Anyone Buying A Bravia Who Doesn't Want The Ps3?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These forums are excessively price driven in commentary and people try to pay as little as possible. The facts are these.

Sony gives the retailers around 6% margin on the consoles - If you notice no one has really advertised them below about $650 yet we all know 20% off a TV is done easily - Why not 20% off a PS3. Reason - It can not be done

$450 as quoted previously as a street price is Nonsense. Unless you get a sales drone who is an idiot and stuffs up, $450 will never happen.

BIGw/Kmart at $599 - yes it happenned but now they have stopped. Walk in now and try to get it at $599. You simply wont. It was a genuine loss leader to drag bums in for the Xmas sales.

Sorry mate you don't have your facts quite right. Call HN in Moore Park Sydney and ask them what they their instore price on the PS3 is. They had it for $549(advertised) last week. That's the unnegotiated price. A good negotiator will have it walking out of there at $500....no sweat!

Now, how did people purchase them for $450 on this forum? Ans: It depends on the number of units a store purchases from Sony. The more units you can buy the lower the unit cost price is. That's how the stores are able to sell at that price. The Sharp BD player I bought was almost $400 cheaper! It can be done...you just have to know how to do do it. That's the fact.

In the next couple of weeks, once people receive their free PS3, the prices are bound to come down further. That's just simple economics...supply and demand!

NTING, your offer is reasonable and I reckon you should stick to it. Just be patient and watch the proces drop! <_<

Cheers vinex, I will stick to my offer of $350.

Not sure why people who aren't buying or selling a PS3 are posting for. If someone wants to sell their PS3, they will post or PM. If they don't want to sell their PS3, they won't. I'm in no hurry, like qurios said, there will be some promotions eventually and then the prices will really drop. Cashbacks and free promos usually lead to one thing, a big price drop or a new replacement model. If you're not going to use your PS3, you might as well get rid of it new.

$350 unopened. $300 opened. Adelaide Pickup. PM me once you have received it.

Cashbacks and free promos usually lead to one thing, a big price drop or a new replacement model. If you're not going to use your PS3, you might as well get rid of it new.

You guys are in lala land, the price just came down from $1000 to $700, do you seriously think they are about to halve that price to under $400 ???

Pricing was dropped for the holiday break - period.

Its not $549 or $449.. its $700 new in store.

I have nothing wrong with someone wanting to save a $ - but being an outright tightarse is just annoying.

You guys are in lala land, the price just came down from $1000 to $700, do you seriously think they are about to halve that price to under $400 ???

Well they're giving them away for "free" with their LCD panels.... so I guess anything's possible! :P

BTW, I think that some of the offers being made on here are on the ridiculous side, even if the transaction were to happen in a couple of months time..... but you never know!!

Pricing was dropped for the holiday break - period.

Its not $549 or $449.. its $700 new in store.

I have nothing wrong with someone wanting to save a $ - but being an outright tightarse is just annoying.

Get in the real world.....you have a lot to learn yet!!

Mate im in the real world

The only other person backing you in this thread is another tightwad without a clue.

You guys are fine to make claims such as in this thread but will be the first ones selling them on ebay for an inflated figure if you had the chance.

Edited by elisiX

What an amusing thread...

For those suggesting street price of $450 to $500 please tell me where.

I'll take 10 and put them on Ebay and sell them for $600ish (as would alot of people).

Somehow I think gurious was spot on...

Somehow I believe most of you (if not all) responding to this thread are the ONE'S that will be receiving the free PS3! It is totally understandable that you want give the impression that these freebies are worth more than they really are!

However, I guess a few of us will have the last laugh in the next few weeks when these things tumble down in price.

I am not even after one of these units seriously...I have my good old Dual core Pentium PC with Nvidia GeForce 8 graphics card with 21' LCD monitor that I use to play my PC games and I have a BD player...

I am just laying down the basic facts....like it or not they are facts!!

BTW, it's ok to save some $$$ when buying items....but over paying for items when they can be bought for cheaper, is sheer stupidity!

P.S....I love this thread!

Edited by vinex

Somehow I believe most of you (if not all) responding to this thread are the ONE'S that will be receiving the free PS3! It is totally understandable that you want give the impression that these freebies are worth more than they really are!

Not me, just looking to protect anyone naive enough to be lead into thinking that their "free" PS3 is only worth $350 on the open market.

A quick scan of ebay will quickly put that contention to rest.

I am not even after one of these units seriously.

Really, then why come in with the low ball offer ?

Or are you looking to turn a quick profit on ebay ?

BTW, it's ok to save some $$$ when buying items....but over paying for items when they can be bought for cheaper, is sheer stupidity!

I agree completely, which is one of the reasons I imported my PS3 for $500 when people were still paying $1000 locally.

But I'm still yet to see any evidence of someone buying a PS3 for $450 locally, and even if they had it still makes the offer of $350 look ridiculous.

vinex, i think the people on this forum are smart enough NOT give their ps3 to you for $350

good luck on getting someone to sell you an unopened ps3 for $350

its ok, since you said you aint in a hurry, just wait a year or 2 for the price your asking :)

+1

Anyone who thinks they can get a PS3 for $450 in a store is crazy.

If it were me I'd be listing it on ebay for $500.

+1

To think your going to get a ps3 for $350 BRAND NEW is a joke. And where is this person that got one for $449? I'd like to see that.

Get in the real world.....you have a lot to learn yet!!

lol. Which world are you on?

I feel this is a fair offer. If you don't, don't sell it. If you're happy to get rid of it and recoup some costs from the tv, PM me for a quick and easy sale. I've got a relatively new tv and so I am looking for a Blu-ray or HD-DVD player, not interested in reselling it. Enjoying my 360 for games and only want the PS3 for movies.

Thanks to all the people who keep bumping this thread. Cheers.

What's with all the hate?

If nting gets a PS3 for $350, good on him. I don't reckon it will happen, and that's why in my first post I offered $500 (quick sale, pick up, in Melbourne), but let the market decide. If his PM box is a little quiet then so be it, but lets wait for genuine posters who have received a potentially unwanted PS3.

What's with all the hate?

Cheers for the support redgsr & vinex.

That's what I'm happy to pay as I'm only going to use it as a Blu-ray player. My friend has a PS3, 360 and Wii and the PS3 only gets used for Blu-ray. He's admitted that it's definitely not worth what they sell it for in the shops as it is very neglected in his entertainment cabinet. Good for movies, but that's about it.

Mate, which planet are you on? I bought my Sharp BD Player (model BDHP20X) for $399 last week. People have got even better deals for them (some people of this forum got them for $399 incl 2 yrs extended warranty).

As far as PS3 are concerned, some on this forum have bought NEW PS3 for $449....

$699 is the RRP price. Obviously no one pays that much. The Sharp Blu-ray player had a RRP of $799 initially!!

I'm from planet Earth what about you?

If you read my post properly you would see that I ask are you refering to the Sharp player or the PS3.

I have no clue what the Sharp player can be bought for and never made any reference to it's price.

The only thing I made reference to was the low price you quoted a PS3 can be bought.

You are right and wrong in that a PS3 can be bought for AU$450 but that is an imported model shipped and purchased from Asia and if you want an Australian PS3 you would need to pay upward's of $600.

If you can get an Australian PS3 for $450 then show me some proof.

Sorry mate you don't have your facts quite right. Call HN in Moore Park Sydney and ask them what they their instore price on the PS3 is. They had it for $549(advertised) last week. That's the unnegotiated price. A good negotiator will have it walking out of there at $500....no sweat!

Now, how did people purchase them for $450 on this forum? Ans: It depends on the number of units a store purchases from Sony. The more units you can buy the lower the unit cost price is. That's how the stores are able to sell at that price. The Sharp BD player I bought was almost $400 cheaper! It can be done...you just have to know how to do do it. That's the fact.

In the next couple of weeks, once people receive their free PS3, the prices are bound to come down further. That's just simple economics...supply and demand!

So anyway, who is selling these PS3 for $450 street price? Which stores? Who on this forum bought one for that?

Don't talk around the question. Give a straight answer or you come across as though you're bullshiting.

I'm planning on going out to buy a second DVR tomorrow for about $600, so a cheap PS3 for Blu-Ray might work just as well.

I'm not a Sony owner trying to drive the price up. I promise :rolleyes: My post history will tell you what TV I recently bought, and it wasn't a Sony... :lol:

For the guy offering $350 - nting - good for you mate. If you get it for thar price, you win. Not a worry IMO.

Edited by azazelx

So anyway, who is selling these PS3 for $450 street price? Which stores? Who on this forum bought one for that?

Don't talk around the question. Give a straight answer or you come across as though you're bullshiting.

That's because he is.

320 post thread on cheapest PS3s

Not a single person who found a way to get one for $450 without trading in an old console/games etc.

"Not me, just looking to protect anyone naive enough to be lead into thinking that their "free" PS3 is only worth $350 on the open market.

A quick scan of ebay will quickly put that contention to rest."

Agree. those with bravias who are selling off their PS3s, I would not even consider any offers below $550.

Heck, it will be still brand new in box, FFS.

lol 450, some people will wank anything to try and SCAM other fellow dtv members out of cash, you'll get 550 EASY on ebay, more likely 580 (i just sold 6 of them on there at this price last week).

people don't wanna here other peoples bullshit on here cause that's all that is, and all they are trying to do i scam others out of their dollars and get a cheap ps3.

if anyone here can provide me with a link to 450 ps3 (or any proof at all apart from a photo showing the tightness of their ass) i'll happily buy 100 and resell the lot on ebay overnight.

fu*k off scammers, READ THIS, This is from TODAY ****es:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...%2509%26fvi%3D1

Brand New Sony Playstation PS3 40 GB

Unwanted Christmas Gift Brand New Still in Box AU $608.00 AU $30.00 02-Jan 12:23

Look after fellow members here or go lie under a bus

The cheapest PS3 in store I've seen is $687 with a game at HN, which roughly prices the bare console at around $600.

Bearing in mind eBay fees & the hassle of listing, postage etc - offering around $500 to come over and pick it up is worth saving the hassle for a lot of people - I know that if my olds had bought a Bravia instead of their Pioneer Plasma, they would jump at the chance of someone coming over & offsetting their purchase price.

I do agree that less than $500 is low, but there may well be a glut of new PS3s on the secondhand market which may dint current prices a bit.

Guest Biffsta
Cheers vinex, I will stick to my offer of $350.

Not sure why people who aren't buying or selling a PS3 are posting for. If someone wants to sell their PS3, they will post or PM. If they don't want to sell their PS3, they won't. I'm in no hurry, like qurios said, there will be some promotions eventually and then the prices will really drop. Cashbacks and free promos usually lead to one thing, a big price drop or a new replacement model. If you're not going to use your PS3, you might as well get rid of it new.

People are posting because they don't like seeing other forum members attempting to scam a deal. If you think the offer is fair and can secure a PS3 for that price then great, however most don't and are making sure anyone reading this thread knows the current pricing for new PS3's on the market.

if anyone here can provide me with a link to 450 ps3 (or any proof at all apart from a photo showing the tightness of their ass) i'll happily buy 100 and resell the lot on ebay overnight.

Honestly that is a bit of a rash statement to make as it may be quite possible to pay $450 per unit if you buy 100 pieces, have you tried?

That's why we organize group buys to lower the prices on things.

If you have a spare 50k odd laying around I will make a few calls for you.

Don't forget to factor in shipping as 100 units may weigh the boot of the car down a bit. ;)

Seriously while $350 may sound too low, (It is IMHO), it is an offer that has been thrown out there and no one has to respond or sell one at that price.

If they do lucky him, if not then nothing ventured nothing gained.

How would we react if we walked in to a store and made an offer on a TV and the sales guy laughed at us and said he could sell it on ebay for more?

It doesn't matter how much they are going for on ebay if the person selling doesn't give a ****, cause they never cared about it in the first place.

At the end of the day we all try to get something for the best price we can or what we feel it is worth to us, nothing wrong with that. :D