699 is approx $42. Stores like Big W & Kmart advertise these units at $598. Therefore these stores would be making a loss of $57 each time they sell a unit!! Smart business tactics!!

It is fact

Playstation markup is 6% on the SRP. Thats all.

All other consoles like PS2, PSP, Wii, NDS believe it or not are only 4%. Ipod is only 12%

Retailers do loss leaders on them - especially the mass merchants, becuase when the mums go in to buy for their kids, they also end up buying games, clothers, toys, ect ect ect...................................

And Vinex if you dispute this fact - which is fact let me assure you, then really you should not comment any further because this is 100% fact.

And by the way weather you buy 100 or 10,000 consoles - Sony does not budge on the wholesale price. These facts, I will state my reputation on.

It is fact

Playstation markup is 6% on the SRP. Thats all.

All other consoles like PS2, PSP, Wii, NDS believe it or not are only 4%. Ipod is only 12%

Retailers do loss leaders on them - especially the mass merchants, becuase when the mums go in to buy for their kids, they also end up buying games, clothers, toys, ect ect ect...................................

And Vinex if you dispute this fact - which is fact let me assure you, then really you should not comment any further because this is 100% fact.

And by the way weather you buy 100 or 10,000 consoles - Sony does not budge on the wholesale price. These facts, I will state my reputation on.

Here Vinex you conman, read this.

Nobody has fallen for your scam so best of moving elsewhere, people here are not stupid

Edited by cowabungadude

It is fact that store sell products INCLUDING PS3's below the cost price. It's called a promotion. Two reasons why they do this.

1. Larger stores, such as JB and K-mart are driven by commissions. The more they sell the more commission they receive. Simple.

2. When they drop the price of a PS3 to below cost price you will often find that the ps3 will be heavily advertised thorough brochures and the like. This is to attract customers to their stores, who may often buy complimentary products to go with the playstation or even other "impulse" purchases which ultimately covers the "loss" made on the PS3. It's the same with supermarkets.

It's pretty obvious, Vinex. Marketing 101 really. It doesn’t take a genius to work out. :blink:

The thread started off looking for anyone wanting to make a few bucks selling a PS3 they didn't need/want - now you're deciding that a PS3 isn't worth what people are paying for it?! Are you nuts?!

I appreciate value is an inherently subjective term, but if we stick with the "it's worth whatever someone will pay for it" theory, these things are if anything UNDERVALUED.

gay, this is the worst post ive ever read, he is genuinely trying to help those who have no clue about ps3 prices, whilst those offering these ridiculous $350 prices know exactly that some don't know the real value of their ps3's, and are trying to take advantage of that.

That to me is a SCAM, and those who do it can go DIAF.

Andrew, you're the man, keep it up, some people on here are scum

How much would you like to see Sony making/not making?

How much do you think a PS3 should cost brand new from the shop?

Do you have some secret inside knowledge of how much it costs for them to be assembled?

Getting sick of this crap people are spouting.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/18/playsta...rill-lynch-mob/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3

The PlayStation 3's initial production cost is estimated to have been US$805.85 for the 20 GB model and US$840.35 for the 60 GB model;[37] however, they were priced at US$499 and US$599, respectively.[38] The high manufacturing costs meant that every unit was sold at a loss of approximately $250

PS I don't own a PS3 or a Sony TV.

I'm happy to see that there at least some people on this forum with more than 2 brain cells ...

Fact is, a whole host of ppl got a free ps3, a whole host of these people may put them on ebay within a short period of time. ill put my 2c on that they will go at the 450 mark.

That's still $100 more (or 22.2%, yes I'm an accountant) than the $350 offer. I know if I was selling something I'd be happy to be 'compensated' for the extra 'effort' of selling on eBay to the tune of 22.2%!

Fact is, a whole host of ppl got a free ps3, a whole host of these people may put them on ebay within a short period of time. ill put my 2c on that they will go at the 450 mark.

Yes you are right a host of people got a PS3 for free and for most that will compliment there new HD LCD so I would imagine most will keep them.

For those who already have a PS3 ebay is an option but my guess is there'll be a family member eager to get there hand's on it.

Once the brother in law, brother or mate for that matter find's out you have another PS3 on the way they'll quickly try and claim it at mate's rate's.

i reckon most would keep it purely for the blu-ray player as most have done here, so i'm not sure how this is "fact" sherlock holmes :wacko:

Yeah, I'd be happy to buy someone's unwanted PS3 as well. Looking at paying around $350 as there will be quite a few of these hitting the market once Sony start sending them out. I'm only interested in a new unopened unit. Otherwise $300 is tops for a used PS3.

haha the funniest post i've ever seen on dtv! haahahahahah :lol:

Since I have been attacked indirectly for my comments I will explain a little further.

Forget RRP as it is irrelevant it is about relative value.

Anyone on this forum who pays RRP or even close to it please raise their hands.........what's that no one..OK let's move on.

Most people here, myself included wait until they feel they have acquired the best possible price they can negotiate for a product, or wait until the product is priced at a point that they deem the best value or the price that they were willing to pay for it.

My example is the Beyonwiz DP-P1 which I just purchased for $780. I refused to buy one until I could get one for under $800 as in my mind that is all I was willing to pay for it.

What it was actually worth was irrelevant to me as I was only willing to go this high for it.

So if I post here asking if anyone wants to sell me a new DP-P1 for $780 contact me.

Then everyone jumps on and starts rambling about RRP and you could get $100 more on ebay etc etc.

I don't care.

If I cannot buy one for the price I am willing to pay I will not buy one.

If no one wants to sell me one for that price I will not buy one.

If people think they are worth more than that, keep them or sell them for more elsewhere.

I don't care as I will not pay more for it than it is worth to me in my eyes.

Again forget RRP or street price it is about relative value to the purchaser.

Think about that next time you go into a store and haggle a price with a salesman. Stop at the point you think he should sell it for not what you think it is worth to you. I bet you don't.

As I said earlier the $350 was IMHO a little low but not out of the question for an owner of one that had no interest in it, or already had one and didn't want to go to the trouble of advertising or ebay etc.

It seems that the only people that are highly offended at the low offers made here are those that obviously paid too much for their Evil Bastard products and feel that the PS3 they dished out $1K for e few months back shouldn’t have depreciated so quickly and are annoyed at the fact that their little marvels are eventually reaching the kind of prices they should always have been at from the start. The fact that Evil Bastard Inc. holds out a bit longer than most CE manufacturers in meeting the market on price, obviously lead them to naively believe that Sony products do not depreciate but rather appreciate against the trend of the entire industry! Oh well - some day the reality of the CE industry may set in and that will be a very pitiful day for them!

Actually the people that paid 1k are laughing all the way to the bank. They regularly go for $1200-1500 on ebay.

Well that was a whole lotta nothin.

It was an opinion which I am entitled too or as it seems these days members have become too elitist so if your ideas do no match theirs you are brainless.

I think the point people have been trying to make here is that consoles are not like normal electricals.

I think the point people are missing here is that it was free.